Alexander Isak

Anorthernsoul

6 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He's in really good form too.

That Wood looks a player. We should try and get him next year as an option against Isak and Wilson when neither are fit. 

7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That Wood looks a player. We should try and get him next year as an option against Isak and Wilson when neither are fit. 

When you say “we” should try and sign him, do you mean you and me? ‘Cos I certainly can’t afford that sorta cash. 

17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

IMG_2005.jpeg

• Haha 5

If the contract needs renewing we should be doing it asap and sorting out any dodgy clauses etc. 200M or feck off. 

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

If the contract needs renewing we should be doing it asap and sorting out any dodgy clauses etc. 200M or feck off. 

im gonna level with you and say that telling Isak to fuckoff is the last thing we should be doing. 

It’s not really a surprise the media are all over our best players leaving, they’re fucking desperate.

He’s clearly very happy at the club, is playing brilliant football, and said himself he joined the project. I find this story of a wage reduction for missing out on the CL to be a bit weird given that we hadn’t qualified for CL football when he signed for us (and it was a massive longshot), unless he got an increased wage and now it’s dropping? But seems a little weird to put in when signing for a club that at the time was far off CL spots. 

From the clubs side he’s probably the last player we should ever think about selling. Strikers are one of the hardest positions to fill never mind one who is arguably world class (or at least heading towards that bracket). 

• Like 7

Aye I suppose this might have been said before but I don't think there's another player who would be harder to replace. Not even Bruno imo. I'd be heartbroken if Bruno left and he's forged a special connection with the club, but quality central midfielders are more abundant than strikers. 

Let's say we got 120M for him, short of Mbappe who do we get that can do what Isak can? And just look at how some of the other 'top striking talent' from the last year or so has done. Ramos, Ekitike, Hojlund, Nunez. ( should I add Jackson? :lol:)  

He should be absolutely untouchable if he's happy. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think it’s been said before but, even if you got ridiculous money for him then you couldn’t just go out and get a striker of his calibre who would want to come. Because players like that want to play in the CL and genuinely challenge for honours. We haven’t yet proven that’s where we are or that it’s an inevitability in the short term. And you don’t just want to sign someone who’s done it, is no longer hungry and is just looking for a big final payday. He’s basically irreplaceable at the minute 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 5