Eddie’s One Man Dugout Wonderboys vs. Fag Ash Lil’s Wall Pushing Disappointments.

Monkeys Fist

Yeah it's concerning that 2 defeats on the bounce hurts momentum. 

I'd agree that this is clearly the most frustrating result we've had since Eddie came in. The manner in which we threw it away against a lacklustre 10 men absolutely stinks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Of all the teams to blow it against too 😬

Yeah that's the worst part. Can't stand that arsehole Turkey teeth. Hope they go on to have a disastrous season but they'll take confidence from this. 

Angry Fed Up GIF

Bruno is also getting to be a liability when he keeps the ball too long by the way as good as he can be and Barnes wants shot with shit for not putting Wilson in. Longstaff coming on was depressing as he seems the type of player who needs a run of games and just looks totally off it when coming on as a sub.

• Like 1

Eventually, we are going to go past Liverpool - nothing Klopp and his oversized gnashers can do about it. This really did remind me of the Newcastle of old, and it sucks but weirdly enough I think Andros Townsend made a decent point in the post-match. He noted that last season we would have shithoused the end of this game specifically to avoid this outcome, whereas this season we seemed to back ourselves to get a second.

So maybe this is partially the consequence of trying to realise ourselves as a stronger team in the end. It hurts tbf but this game matters a great fucking deal to Liverpool because us succeeding means them becoming upper midtable nothings.

We'll get there. Lots to learn from, but for my two cents this looked like a game where a shock result was achieved by an underdog, not a routine and expected victory for the better club.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Howay said:

Have to disagree, Almiron has been like this for almost the entirety of 2023 now. He misses chance after chance to put teams to bed, he really needs replaced in the starting 11. Others also deserve blame but by now Almiron is very deserving of criticism imo. 

I honestly think his performance today wasn’t as bad as most people are saying. But he is the easiest target. Of course, he does miss too many sitters, but his overall play was quite decent and he was also unlucky not to score with other chances. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t have started with someone else on the right wing or that Almiron shouldn’t have gone off instead of Gordon .

Other players were equally hit and miss today though or even worse. Isak probably had his worst game playing for us. Schär couldn’t deliver long balls tk our players. Joelinton was lucky not to get booked and his finishing was poor too. Bruno was struggling in midfield, Tonali lost some easy balls too. 

I think the whole team just was lacking confidence today and it doesn’t just come down to single players or the management. It will be diwn to how we react to this though when we play BHA and against those “easier” team. Maybe the team got a bit brainwashed by how we hammered Aston Villa.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 1

On my way back home.Most.gutted I have felt for a long time. Just knew our failure to convert our chances would hurt us. And there we go, two identikit Nunez goals and we lose. I thought we were poor all match tbh, can barely remember Bruno do anything good all match. Pope looked like he had PTSD. Nearly everyone else below par, except Gordon, who was subbed. Shite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

On my way back home.Most.gutted I have felt for a long time. Just knew our failure to convert our chances would hurt us. And there we go, two identikit Nunez goals and we lose. I thought we were poor all match tbh, can barely remember Bruno do anything good all match. Pope looked like he had PTSD. Nearly everyone else below par, except Gordon, who was subbed. Shite.

I think Bruno did well without being spectacular, until that gaffe at the end. Which is becoming a regular story. 

Big test for Howe now, to get the lads dusted off after this and get them going for Brighton who'll also be looking to bounce back. 

I hope Botman is okay, or we are truly screwed. 

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Eventually, we are going to go past Liverpool - nothing Klopp and his oversized gnashers can do about it. This really did remind me of the Newcastle of old, and it sucks but weirdly enough I think Andros Townsend made a decent point in the post-match. He noted that last season we would have shithoused the end of this game specifically to avoid this outcome, whereas this season we seemed to back ourselves to get a second.

So maybe this is partially the consequence of trying to realise ourselves as a stronger team in the end. It hurts tbf but this game matters a great fucking deal to Liverpool because us succeeding means them becoming upper midtable nothings.

We'll get there. Lots to learn from, but for my two cents this looked like a game where a shock result was achieved by an underdog, not a routine and expected victory for the better club.

We shouldn't have needed to shithouse though. We had an hour with a goal and Man advantage l, and still lost. Something was well off today. We needed to be ruthless but just couldn't do it. And now it's Klopp 11 Howe 0. 

11 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I honestly think his performance today wasn’t as bad as most people are saying. But he is the easiest target. Of course, he does miss too many sitters, but his overall play was quite decent and he was also unlucky not to score with other chances. That doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t have started with someone else on the right wing or that Almiron shouldn’t have gone off instead of barnes.

Other players were equally hit and miss today though or even worse. Isak probably had his worst game playing for us. Schär couldn’t deliver long balls tk our players. Joelinton was lucky not to get booked and his finishing was poor too. Bruno was struggling in midfield, Tonali lost some easy balls too. 

I think the whole team just was lacking confidence today and it doesn’t just come down to single players or the management. It will be diwn to how we react to this though when we play BHA and against those “easier” team. Maybe the team got a bit brainwashed by how we hammered Aston Villa.

I do agree many were poor today, Bruno for example dropped a number of clangers one which ultimately led to the winner. 

I agree it isn’t about single players, but Almiron is letting us down a ton and as I mention it’s been this way for most of 2023. I disagree he was decent even outside of his poor shooting, there were numerous times he was in good positions with the ball and completely fucked the pass up, his over hit pass to Longstaff who had broke down the right and the time he was clear in behind the Liverpool line in the first half and ultimately didn’t even manage to create a half chance. As I say he’s not the only reason for the result today but the way he consistently ruins our attacking moves is really becoming an issue, it made our CL push tighter than it needed to be last season at the end, and it’s been partly to blame for these last two (thankfully we clobbered Villa as he was rubbish in that one as well). The difference with all the other players mentioned is they’re capable of more, whereas Almiron is always this way unless he scores, he had been for years before that 4 month purple patch and has resorted to type since. His work rate is brilliant and he has aspects to his game that would have me keep him in the squad but he needs to lose this undroppable position Howe has him in now. 

Agree that the response is important. Hopefully Howe learns from those horrendous sub choices, and I do think now these two are out the way we can start to play our way rather than seeming nervous. 

Edited by Howay

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I mean tbf Klopp has every right and will be loving it. 

Was Tindall complaining about something? Klopp was going mad at the dismissal which I think is when Tindall did that. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

We shouldn't have needed to shithouse though. We had an hour with a goal and Man advantage l, and still lost. Something was well off today. We needed to be ruthless but just couldn't do it. And now it's Klopp 11 Howe 0. 

Right, but apparently we've not quite worked out how to unlock elite level teams who are playing us as if we're an equal. 

• Like 2

On the plus side, our first 11 defence and midfield is better than theirs after three transfer windows worth of progress. Their front line has got ours chinned though and that's what cost us the game today.

A couple more transfer windows and these will be in the rear view mirror.

8 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Big test for Howe now, to get the lads dusted off after this and get them going for Brighton who'll also be looking to bounce back.

Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

• Haha 2

This hurt like. Fucking hurt.

We can’t even blame VAR shite either (well maybe a bit).

“Know your place Newcastle” is how this felt.

Our naivety was fully exposed by a cunt of a team with a cunt of a manager.

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I mean tbf Klopp has every right and will be loving it. 

Haha to a degree. It’s kind of a shit look to do it when you’ve been whinging and acting like a fucking baby all game mind. If he’d been calm and measured then hit Tindall with that I’d agree.