Respectful Pep's Arteta Squashers vs Eddie "Fanny Magnet" Howe's Rapid Challengers

Gemmill

3 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Agree with much of what you lot are saying. We were disappointing going forward but it's progress to keep it interesting till the end. I'll take it. I think the hype about finally getting a result against them was from people who haven't watched a lot of this City side. Even without their best player or two they can maintain a level quality above anything else in Europe. 

These players would be the best players in most other premier league teams, plus they're eager to sieze their chance in the first team.

I'm not going to say I don't want us to get there one day, but the most rewarding point as a supporter will be somewhere between where we are and where they are. That's where I hope we get.

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Taking my huffy hat off, it's a sign of how far we've come when we play the CL winners and don't really turn up, and still manage to keep it to 1-0.

Just said exactly the same thing. 

Defended well on the whole, kept the bionic man quiet, had a couple of chances even though their press did for our midfield and our forward 3 didn't do much at all. Still only lost 1-0 to a truly exceptional finish. 

Just watched Liverpool's highlights on MOTD, fancy us against them, not least because Howe won't accept two listless performances from our lads.

22 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Dont understand the hate for Grealish. Loves football and loves big titties. Plays like he's turning out on a Sunday morning. He gets a pass from me. 

Did you not just watch him petulantly rolling around moaning and constantly whinging and whining at the linesman and referee for not getting free kicks? I hate it when one of our players does anything similar. Big titties are good though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Just said exactly the same thing. 

Defended well on the whole, kept the bionic man quiet, had a couple of chances even though their press did for our midfield and our forward 3 didn't do much at all. Still only lost 1-0 to a truly exceptional finish. 

Just watched Liverpool's highlights on MOTD, fancy us against them, not least because Howe won't accept two listless performances from our lads.

I agree but  might change my mind if Diego comes up with a better summary.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Haha 6

Postecoglu has the look of a man who take a bit of small talk at the bar as an invitation to come sit with you and your mates for the evening.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I agree but  might change my mind if Diego comes up with a better summary.

Maybe he'll write a book about me some day

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Rebecca Loos wanked off a pig on national TV. Just something to think about on a Saturday evening.

A shocking way to talk about a National Treasure like Beckham.

Oh hang on that wasn’t on TV

For me, one of the biggest questions this match raised is- who is going to start the next match thread, now that Gemmill has blown his winning streak? 

I think whoever correctly predicts The Judge’s* minutes on the pitch for Al Ahli’s next game should do it. 

* ASM, because of how long he spends on the bench. :naughty:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

For me, one of the biggest questions this match raised is- who is going to start the next match thread, now that Gemmill has blown his winning streak? 

I think whoever correctly predicts The Judge’s* minutes on the pitch for Al Ahli’s next game should do it. 

No Way GIF

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, OTF said:

Did you not just watch him petulantly rolling around moaning and constantly whinging and whining at the linesman and referee for not getting free kicks? I hate it when one of our players does anything similar. Big titties are good though.

Just about any titties are good, tbh.

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

IMG_2511.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Aye, exactly. Liverpool next is a much more relevant test 

Edit: think Brighton away might be an even bigger test too.

Aye. Losing to Pep is never too bad. Really would love to see Klopp's fat face after getting stuffed at SJP. Losing that game will hurt. 

• Like 1

Weird game tonight mind. Players who are solid gold just simply not looking right.

Joelinton was way off the mark, distribution was so sloppy, looked half asleep.

Isak also really strange, even his body posture looked unnatural.

Gordon compared to last week actually did look like a headless chicken.

Bruno? Has he been affected by his mate’s gambling accusations?

Even when Longstaff came on he looked fucking knackered, sweat all over his face after 5 mins.

Was there some sort of mad weather anomaly down there tonight that only affected our players?

I suppose a one nil defeat to the best side on the planet at their ground is hardly the end of the world.

And at least we kept Gilbert off the score sheet.

Edited by Dougle

Just now, Dougle said:

Weird game tonight mind. Players who are solid gold just simply not looking right.

Joelinton was way off the mark, distribution was so sloppy, looked half asleep.

Isak also really strange, even his body posture looked unnatural.

Gordon compared to last week actually did look like a headless chicken.

Bruno? Has he been affected by his mate’s gambling accusations?

Even when Longstaff came on he looked fucking knackered, sweat all over his face after 5 mins.

Was there some sort of mad weather anomaly down there tonight that only affected our players?

I suppose a one nil defeat to the best side on the planet at their ground is hardly they end of the world.

And at least we kept Gilbert off the score sheet.

It was our midfield three that were not at their best, but I really think there was something up with Joelinton, like he's coming into being sick or something because he lacked energy and the combative play he is synonymous with was completely absent. Bruno continues to be off his best, Tonali was reasonable I thought given as a unit how poor they were. Gordon then was left with too much to do when he had the ball, last week he combined sublimely with Joelinton, here he had noone working with him. Isak didn't have enough service of course, and he did make a few reasonable moves where he beat at least one defender, however after he made a couple of runs where he was up against multiple defenders who either disposessed him directly or shepherded him into losing the ball he lost his confidence. As a whole though I don't think we should be too critical of any players individually because it was as a team that we failed to execute at our normal level. 

• Like 2