Eddie’s One Man Dugout Wonderboys vs. Fag Ash Lil’s Wall Pushing Disappointments.

Monkeys Fist

Just now, Howay said:

I just don’t get what Almiron has on Howe :lol: the bloke was absolutely fucking lifting today, and was in the prior two games, yet Howe subbed off the winger that was absolutely fucking torturing them all game. Same can be said for taking Tonali off as well over anyone else. 

Aye he's hit the woodwork twice but he's a liability the rest of the game. 

Not the right time to be posting I think :lol: but he needs booting asap

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Klopp got his record anyway. 11 wins over Howe. No other manager has lost that many times to a single opposite number. Oof.

Schitts Creek Seriously GIF by CBC

• Haha 1

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Aye he's hit the woodwork twice but he's a liability the rest of the game. 

Not the right time to be posting I think :lol: but he needs booting asap

His hitting the woodwork is his fucking inaccuracy. He’s back to what he was before his purple patch, nothing but a worker that harries the opposition. It’s really fucking time we figured out how to drop him from the line up as it’s ruining our attack every week now. 

Positive thing is these two fucking games are out the way, hopefully we can start to perform now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

I just don’t get what Almiron has on Howe :lol: the bloke was absolutely fucking lifting today, and was in the prior two games, yet Howe subbed off the winger that was absolutely fucking torturing them all game. Same can be said for taking Tonali off as well over anyone else. 

100% this

How they were shouting for a pen for that bad that hit his fucking back too.  Talk about scraping the barrell.

We fucking need to learn to kill teams off.  Hopefully thats a serious smashing down to earth for some of them.

If we don't get a CB (which I don't think we will) and Botman is fucked we're fucked.

• Like 2

Was going to say, as others have, Almiron just isn’t anywhere near the quality needed for a starter for where the club is now, never mind where it wants to be 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

These matches aren't good for your health...

Starting to calm down now, need a new Firestick remote :( 

The only positives I am taking from this is that Eddie is a progressive coach and will learn lessons from this. To be fair, in his coaching history he hasn't been in too many situations where we have been leading top 4 teams with the quality we have so Im taking it that its good learning for the Champions League, especially the Man City loss.

This loss was just against a spawny shower of shite that probably will be our bogey team for a few years until we surpass them then the future humpings we give them will be so much sweeter and never hear of Collymore or 4-3 again!

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Klopp got his record anyway. 11 wins over Howe. No other manager has lost that many times to a single opposite number. Oof.

With Klopp even having to dk anything about it. I think Howe outsmarted himself today. I think far too many people are unfairly targeting single players. If Almiron had scored from one of his shots that hit the woodwork he would have been the hero. It was just that we were far too sloppy in other areas today and players were too far off their opponents resulting in giving them too much time on the ball and challenging them too late giving the too many free kicks and corners. We built their confidence up ourselves. There will certainly be some changes for the next game though.

4 minutes ago, Dougle said:

No offence to Edward Howe but for fuck’s fucking sake.

Shake yer heed Eddie.

The subs. WTF?????????

That second half was steve bruce level shiteness.

fucking seething.

we were playing 10 men at home. we were worse than what we were in the 1st half away at man city.

it was a fucking disgrace.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

We fucking need to learn to kill teams off.  Hopefully thats a serious smashing down to earth for some of them.

The best we can hope is that this is a learning experience and ammunition to make amends. 

This is the most bitter loss since Howe has come in, and really for a long long time prior. We've thrown away so much with this, even after the initial anger subsides the disappointment about the repercussions of this result will be lasting.

• Like 3

We should have saw that out. And we certainly should have not been beaten. A massive lesson to us. We look a lot more open this season (or did we just get a bit of luck last season at vital moments?

you could see it coming. If we lose to Brighton then that’s going to hurt any momentum . 

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

With Klopp even having to dk anything about it. I think Howe outsmarted himself today. I think far too many people are unfairly targeting single players. If Almiron had scored from one of his shots that hit the woodwork he would have been the hero. It was just that we were far too sloppy in other areas today and players were too far off their opponents resulting in giving them too much time on the ball and challenging them too late giving the too many free kicks and corners. We built their confidence up ourselves. There will certainly be some changes for the next game though.

Have to disagree, Almiron has been like this for almost the entirety of 2023 now. He misses chance after chance to put teams to bed, he really needs replaced in the starting 11. Others also deserve blame but by now Almiron is very deserving of criticism imo. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

This loss was just against a spawny shower of shite that probably will be our bogey team for a few years until we surpass them then the future humpings we give them will be so much sweeter and never hear of Collymore or 4-3 again!

It all comes down to that fucking flukey touch from Botman where it hit his back and flicked off his leg perfectly into the path of Nunez. They got incredibly lucky there, but had been building pressure prior.

• Like 1

The more we slowed the game down instead of putting them to the sword, the more we made bad decisions it almost felt inevitable especially when Nunez came on, I sometimes call Neville but he was spot on, if we had Liverpool's front players we'd have went on to win two or three. The fucking icing on the cake is Botman getting injured as well. Said it for ages we need an Almiron upgrade as much as he grafts so it's not a knee jerk after today. That's been a hefty, hefty kick in the balls but very much a self inflicted one. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 4

Best opportunity we’ve had to beat them in a long time and totally blew it. City result was fair enough but to lose to ten men at home from a winning position is minging.  

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I know we're all seething right now but it's not about one game with Miggy. It's been a theme. He scored some great goals last season but even between those he was frustrating as hell. No right foot, no balls in, zero end product and predictable as anything. 

• Like 4