Anthony Gordon Handsome Winger Man

Ayatollah Hermione

26 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

And yes I will say it. The contrast with ASM couldn't be more stark. 

And yes I'm going to say is, @aimaad22 what a small pathetic person you are.

Gordon on the other hand is a prince of players. His game is nowhere near what it was at the beginning of the season but he has run and run and run. There were points in the first half where he didn't chase things he would normally but then in the second half there were moments where he chased and snuffed out potential counter attacks. I'd like see him have an opportunity for a rest but only if he wants/feels he needs it.

I really hope he doesn’t go to the Euros with England. He got very little break last summer and has played a lot of football this season so could definitely do with some time off to spend with his missus’ massive chebs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Wait until they point out that maxi has almost 4x the assists but ignore that it's across over 4x the games :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s just an all round shite argument really. Most of Maxis games were under Bruce who was a terrible, defensive coach.

Maxi was a joy for us to watch in a dark time for the club. He didn’t fit into the Howe press so was released for a more appropriate player. I genuinely wish him the best.  I don’t get the slagging off.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Both of their saves stats are shocking 

Makes you wonder how they managed to keep so many clean sheets 

34 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

It’s just an all round shite argument really. Most of Maxis games were under Bruce who was a terrible, defensive coach.

Maxi was a joy for us to watch in a dark time for the club. He didn’t fit into the Howe press so was released for a more appropriate player. I genuinely wish him the best.  I don’t get the slagging off.

same. i liked him. he was the bright spark amid a few seasons of bruceball dross plus he seemed to love his time in newcastle so it's weird that so many hate on him. 

we could have used him this season but howe didn't fancy him ultimately and that's fine. gordon is clearly an upgrade in term of output and fits the system much better 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Can’t remember who said it but someone mentioned that Howe would’ve kept him and used him as an impact player but for FFP. It would have been interesting to see how that panned out as you’d have to think he’d have seen plenty of time on the pitch this season. 
I never rated him as highly as some but also wish him all the best too 

• Like 3

gordon is putting up elite numbers tbf, which maxi never managed to do. he could quite feasibly end up with 15 goals and 10 assists if he keeps this form up and remains injury free. southgate still won't pick him mind 

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t remember who said it but someone mentioned that Howe would’ve kept him and used him as an impact player but for FFP. It would have been interesting to see how that panned out as you’d have to think he’d have seen plenty of time on the pitch this season. 
I never rated him as highly as some but also wish him all the best too 

He would have spent more time with the injured lot iyam :cuppa:

Disclaimer, I liked him too also wish him all the best.

3 minutes ago, MrBass said:

He would have spent more time with the injured lot iyam :cuppa:

Disclaimer, I liked him too also wish him all the best.

:lol: as I was posting that I did also think that was a distinct possibility 

50 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

gordon is putting up elite numbers tbf, which maxi never managed to do. he could quite feasibly end up with 15 goals and 10 assists if he keeps this form up and remains injury free. southgate still won't pick him mind 

Good. 

Gordon is so impressive. Especially as these number have been posted without being alongside the same striker consistently, without a midfield that provides him the best connections, or a fullback that can support in attack.

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I agree with this - However, I don't think it's slagging him off (for the most part and certainly in my case) - just pointing out he wasn't actually as good for us as some of our fans like to believe. It's the mental nature of this that boils my piss.

See also: HBA and to a lesser extent Laurent Robert (who was painfully inconsistent too).

The slagging of the club and Howe for letting him go in games where things aren't going our way is more mental to me than anyone pointing out very real facts about his time here as a player. As if Maxi wouldn't have been at the front of the queue outside the physio's door this season had he still been here.

I wish the bloke the best, as I would with most players who've played for us.

• Like 3

On 03/03/2024 at 08:49, ewerk said:

I really hope he doesn’t go to the Euros with England. He got very little break last summer and has played a lot of football this season so could definitely do with some time off to spend with his missus’ massive chebs.

I think ASM and AG10 must be close in the WLC* stats. 
Allan%20with%20his%20partner%20%20(1)-16

* Wor Lass’ Chebs. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

* Wor Lass’ Chebs. 

I'm guessing that photo was taken before he went to Saudi - she'll be stoned for that sort of attire (or so a mackem told me at least)

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I agree with this - However, I don't think it's slagging him off (for the most part and certainly in my case) - just pointing out he wasn't actually as good for us as some of our fans like to believe. It's the mental nature of this that boils my piss.

See also: HBA and to a lesser extent Laurent Robert (who was painfully inconsistent too).

The slagging of the club and Howe for letting him go in games where things aren't going our way is more mental to me than anyone pointing out very real facts about his time here as a player. As if Maxi wouldn't have been at the front of the queue outside the physio's door this season had he still been here.

I wish the bloke the best, as I would with most players who've played for us.

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

38 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

That's the stone she's sat on there - going to be pinged at her from a medieval catapult.

No chance. 
If she rips a cheeky postern blast*, the backdraft suction is vacuum sealing that rock to her badonkadonk like a limpet. 

Only way that’s coming off is her puckering the nipsy. 

* copyright James Joyce. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

No chance. 
If she rips a cheeky postern blast*, the backdraft suction is vacuum sealing that rock to her badonkadonk like a limpet. 

Only way that’s coming off is her puckering the nipsy. 

* copyright James Joyce. 

Never read Joyce, but Spike Milligan used the same phrase in his seminal war time memoir “Rommel?/Gunner who?” :) 

IMG_3912.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

* Wor Lass’ Chebs. 

It should be me he's staring at, she's not even looking back at him, too busy staring at the camera. Vapid slut.

Bitch doesn't deserve him. 

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

• Haha 1