Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

Fair play to Liverpool to be honest, great photos and headlines from the BBC about the final yesterday, it really was .....

8h3wto.jpg.6a4013bf799651ee6b38bbf79195a216.jpg

Won with a....

8h3xjc.jpg.9d02183bffee2d1ac47eb6e24ce04e1e.jpg

But they were.....

8h3ytv.jpg.9f3fa09815c96fabbeb8c29c068979ae.jpg

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 11

I like you lot but it's really odd seeing Newcastle fans falling over themselves to defend Chelsea in the league cup. 

I get it with wykiki who is clearly in denial about being madly in love with a Scouser workmate. The rest of you I'm a bit worried about.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

I like you lot but it's really odd seeing Newcastle fans falling over themselves to defend Chelsea in the league cup. 

I get it with wykiki who is clearly in denial about being madly in love with a Scouser workmate. The rest of you I'm a bit worried about.

Wykiki to Bin Dipper from work.
tom cullen love GIF

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

Thats Football in a nutshell. Poetry without the poets.

I get that if you support a successful club or the mackems 😉but for the rest of us, football is nothing but a tragi-comedy, a huge kick in the nuts the afternoon before the date with that hot person who has already told you what's installed.

Especially for us stupid old cunts that support Newcastle. Everytime we get close, as the giant seems to rouse from its slumber, it trips and knocks itself out for another century or those clubs of poetless poetry change the rules to suit themselves, snake charming their serf like colleague (yeah right mid=table obscurity) clubs into thinking they are helping them - like those betwixed by the notion of aspiration they are fooled. The rich and elite want to you to believe you can attain what they have but it's just a fools errand. as they don't want anyone else to join their lot.

Nope, best to know there is no hope, the heroes will always die in the end and never succeed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

I get that if you support a successful club or the mackems 😉but for the rest of us, football is nothing but a tragi-comedy, a huge kick in the nuts the afternoon before the date with that hot person who has already told you what's installed.

Especially for us stupid old cunts that support Newcastle. Everytime we get close, as the giant seems to rouse from its slumber, it trips and knocks itself out for another century or those clubs of poetless poetry change the rules to suit themselves, snake charming their serf like colleague (yeah right mid=table obscurity) clubs into thinking they are helping them - like those betwixed by the notion of aspiration they are fooled. The rich and elite want to you to believe you can attain what they have but it's just a fools errand. as they don't want anyone else to join their lot.

Nope, best to know there is no hope, the heroes will always die in the end and never succeed.

Haven't you read Commando? :smile:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Seriously, who the fuck on here has defended Chelsea? :lol: :lol:

Sammy's post is excellent, this one won't be nowhere near as succinct but I have to tell you, the amount of bullshit coverage us fans of historical old clubs who aren't Liverpool or Man United have to suck up just to please fans of those clubs or advertiser's wanting to please fans of those clubs, many of whom have fuck all connection to the cities of those 'I'm alright jack, fuck you the ladder's getting pulled up, enjoy permanently mediocre sides' clubs of protectionism. 

The sense of entitlement from those clubs and from some of their supporters, particularly, in my experience, the ones from other towns and cities who treat victories and cups not as a reason to celebrate with their friends, workmates and neighbours, (they can't, the majority of those friends, workmates and neighbours will support their local team so will be indifferent at best), but as an excuse to gloat and generally wind up the workmates and citizens of their home towns, (that's when they're not online on social media trying to let a bit of their handpicked trophy winning club's glory glow down on themselves with staggeringly little success., that's right, nobody thinks, 'ah, he supports Liverpool, their a good side so he must be really cool supporting them from another town', but rather, 'what a pathetic cunt this kid is.' Now that last bit isn't aimed at you before you get all edgy as you very rarely post in the football forum). 

For the avoidance of doubt, I detest Chelsea. I can't abide Klopp whilst being happy to admit he's an elite manager who knows he's flogged the horse at Liverpool and doesn't think he can do it anymore. Liverpool and one or two others are actively trying to fuck everyone else over. Do I like it when they lose? Of course I do. See also Man Utd. (Arsenal are just southern knobs with a bizarre fan base, foreign and local).

