Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

There’s a lot of absolute fuckin arse being talked on this. Owners had the chance to use the semi automated system before the season kicked off. That’s the answer, but owners and coaches can’t get inside a fuckin computer’s head can they? This is LFC just putting the worlds largest ever mark in the sand in the PGMOLs pit. Fuck all will change (the PGMOL have admitted the fuck up and sanctioned those involved, which is precisely and all they’re allowed to do) but they’re fuckin rinsing this for all it’s worth :cuppa:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-var-worldcup-offside-30191149.amp

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Apparently the officials involved had reffed an exhibition match in Dubai during the week and "only" returned 48 hours before the Spurs v Liverpool match. James Richardson is asking on his podcast whether it's appropriate that officials return to the country that close to a game with "lingering fatigue" etc. :lol:

I'm asking whether it's appropriate for the entire football punditing world to so clearly demonstrate its pro Liverpool bias.

Just listened to it. 

what annoyed me more was that they invented the “middle block” .

FFS. 

8 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Magnificent 

I thought it was shit, it was pompously verbose and written with a clear bias. It was very much like reading a Telegraph article about the Labour Party. The purpose of the article not to discuss the pros and cons but just to perform a neat little hatchet job.

• Like 4

Was talking to a Liverpool fan mate of mine last night and his position was that VAR isn't working and them 'exploring options' will change things for the better. All the other club should follow Liverpool and make a stand. 

I said that right after the game, Klopp had it right; frustrated but said the referees needed help. He was measured and calm and considered and fair. Then Liverpool throw that approach in the bin and set fire to it. I said mistakes are always going to happen because it relies on people and people aren't infallible. I said the PL clubs should work with the referees, pay for the extra tech (the stuff used in the world cup), fund better training, discourage abuse of officials at grass roots to encourage a larger pool of referees.

He said that hasn't worked, so we should get behind Liverpool because they're the only ones trying to change anything. He also genuinely said the following; image.thumb.png.e75852d6caf070ea24fad84d85582eaa.png

Yes, because Martin Luther King's famous and fatal speech about the oppression and racism black people face is just like Liverpool throwing a petty pity party because they had a goal wrongly chalked off for offside in a game they had 2 men sent off and lost.

Sympathy for Liverpool is huge but not limitless - their 'sporting integrity' statement is absurd (football365.com)

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The butthurt comments from Liverpool fans under that piece are all hilarious, but my favourite is the one who quotes the Niemöller "First they came for the Communists..." speech in its entirety. A simply breathtaking lack of self-awareness. :lol:

• Haha 6

43 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

The butthurt comments from Liverpool fans under that piece are all hilarious, but my favourite is the one who quotes the Niemöller "First they came for the Communists..." speech in its entirety. A simply breathtaking lack of self-awareness. :lol:

I didn't even think to read the comments! :lol: That's my morning sorted

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

• Haha 7

They're rebelling and not conforming like all the rest of the clubs? They're basically the character Rick from the young ones.....

03ec08f3cfd103614898a7e47136484b--ade-ed

Liverpool fan: "I feel sorry for you, you zeros! You nobodies! What's going to live on after you die? I'll tell you: nothing! That's what! [struggling to get the three points back] Oh, this is pathetic!!"

Everyone else: " Get a fucking grip, you're not the only ones who gets a shit decision against you."

Liverpool fans: "Anfield will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen club. And all the grown-ups will say, "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say, "Haven't you heard? Liverpool is dead! The People's club is dead! We were robbed by VAR and didn't get our usual preferential treatment."

• Haha 14

As another mate says:

"I will also add that Liverpool have completely tucked themselves up here as well. As soon as the next decision goes for them (and it will) and they don’t issue a strongly worded statement condemning VAR (or if Klopp says he didn’t see it) then they will be shown up for massive hypocrisy. Rod meet back."

• Like 6

:lol: Oh we should all get behind them? I don’t remember much sympathy or support from them when we lost to them on the back of a combination of a bullshit offside against Isak and a baffling amount of added time. 

Without VAR it would have been ruled offside, supposedly VAR caught it but the miscommunication was that the VAR official thought the on field decision was a goal - as The Fish says it’s human error, the supposed fix would be that semi automated system but PGMOL voted against that. If their statement was Liverpool saying something like that should be brought in it would have made more sense but again this isn’t some great injustice. 

They’re doing the typical Liverpool thing and acting like everything went against them, the Jones red card was fucking stone wall this “anyone that played football knows it wasn’t a red” is fucking nonsense, you know you can’t tackle over the ball it was a fucking blatant red. The Jota first yellow was soft but he did clip a player on the break so again not a great injustice, you see plenty given like that and his second was complete stupidity from the player. The amount of apologies teams like us, and Wolves got last season was met with zero worry or interest from Liverpool fans so why the fuck should we give a fuck about this issue? 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Oh we should all get behind them? I don’t remember much sympathy or support from them when we lost to them on the back of a combination of a bullshit offside against Isak and a baffling amount of added time. 

Without VAR it would have been ruled offside, supposedly VAR caught it but the miscommunication was that the VAR official thought the on field decision was a goal - as The Fish says it’s human error, the supposed fix would be that semi automated system but PGMOL voted against that. If their statement was Liverpool saying something like that should be brought in it would have made more sense but again this isn’t some great injustice. 

They’re doing the typical Liverpool thing and acting like everything went against them, the Jones red card was fucking stone wall this “anyone that played football knows it wasn’t a red” is fucking nonsense, you know you can’t tackle over the ball it was a fucking blatant red. The Jota first yellow was soft but he did clip a player on the break so again not a great injustice, you see plenty given like that and his second was complete stupidity from the player. The amount of apologies teams like us, and Wolves got last season was met with zero worry or interest from Liverpool fans so why the fuck should we give a fuck about this issue? 

Yeah the only card with a question mark for me was Jota's first. But that's a subjective thing so I'm afraid thems the breaks kid. And once you're on a yellow (justified or not) you would be utterly stupid to go in for a second challenge like he did, 90 seconds after the first. Forget a PGMOL internal review, Liverpool should be conducting an internal review looking into why they've had 3 red cards stand in the first 7 games.

• Like 1

Just now, The Fish said:

Yeah the only card with a question mark for me was Jota's first. But that's a subjective thing so I'm afraid thems the breaks kid. And once you're on a yellow (justified or not) you would be utterly stupid to go in for a second challenge like he did, 90 seconds after the first. Forget a PGMOL internal review, Liverpool should be conducting an internal review looking into why they've had 3 red cards stand in the first 7 games.

Internal review : All the referees fault. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

They've completed that review and, leaning heavily on their "it's always somebody else's fault" motto, they've concluded that it's because Klopp shouted at that 4th Official.

• Like 2

I don’t like Klopp but he was spot on in his post-match interview, like Fish says. What is oh-so-Liverpool about all this, apart from everything else, is how important they think it is just because they were on the wrong end of one fucking incorrect offside decision. The rest of us don’t give a shit. Not just because it’s relatively trivial but also because you’re odious cunts 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The time they wore T-Shirts in support of Suarez after he fucking bit someone :lol: 

FUCK OFF

I actually think it might’ve been after he racially abused Evra and got a hefty fine / ban 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye that's it!

I mean WTF were they fucking thinking?

"How can we try and make out like we're the victims in all this"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1