Eddie's Neonicotinoid Laden Bastards VS. Thomas's Hair Nets

tooner

Cracking day out all things considered. Only got the one pint as the grandson wanted to go player spotting as they arrived. 

Not only is he a massive Jacob Murphy fan, but it also turns out he’s a massive Adam Pearson fan. Much to the despair of myself and his Dad, Adam gladly supplied his autograph and posed for pictures. :lol: 

In the ground 90 minutes before kick off :( but at least Murphy came good and the grandkid had a superb birthday.

Today we were seated in the far leazes corner / under the east stand and I must admit the atmosphere and position was brilliant.

Must admit I was gutted that ASM and Joelinton didn’t start but it’s hard to moan when it works out. Part of me loves that Eddie is loyal to a winning side, but another part of me thinks it’s a bit naive. Do other top managers leave out their “best” players just because the average player has done ok?

Maybe they do and as you know I don’t claim to be any sort of football brain :lol: 

Hard to argue when you get the right result.

I also thought we seemed to give the ball away a lot more than we usually do in the first half.

Metros off so had to get off at Heworth and their disallowed goal cost me £100 on my 5-2 bet :( 

Anyway, great day out and E-I- E-I-E-I-O

:nufc:

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cracking day out all things considered. Only got the one pint as the grandson wanted to go player spotting as they arrived. 

Not only is he a massive Jacob Murphy fan, but it also turns out he’s a massive Adam Pearson fan. Much to the despair of myself and his Dad, Adam gladly supplied his autograph and posed for pictures. :lol: 

In the ground 90 minutes before kick off :( but at least Murphy came good and the grandkid had a superb birthday.

Today we were seated in the far leazes corner / under the east stand and I must admit the atmosphere and position was brilliant.

Must admit I was gutted that ASM and Joelinton didn’t start but it’s hard to moan when it works out. Part of me loves that Eddie is loyal to a winning side, but another part of me thinks it’s a bit naive. Do other top managers leave out their “best” players just because the average player has done ok?

Maybe they do and as you know I don’t claim to be any sort of football brain :lol: 

Hard to argue when you get the right result.

I also thought we seemed to give the ball away a lot more than we usually do in the first half.

Metros off so had to get off at Heworth and their disallowed goal cost me £100 on my 5-2 bet :( 

Anyway, great day out and E-I- E-I-E-I-O

:nufc:

Sounds excellent CT, glad you both enjoyed it. 

I think Eddie sticking with players that have come in and done well is a good thing for team morale. It means that there's no heirarchy, no one thinks they're second best and everyone has the opportunity to cement their place in the team. For all I don't have much faith in Murphy, I'm happy for the lad to get his chance if he's doing well and proving me wrong. He puts the effort in, I just think he either lacks confidence in the final 3rd, sometimes doesn't make the right choices either. He definitely has skill on the ball but I prefer the likes of Fraser as he's direct and isn't afraid of going for it. 

I can only hope that this gives us loads of confidence to turn Man Utd over, couldnt be a better time to play them. 

• Like 4

Seems like Bruno's wife will be giving birth in the next week or two, so God willing they'll have a textbook birth and add to their family. He seems like a top guy Bruno. It of course helps that he's also probably our best player, but really he does seem like he's got his head well screwed on for someone who's still relatively very young. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Seems like Bruno's wife will be giving birth in the next week or two, so God willing they'll have a textbook birth and add to their family. He seems like a top guy Bruno. It of course helps that he's also probably our best player, but really he does seem like he's got his head well screwed on for someone who's still relatively very young. 

Give the kid a 35 year contract.

• Haha 4