But Chelsea, man? :lol: Just because this forum wasn't rooting for Liverpool doesn't mean they were actively supporting Chelsea, the truth is I'd want them both to lose. As Sammy says, it's just the way of us clubs feel who are now permanently locked out of the modern, corporate world of 21st century English football, sponsored by satellite channels. Fuck them. :good:

(And I haven't even mentioned the decisions from officials!!!l) :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Seriously, who the fuck on here has defended Chelsea? :lol: :lol:

Sammy's post is excellent, this one won't be nowhere near as succinct but I have to tell you, the amount of bullshit coverage us fans of historical old clubs who aren't Liverpool or Man United have to suck up just to please fans of those clubs or advertiser's wanting to please fans of those clubs, many of whom have fuck all connection to the cities of those 'I'm alright jack, fuck you the ladder's getting pulled up, enjoy permanently mediocre sides' clubs of protectionism. 

The sense of entitlement from those clubs and from some of their supporters, particularly, in my experience, the ones from other towns and cities who treat victories and cups not as a reason to celebrate with their friends, workmates and neighbours, (they can't, the majority of those friends, workmates and neighbours will support their local team so will be indifferent at best), but as an excuse to gloat and generally wind up the workmates and citizens of their home towns, (that's when they're not online on social media trying to let a bit of their handpicked trophy winning club's glory glow down on themselves with staggeringly little success., that's right, nobody thinks, 'ah, he supports Liverpool, their a good side so he must be really cool supporting them from another town', but rather, 'what a pathetic cunt this kid is.' Now that last bit isn't aimed at you before you get all edgy as you very rarely post in the football forum). 

For the avoidance of doubt, I detest Chelsea. I can't abide Klopp whilst being happy to admit he's an elite manager who knows he's flogged the horse at Liverpool and doesn't think he can do it anymore. Liverpool and one or two others are actively trying to fuck everyone else over. Do I like it when they lose? Of course I do. See also Man Utd. (Arsenal are just southern knobs with a bizarre fan base, foreign and local).

But Chelsea, man? :lol: Just because this forum wasn't rooting for Liverpool doesn't mean they were actively supporting Chelsea, the truth is I'd want them both to lose. As Sammy says, it's just the way of us clubs feel who are now permanently locked out of the modern, corporate world of 21st century English football, sponsored by satellite channels. Fuck them. :good:

(And I haven't even mentioned the decisions from officials!!!l) :lol:

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

I don't think a single person has been defending Chelsea, or even truly attacked Liverpool. Pretty much all of the comments are on the absolute tsunami of splooge coming out of the media about the fact that Klopp won the cup with kids compared to Chelsea's billion quid squad.

• Like 2

Yeah, I doubt you'll find any fans of Chelsea on here. Liverpool get an inordinate amount of praise for 'success against the odds' when their modern successes are built on inorganic growth decades ago. Without the money pumped into the club 30-40 years ago, they wouldn't be one of the biggest clubs on the planet now. So when you hear stuff about them doing it without the riches of Man City you have to take a moment to realise that Liverpool bought their house years ago and any investment now is just maintenance. Man City only just bought their house and are pumping in huge sums to get it looking good.

The issue for us (and other clubs) is we've just bought a house and the residents association is not letting us put on an extension, or convert the loft space even though they've all already got all that.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, I doubt you'll find any fans of Chelsea on here. Liverpool get an inordinate amount of praise for 'success against the odds' when their modern successes are built on inorganic growth decades ago. Without the money pumped into the club 30-40 years ago, they wouldn't be one of the biggest clubs on the planet now. So when you hear stuff about them doing it without the riches of Man City you have to take a moment to realise that Liverpool bought their house years ago and any investment now is just maintenance. Man City only just bought their house and are pumping in huge sums to get it looking good.

The issue for us (and other clubs) is we've just bought a house and the residents association is not letting us put on an extension, or convert the loft space even though they've all already got all that.

Star Trek Applause GIF

• Haha 2