Eddie and Mad Dog's Apathetic Parisian Party Poopers v Turn It Up, Bring The Moyes (Yo, I Don't Understand Why West Ham's Playin' [With Bubbles])

sammynb

Fucking Pope's punching puts the fear in me...on a footy pitch...in a straightener he'd probably crack the lamp post I was standing next to..very, very gently.

• Like 1

As much as I want us always to win, I don't think we've necessarily been the better side. They've been dangerous on the break and have taken their chances well. We've passed it about a lot without much end product. A draw is probably the right result. 

Just now, Chaser said:

As much as I want us always to win, I don't think we've necessarily been the better side. They've been dangerous on the break and have taken their chances well. We've passed it about a lot without much end product. A draw is probably the right result. 

Aye I'd say so. Good result for us too. Annoying having been ahead but we'd all have taken this.

• Like 1

Disappointed to concede the late goal but a decent point overall. Didn't create much but we controlled most of the game. Isak really should have scored that 1on1 and gotten his hattrick 

On 06/10/2023 at 11:14, wykikitoon said:

My only concern is, how much has the PSG game taken out of the guys emotionally?  Would be happy with a draw here.

Well, I stand by that.

Happy as a few players not on it and we got lucky as Bruno should have been off IMO.

Anderson was poor IMO, but Miggy broke down our own attack better than the West Ham defenders.

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So Bowen throws himself at Murphy and gets the FK

Bankes is just a very poor referee. No consistency at all and both sides can feel unlucky with a lot of his decisions.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Well, I stand by that.

Happy as a few players not on it and we got lucky as Bruno should have been off IMO.

Anderson was poor IMO, but Miggy broke down our own attack better than the West Ham defenders.

Bruno and longy both looked off it. 

Miggy and Anderson just keep cutting back and slowing down attacks. We need Gordon and hopefully Barnes back soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

We dropped off again and blew a lead again. Don’t fucking learn whatever you do.

It wasn't us dropping off, it was West Ham realising that you can't park the bus when you're 2-1 down.

• Like 1

Disappointing to concede late on after Isak should have put us 3-1 up but it continues the unbeaten run. I only saw the second half and we looked the better side. Controlled the game. West ham looked dangerous when they put that young kid from Ajax on later on

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

We dropped off again and blew a lead again. Don’t fucking learn whatever you do.

You can expect a team coming under pressure away from home though. West Ham are a decent side as well.

We did well to get back into the game anf if Isak had scored his third we would have been out of sight. Unfortunately it was down to Anderson’s moment of madness to rush forward and leave our left side totally exposed.

Throwing away a lead isn’t something we should ever accept. Competition for Champions League places will be stiffer this year with Spurs and Liverpool looking more dangerous.

I don’t want us to be all ooh look at us! In the champions leeeague :wub: I want us to be expecting to be there every year and throwing away two leads in the first 7 or 8 games of the season isn’t how you do that.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm happy overall with the point. Don't forget we came back from a goal down and a very average first half performance too. 

International break and some key players coming back. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Disappointing to concede late on after Isak should have put us 3-1 up but it continues the unbeaten run. I only saw the second half and we looked the better side. Controlled the game. West ham looked dangerous when they put that young kid from Ajax on later on

We were poor first half. They started better, Bruno should have got a second yellow, and then they parked the bus after scoring.