Eddie’s One Man Dugout Wonderboys vs. Fag Ash Lil’s Wall Pushing Disappointments.

Monkeys Fist

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

On the plus side, our first 11 defence and midfield is better than theirs after three transfer windows worth of progress. Their front line has got ours chinned though and that's what cost us the game today.

A couple more transfer windows and these will be in the rear view mirror.

Aye, that's about it I suppose. 

No secret I like Liverpool as a city but fuck me it was painful today with their fans. Fucking quiet as owt until they scored in the last 10 minutes. I genuinely believe that in the last season and a half we've been the better side but they're just clinical inbtheir finishing whereas we are unbelievably wasteful.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Isak again whilst he got them their red didnt have anything again. 

That’s why I do hate to blame single players for a result if not for costly mistakes. Isak was probably our worst player but our result wasn’t down to the poor game from a single player but a poor team performance. And I still do think that Almiron (with all his obvious faults) does get unfairly blamed when things aren’t going our way collectively.

I do understand frustration but there should always be some reasonable perspective.

Onwards and upwards tbh

• Like 2

FFS. Fucking liverpool. Nunez as well, he can’t hit a barn door except against us.

Howe is too predictable, everyone knows what the starting lineup is going to be, and knows gordon will come off for barnes and isak will come off for wilson, no matter what the state of the game. Still the best manager since Robson, but don’t feel like giving him the benefit of the doubt atm!

Need a solution for that right hand side when almiron is off form, not sure if it’s murphy but it needs to be something.

• Like 1

Howe isn't as good as Pep and Klopp tactically, but who is. And it might be harsh given he was unfortunate not to score, but Almiron's limitations are always going to be a weakness in our side. Too many attacks break down because of his poor decision making and limitations on the ball. As people have said we need another two or three quality players in attack. More specifically we need a creative player who can get on the ball when the opposition has parked the bus, and who can play accurate and intricate balls through the lines. I honestly think we would have won the game the if they hadn't had a man sent off. Playing against ten seemed to unsettle our game plan, and Howe couldn't adjust, although we can't put all the blame on Howe given the players profligacy in front of goal. 

The only upside is we have these two games out the way, both teams seem to have our numbers and even though we’ve got closer to beating both in recent games we can’t seem to manage it. 

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye Howe will be reflective enough to know that he made mistakes today, and he'll not make them again. Which you can't say for a lot of managers.

Taking gordon off baffled me. Should've had someone else on earlier to help him bully Trent AA into more mistakes and fouls. A lot of that second half felt like everyone had forgot he was booked early and walking a tightrope. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Taking gordon off baffled me. Should've had someone else on earlier to help him bully Trent AA into more mistakes and fouls. A lot of that second half felt like everyone had forgot he was booked early and walking a tightrope. 

Moving Gordon to the right and taking Almiron off seemed the obvious move to me. And if fresh legs were needed in middle then Bruno should have come off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

I think they want to keep him fresh after he had the shortest summer break. Barnes played well recently so it probably wasn’t to be expected that things wouldn’t work out. We should brought on Hindsight imo. Would have been a wonderful thing…

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

From some of the comments I have read Gordon and Tonali were both gassed out of their arses which would make sense. 

Even if they were both tired subbing both off at the same time was brutal 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye Howe will be reflective enough to know that he made mistakes today, and he'll not make them again. Which you can't say for a lot of managers.

Look, this isn't a criticism of Howe as such, but he's now been out Klopped 11 consecutive times. So he's a slow learner in this instance. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Look, this isn't a criticism of Howe as such, but he's now been out Klopped 11 consecutive times. So he's a slow learner in this instance. 

Don’t think that’s fair, Klopp has had the best/2nd best team in the world at his disposal throughout those 11. Where Eddie has had Bournemouth and us

• Like 3