Respectful Pep's Arteta Squashers vs Eddie "Fanny Magnet" Howe's Rapid Challengers

Gemmill

There isn't much difference in the wingers. Id personally ease Barnes in over Gordon eventually.  I just think he'll be more productive goals-wise but they can all rotate well enough. I'd like to see Anderson play more as well. He can transition very well. He doesn't seem to have much luck in the PL but I feel that will come soon.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, toonotl said:

good to get the hardest fixture of the season out of the way

Fully agree. We can get a result anywhere else but this is a tough ask Literally the best team on the planet. Probably including national trams.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cheer up man, you’ve got a piss wet North East to look forward to in November 

You have no idea how much I'm actually looking forward to that trip.  Many of my best memories are of winters spent in Stocksfield in front of a coal fire watching Billy Connolly stand up.  :D

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Hairy too.

Half Indian, half Polish/German/Scottish/Irish genes. "Hairy" is an understatement.  

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

We’ve been running a funny pictures thread for you for 18 fucking years and you’re still depressed? Ffs.

Aye, I'm an ungrateful cunt too. :D

At least I'm self aware. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

I was a radio wanker most the match like Gemmill but this seems like an over reaction considering everything.

We'll come back and comment when you've watched it :lol: 

This lot played 3 days ago in 30c heat. Not saying we should have hammered them. But stringing 3 passes together would have been a start 

10 minutes ago, Zathras said:

You have no idea how much I'm actually looking forward to that trip.  Many of my best memories are of winters spent in Stocksfield in front of a coal fire watching Billy Connolly stand up.  :D

Half Indian, half Polish/German/Scottish/Irish genes. "Hairy" is an understatement.  

Aye, I'm an ungrateful cunt too. :D

At least I'm self aware. 

Yes but you are starring in a new film - albeit in animated form. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Foden comes across as a good lad.

Not a difficult task when you're in the same team as Grealish.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OTF said:

Not a difficult task when you're in the same team as Grealish.

Dont understand the hate for Grealish. Loves football and loves big titties. Plays like he's turning out on a Sunday morning. He gets a pass from me. 

• Like 3

Pep and the City players took this match seriously. That's why he's the best manager in the world and why they're the best team.

• Like 2

We were knackered keeping them at bay but what was a bit disappointing was when they tired a bit and we had possession towards the back end of that game we made the wrong pass, didn't pass at all or overhit it. Long term we need to replace Burn as he couldn't overlap Barnes near the end and we need to look at upgrading almiron as he hasn't got a right foot or a particularly great football brain. Thought our South American players weren't particularly at it and Bruno's fluffed chance summed up his game. Schar and Botman were excellent. 

• Like 6

If you want to win against Citeh you can't have any weak links in your team, and you need to take every half decent chance you get, or at least hit the target from every half decent bit space you get. Burn and Almiron are our weak points. We have Hall to take over from Burn eventually, but the next big purchase needs to be a top class replacement for Almiron. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Am not going balls deep here but isn’t toontl a maple syrup merchant? Represented by a leaf?  Likes HAWKEEY?? 😀

Aussie as they come. I know a thing or two about Canadians though. Did you know they prefer doggy style? That way they can both watch the hockey.

• Haha 2

Agree with much of what you lot are saying. We were disappointing going forward but it's progress to keep it interesting till the end. I'll take it. I think the hype about finally getting a result against them was from people who haven't watched a lot of this City side. Even without their best player or two they can maintain a level quality above anything else in Europe. 

All our mids looked way off it. Bruno really needs to sort himself out in the final third, he's been so poor there for months now. Seems lost anywhere near the box. Miggy standing out like a sore thumb again, just doesn't have enough end product or a right foot. 

Is Gordon any good on the right? Putting him there Barnes on the left might be something we try soon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toonotl said:

Aussie as they come. I know a thing or two about Canadians though. Did you know they prefer doggy style? That way they can both watch the hockey.

There used to be a Canuck come on here I thought it was you :lol: 

Am not sure if that deserves an apology or not . I’ll sleep on it :) 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Taking my huffy hat off, it's a sign of how far we've come when we play the CL winners and don't really turn up, and still manage to keep it to 1-0.

Aye, exactly. Liverpool next is a much more relevant test 

Edit: think Brighton away might be an even bigger test too.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2