Eddie’s One Man Dugout Wonderboys vs. Fag Ash Lil’s Wall Pushing Disappointments.

Monkeys Fist

I love the bloke but this result was largely down to Howe’s terrible subs today. Gordon and Tonali were the stand out players and he took both off while other players were far weaker performers. Really fucking frustrating against this lot too. 

• Like 5

I didn't like our game (I would have commented the same even if we had won 1-0).

We have played with one more player for 70 minutes and it has not seemed like it.

We have not had control of the game. I have seen very imprecise defenders.

I don't doubt Bruno, and I hope it's just a physical issue, but I haven't liked him in any of his 3 games this season.

Very good Joelinton and Tonali. Sensational Gordon, that every day is more important.

Today has not been a good match for Isak

And it is difficult to assess Miggy, he has given everything, as always, he has been able to score a goal (Allison's save) and he has been able to score the goal of the season that he hit on the post, but he has had 2-3 clear occasions that he has not managed to score and in sections it seemed disconnected.

I think if you have one more player, you should have made the changes earlier. Against two such physical defenders, Wilson could have fared better than Isak.

We have been able to win. In fact, we should have won. We've had enough chances, we've had Miggy's and, above all, Barnes's, who didn't pass Wilson.

I think once they got Nuñez out, we should have gotten Miggy out and got Lascelles out to build muscle there. Nothing happens to make a defensive change. The rival has only 10 players... I don't know. We would have made it very difficult for them, we would have been more covered.

Anyway. Bad luck. This is the type of matches we have to manage. 

I hope that Botman's injury is not serious, but hopefully it will help the board make one last effort for one more central defender.