Lewis Miley - He’s one of our own (Stanley)

Anorthernsoul

The other academy players rate them extremely highly. Apparently all Lewis does is want to get better and better. I really hope that they have a positive future as it would be great to see local lads do well out of our academy.

It would be good to see the club invest in that avenue just as much as bringing in big signings.

I have a positive attitude towards West Ham and I think it can only be because they produced J Cole, Ferdinand, Lampard and Defoe- it was so exciting to see the young talent come through. I have no other interest for them. 

It would be great if we could have a pool come through like this. I don't think it could happen but I would genuinely love it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

The other academy players rate them extremely highly. Apparently all Lewis does is want to get better and better. I really hope that they have a positive future as it would be great to see local lads do well out of our academy.

It would be good to see the club invest in that avenue just as much as bringing in big signings.

I have a positive attitude towards West Ham and I think it can only be because they produced J Cole, Ferdinand, Lampard and Defoe- it was so exciting to see the young talent come through. I have no other interest for them. 

It would be great if we could have a pool come through like this. I don't think it could happen but I would genuinely love it.

Necessary too with FFP, it would be a genuine positive for the region if we could home grow a lot of talent. Haven't seen these lads play but hope they continue to improve. Their sister Cyrus is lovely too. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Necessary too with FFP, it would be a genuine positive for the region if we could home grow a lot of talent. Haven't seen these lads play but hope they continue to improve. Their sister Cyrus is lovely too. 

Have you heard her speak though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Have you heard her speak though?

Phwoarrrh. You've one and done it now. Imagine her nibbling youe ear lobe and softly growling. 

sneer-dirty.gif.7a901475c76a1b0a3906146653964906.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Anderson, Longstaff and Miley must be 3 of the best academy prospects in more than a decade 

Murphy looked good too yesterday. We shouldn't be reading too much into friendlies of course but at least there's players to be worked with. Shocking how that suddenly happens when you've got proper coaches around. 

Miley looks a class apart. He outshone Joelinton and Tonali yesterday. 

14 hours ago, Renton said:

Yep, if we can be pumping out quality players through our academy it's not only great for our first team, building and strengthening our identity but also through association those that don't cut the mustard in stepping up to the first team still remain highly desirable for lower tiered teams and our balance book will be all the better for it.

Their uncle Guys was a highly regarded TV host for years, sure he'll be pleased with their progress and the strings that are being pulled behind the scenes to bring them into the first team.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s mental he is playing in the PL at this age. His bro is older (19?) and is no where near the first team.  He must be very highly thought of.

Twitter is going completely overboard with him.  Even if he doesn’t make it he must be feeling in top of the world right now.

Love it.

• Like 2

I think it's the composure at such a young age that has people excited. He has a definite effortlessness about him and, for me at least, it's exciting because that calm under pressure is perhaps the closest thing to an identifiable "secret ingredient" that sets top prospects apart from their peers.

• Like 5

Agreed, it’s the main thing that sticks out with him that calmness in possession. Honestly he looks more relaxed in possession than a lot of the other first team players, you often hear about the speed being the thing that’s hard to step up to when you move from youth to pro footy as it feels like you have no

time on the ball - todays assist showed Miley doesn’t feel rushed iyam. 

Agree some are going overboard (as people are prone to do with youth players), I just hope he can keep growing in his role and getting minutes as he really doesn’t look out of place at this level. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

It’s mental he is playing in the PL at this age. His bro is older (19?) and is no where near the first team.  He must be very highly thought of.

Twitter is going completely overboard with him.  Even if he doesn’t make it he must be feeling in top of the world right now.

Love it.

Liverpool were after him (Lewis), I believe. That's normally a measure of how good a player could be IMO. The injuries and Tonali's suspension could be the making of him tbh. Plenty of time to get experience at the highest level.

Shame Ollie Harrison decided to fuck off to get lost in the shuffle at Chelsea too as he'd have been another one potentially getting a brief intro to first team footy given what's happened this season (even though he's a year younger than Miley)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Our lass got a photo with him today in Leeds :lol: Said he was lovely and seemed shocked when someone from Leeds asked for his photo.

Bitch, I knew I should have gone shopping.

:lol:

Your lass has gone full toon army. That's mint though, I bet he was made up.

• Like 3

• Tom changed the title to Lewis Miley - He’s one of our own (Stanley)