Brenda's Brussels Sprout Farts vs. Eddie and Gemmill's Christmas Crackers

Meenzer

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Is ASM hurt? He’s been on the bench every game for ages, I honestly think he’s just not favored at this point. Maybe I’m wrong but it just seems that way as I don’t understand how he could be on the bench so consistently for this long otherwise. 

We’ve won 8 of our last 9 in the league without him in the starting XI. That’s not because he isn’t starting but when the team has been performing so well it’s hard to make a case for him.

• Like 7

Great first half where we were clinical and dangerous throughout, and a competent and professional second half. My lass was watching with me (a rare thing) and she kept asking why Leicester were passing to their keeper so much, that it was boring :lol: meanwhile I'm sitting there waxing lyrical to my dad (Everton fan) about how amazing our press is.

We make other teams play badly, or within themselves. We are quite possibly the best in the league at it via this particular tactic. In fact fuck it, we are the best pressing team in the league.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Is ASM hurt? He’s been on the bench every game for ages, I honestly think he’s just not favored at this point. Maybe I’m wrong but it just seems that way as I don’t understand how he could be on the bench so consistently for this long otherwise. 

Personally I hope we are looking to replace Wilson sooner rather than later, I like him as a player but we can’t depend on the bloke at all, like missing today through illness ffs it’s just always something. 

My dad and my eldest went to the Rayo Vallecano friendly and ASM played the full 90 and was decent apparently. I just don’t think Howe trusts him to be disciplined enough in the way he wants the team to press etc. I think a decent offer will see him leave. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've got the last laugh here like. My card has been declined retrospectively (it's out of date on that account) but for some reason this didn't happen until after I was on the stream, and once you're on it can't boot you off. So got the match for free. Up yours Bezos! 

Sticking it to the man right there, Rents ;) 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We’ve won 8 of our last 9 in the league without him in the starting XI. That’s not because he isn’t starting but when the team has been performing so well it’s hard to make a case for him.

This is it, as much as there's a small level of frustration from wondering what peak Maxi could do in our team, him not being able to start or get decent minutes is testament to how well the existing players continue to do.

The positive is probably that Howe will learn a lot about him through how he tries to win his way back into the team and that will likely dictate what his future looks like here.

It's similar to Matt Targett. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

My dad and my eldest went to the Rayo Vallecano friendly and ASM played the full 90 and was decent apparently. I just don’t think Howe trusts him to be disciplined enough in the way he wants the team to press etc. I think a decent offer will see him leave. 

I think Howe will want to keep him. Financially it will cost less to keep him than to sign a player of similar talent.

Plus we're likely to have a fair few additional games on our calendar next season so will need a deeper squad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

He was decent in that game but, if I’m honest, I think him not playing today was precisely because Leeds are the kind of team he’ll love playing. I agree that he’ll probably be away in the summer but I can see him swinging a few games in our favour against more open sides before he does. Mustn’t forget that he was clearly the MOTM against Man City in August when he had those kinds of spaces to operate in.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OTF said:

I think Howe will want to keep him. Financially it will cost less to keep him than to sign a player of similar talent.

Plus we're likely to have a fair few additional games on our calendar next season so will need a deeper squad.

I hope you’re right because if he can have a similar impact on ASM to some of the less talented ones then we’ve got a fucking top player on our hands. I totally trust the manager either way though which is such a nice position to be in for a change 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I hope you’re right because if he can have a similar impact on ASM to some of the less talented ones then we’ve got a fucking top player on our hands. I totally trust the manager either way though which is such a nice position to be in for a change 

It's a mouth watering prospect.

For once it feels like if a player doesn't develop here it will be entirely down to the player. He'll always play his cards close to his chest so it's difficult to get a read on him but I have full faith in Howe to make the right decision about our players.

• Like 1

Another good game from Longstaff today btw. The ginger Marchisio is quietly having a good season, Howe’s coaching is incredible. 

Also really great of Leicester by allowing that lad Daka to play, I say that as I can only assume he won some type of Xmas competition in order to play a PL game. 

I say it every game now but what a fucking Rolls Royce of a player Sven Botman is. Genuinely haven’t seen us have a CB like him, Woodgate was absolutely brilliant but this bloke is only 22 and fucking built out of steel - incredible that our lot have found him and Bruno for a combined fee under what Harry Maguire cost. This isn’t highlighted in the press. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

That’s as high as I can ever remember ❤️

Can anyone crunch the numbers and figure this out? Surely that’s got to be our highest ever? A lot of Robson’s games seemed to be 3-2 thrillers and I’m sure Keegan come close but I surely can’t be sure