Valentino Livramento

wykikitoon

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's like Cafu going backwards and Roberto Carlos going forwards. If he stays injury free he's going to be in the England squad for the next 15 years. 

As long as Southgate leaves

:cuppa:

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's like Cafu going backwards and Roberto Carlos going forwards. If he stays injury free he's going to be in the England squad for the next 15 years

Only after Southgate has gone.

• Haha 1

I guess we’re beginning to see why he was signed ahead of other perceived priorities. I don’t mean that as a dig at anyone questioning why we went for him when some areas needed strengthening more. I just think Ashworth / Howe / whoever has the final say saw his potential and what he can already offer. Plus as fans we understandably focus on the here and now. Whereas Ashworth will be coming at it from a medium to long term perspective too. And we’re still very much on the early stages of building a squad able to genuinely compete for honours / on multiple fronts. Especially after the lack of investment and attention to detail of the previous 14 years or so. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 5

I was more excited about Hall than Tino when news broke they were signing. Wondered why we needed to spend so much of our limited budget on a back up to trippier but I can see why they pulled the trigger on Livramento. He’s not just one for the future. He’s looking more and more like he should be first choice left back 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

I guess we’re beginning to see why he was signed ahead of other perceived priorities. I don’t mean that as a dig at anyone questioning why we went for him when some areas needed strengthening more. I just think Ashworth / Howe / whoever has the final say saw his potential and what he can already offer. Plus as fans we understandably focus on the here and now. Whereas Ashworth will be coming at it from a medium to long term perspective too. And we’re still very much on the early stages of building a squad able to genuinely compete for honours / on multiple fronts. Especially after the lack of investment and attention to detail of the previous 14 years or so. 

He became available. That’s what’s key. It wasn’t a priority area in the summer but this is a long-term project and they knew he was this good so they made the move. What the fuck do we know tbh? 

I think I'm personally a bit old fashioned when I think about fullbacks, and still think of them as "just" defenders whereas in the modern elite game they are also pivotal in attack. Livramento's work up for our goal last night was fucking amazing. 

But then, you have to give Howe huge credit. Livramento would probably be shite with the cabbage still in charge. Howe just gets the best out of our players, and then some. He's by far our most valuable asset. 

• Like 4

It was remarkable how well he did at RB as soon as he came in, incredible that he's now slotted in at LB and made it look just as easy against top sides. 

What a prospect to have, surely a regular over Burn now and gives you the option to rest Trippier when needed. 

• 3 months later...

Second career goal, first goal for Newcastle.

He didn’t really seem all that bothered by it :lol:

• Haha 5

47 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Second career goal, first goal for Newcastle.

He didn’t really seem all that bothered by it :lol:

I must admit, I was disappointed he didn't pinch the corner flag and wave it around like crazy 😂

• Haha 2

He has lots of potential. If he can become more aggressive defensively then he has a very high ceiling.

He can break lines at ease and has pace an power to burn

• Like 5

Aye he's rapid and has greet feet. One of those rare players that seem to just glide past people. 

He's been quite decent defensively too, obviously the pace helps. Aggression and tenacity can come with experience. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye he's rapid and has greet feet. One of those rare players that seem to just glide past people. 

He's been quite decent defensively too, obviously the pace helps. Aggression and tenacity can come with experience. 

Yeah. The defending will get better with age. He was a winger as a youngster apparently.

5 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Yeah. The defending will get better with age. He was a winger as a youngster apparently.

It shows.

He's got the best person to learn from in Trippier, in my opinion.