Women's World Cup

RobinRobin

First game kicks off in Auckland in a few hours and the whole place went into lock down because some mad cunt took his shotgun out and started shooting people.

Three dead including the gunman. FFS the world atm.

I'm going to three games, two France games and Germany v Colombia, hopefully they are decent.

Not sure the Matlida's PR stunt on equal prize money was the right thing to do because obviously the sponsorship of the WWC isn't at the level of the men's, especially when they protested the Saudi money out of the competition. They probably should worry about doing more on the pitch first.

Bookies have USA as favourites, not so sure about that. Canadian team (33-1) has to be the dark horse seeing they won the last Olympics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Bookies have USA as favourites, not so sure about that. Canadian team (33-1) has to be the dark horse seeing they won the last Olympics.

I hope the USA don't win. Beyond that it would be nice for the Matilda's to do well, and the NZ girls too. I'll be watching the Matilda's matches.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, sammynb said:

First game kicks off in Auckland in a few hours and the whole place went into lock down because some mad cunt took his shotgun out and started shooting people.

Three dead including the gunman. FFS the world atm.

I'm going to three games, two France games and Germany v Colombia, hopefully they are decent.

Not sure the Matlida's PR stunt on equal prize money was the right thing to do because obviously the sponsorship of the WWC isn't at the level of the men's, especially when they protested the Saudi money out of the competition. They probably should worry about doing more on the pitch first.

The shooting thing was horrible, but the bloke sounded completely mad. Seems to have been a completely random event, I doubt he even knew the world cup was on (tbf neither did I lol)

8 hours ago, toonotl said:

The Irish women seemed a very angry side. Probably an indictment on their men's abilities tbh.

8 hours ago, RobElliott said:

FYP

Animation Write That Down GIF by Mashed

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Luke who's got something to say about something else he doesn't understand (Link)

SHARED'Kerr injury was enough to keep things secret'

Canada v Australia (11:00 BST)

Luke Edwards

Daily Telegraph writer on the Football Daily podcast

c6896176-2b1c-4f83-9474-b5081dffb834.jpg

If I'm a centre-back and Sam Kerr is playing on one leg then maybe I'd fancy my chances against her.

I just don't know how fit she will be - I've never heard of a calf injury that takes just a week to heal.

It was serious enough for the Australia camp to keep everything secret, and she missed the start of the open training session [before this game].

imacelebau yvie GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia