Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

These are 3 of the 'big 6' Premier League clubs in action. Chelsea's game was full of action and needed a 90th minute winner to settle it. Manchester United's game had talking points and was also settled in dramatic fashion. Liverpool have just won the League Cup and have a chance for a Quadruple and are playing young promising players (which always gets attention), and the 4th match was a 1-0 victory for Wolves over Brighton with little to no drama. 

I'd save your wrath for less explainable shit. Like just how we can be so unlucky in the draws/

Wrath?

It is a simple observation mate and at most mildly pisses me off.

And I suppose I did expect someone  to defend the bbc’s lack of fair coverage.

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

Wrath?

It is a simple observation mate and at most mildly pisses me off.

And I suppose I did expect someone  to defend the bbc’s lack of fair coverage.

6 stories about 3/4 matches, when the 4th match was boring as fuck. Sounds fair to me like.

And like Paddocklad says, it'll get the most traffic so :dunno: 

What would you have preferred? Even if there were 4 stories, 3 of them would still have been about the 'Big 6' clubs.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

6 stories about 3/4 matches, when the 4th match was boring as fuck. Sounds fair to me like.

And like Paddocklad says, it'll get the most traffic so :dunno: 

What would you have preferred? Even if there were 4 stories, 3 of them would still have been about the 'Big 6' clubs.

I would have preferred a news website, one we pay for BTW, to report all the relevant stories, not double or triple up on the same ones for clicks or erm something.

Not too much to ask is it?

oh aye and 7

Edited by Dougle

On 27/02/2024 at 11:23, Toonpack said:

Stirling Albion (I think)

Guilty as charged.

On 27/02/2024 at 13:09, sammynb said:

Blastronaut is sound and TBF I know he supports his local club, Stirling, so he probably deserves some respite with a PL team.

Unfortunately Liverpool fans here are the fucking worst. Ex-pats or locals that took them for their glory hunting team, just generally smug cunts.

I work with a guy (sorry Ciaomanheyman but it's applicable for the type he is) who was born in Durham, would be in his 40s, and is he a MLF, no! Is he of the black and white army, no! What about Darlo? Nope.

Cunt's supports the red scouse because they are successful, of course you do mate! He works in sales - product placement sales!

Aye the Bino's who unfortunately share the SAFC acronym. Memorable highlights of my lifetime supporting them are beating Ally McCoist's Rangers when they were in the fourth tier and that time we got a baby faced Robert Snodgrass on a 6 month loan.  

I'm just on the wind-up with tenuous links tbh. The Albion used to play at a stadium called Annfield and we're managed by Bill Shankly's brother, Bob. Bob is better known for his record with Dundee (cunts built a fucking statue for him) but was back at Stirling on the board when he passed away.

On 27/02/2024 at 11:22, Gemmill said:

Aye, a REAL Scotsman.

Speaking of "Real Scotsmen", Jocky Scott is another former Stirling manager that's better known for his earlier exploits as Dundee manager (for all the wrong reasons). Cunt managed the riduculous feat of bossing the 2nd tier with Dundee sitting 10 point clear and still managing to get sacked. "The real Leigh Griffiths blog" by Dundee Barry gave us all some insight: 

The training regieme at Dens is nothing short of insane. It begins when we're taken into the city centre and told to do laps round the aisles of Tesco Metro. Shoplifting is encouraged. Rab Douglas treats it like Supermarket Sweep, and runs round filling a trolley before bolting out the door while Tony Bullock distracts the security guard with his sword swallowing routine. We reconvene at Dens and empty our pockets of any stolen goods we managed to get hold of. Our glorious leader, Jocky Scott, surveys the booty. This is how he picks the team for Saturday. The 11 players whose contraband has the highest monetary value start. Paul McHale returned once with a Lion Bar and Tesco Value toilet roll. Jocky took him to one side and berated him mercilessly. 'Em no wiping meh arse wi that, McHale! Jocky needs the two-ply luxury bog roll ya daft c**t! Dinnae even like Lion Bars either!'. Poor Paul is unlikely to get a game for the rest of the season after that episode.

Having warmed up at Tesco, it's down to some work with the ball. Only we don't use balls. Jocky insists we'll become better players if we learn to play with plastic bags filled with human hair. I quietly asked Colin McMenanin where all the hair came from, and he pointed out Gary Harkins sitting by the side of the pitch being shaved by a team of barbers. Harkins is hairier than a gorilla. He gets an all over body shave then goes from being as smooth as a baby's bum to hairier than Teen Wolf in less than 60 seconds. It's really quite remarkable to watch, the man's a freak of nature.

Edited by Blastronaut
  • Haha 3

90+9 minutes, Forest on the attack, game inexplicably stopped for a Liverpool free kick, Liverpool go up the other end and score. Of course. :lol:

I might have doubted it before but now it's clear The Narrative requires Klopp to win the title on his way out. So that'll be a fun few months for everyone else.

OK I see this has been covered in our match thread with the level-headedness I appreciate about this place, good good :D

• Haha 6

Ollie Watkins making his FIFTIETH Premier league start in a row, according to the commentator there. I mean just fuck off.

Ah good Alan Smith on co-co-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Can’t believe no one has mentioned the mighty Motherwell beating Rangers at Ibrox.

That result sank my coupon today. The silver lining is that I'd taken Rangers ht/ft so it was in the bin by before the second half started and I able to enjoy the full time result.

• Like 1

Said this a thousand times but their cant be a luckier team in the history of sport than Liverpool. 

I totally get that there's 1m 56s passed between Liverpool being handed the ball back and the goal, so Forest still had a job to do blah blah. But firstly, as they point out in MOTD cos they know their Back to the Future, if Forest get the ball back, EVERYTHING that follows it changes.

But secondly, what is going on psychologically with the ref there where he feels that "well I better give the ball back to Liverpool". There's a deep seated need to favour this lot. I feel like a magedia conspiracy theorist here but it's not normal the amount of help they get.

• Like 3