Eddies Injury Ravaged European Trailblazers v Gary O’Neils Black Country Wimpy Wolves

Holden McGroin

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

I thought Burn did well today personally. 

I mean, there's a reason Howe is manager of a side exceeding all expectations and we're sat here pontificating putting Hall on would win us the game. We don't have the critical ability or inside knowledge Howe has. 

Not saying we can't discuss it though obviously or what's the point. But criticism directly of Howe is a bit much imo @Dr Gloom79422991_giphy(4).thumb.gif.8e4f4535a7795cfe312554f740974256.gif). 

Aye no one is saying we should be managers instead of Howe :lol:  If we've gotten Hall is a long term LB then its games like the one today he could have gotten a few minutes in. Burn does very well in patches and he's a behemoth in the air of course. But he also gets caught out with players running in behind him very often, Schar had to come in with last ditch tackles on half a dozen occasions today. He's also can't attack nearly as well as a modern full back.

I know Burn and Miggy will start many games this season they've done very well and they deserve to. But anyone who watches us play regularly knows those are the places we need to upgrade if we're going to hold down a CL spot or look to win trophies. 

31 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think he’ll put a reserve team out v Man Utd (not that we have many reserves)

Yeah the options are so limited right now or I suspect he might have rotated like he did against City. Tino and Hall might start I suspect. Perhaps Targett too. 

What will be really interesting is who starts up top. Will he risk Wilson? And Gordon looked tired today, might be asking a bit much of him to play up top alone in a game we likely wont have much possession in.

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Hows our number 10 playing a backpass 90% of the time ffs, hook him for Willock, lets get the Joe and WIllock on the LW magic again

I'll be honest. 

You're a boring WUM fuck. Fuck off to RTG. You've been an utter no show most of the season because your so called HC has been our best player. 

Meanwhile your fucking wet dream bandaged cunt is struggling in a fucking camal shagging league. So do us a favour and fuck off. 

• Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1

Went to watch Harrogate v Crewe today with a client and it was fucking dog shit. After went to a bar to watch this. Well, I was too busy chatting. Some Harrogate fans were cheering wolves. When we scored and jumped up they were fucking fuming which made me cheer more. 

IMO the Wilson pen was no pen. That goes against us, I'm fuming. The result from what I watched was probably fair. Tripper was poor. His passing last couple of games has been poor. 

Miggy. Sorry, one for the spreadsheet twins. How many points have we picked up without him compared with him? 

Absolutely need an upgrade on Miggy in the summer. Love his effort but so many attacks just stop as he cuts back onto his left and then the defenders are back.

The one time he put a cross in with his right, not one of our players expected it!

Gordon was decent on the right at the end of the game. Think we would be much more of a threat of we had Barnes and Gordon on the wings but Barnes doesn't have the tracking back like Gordon which we need for Burn.

Now ASM is gone, Miggy is the most frustrating player for me by a long shot

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Absolutely need an upgrade on Miggy in the summer. Love his effort but so many attacks just stop as he cuts back onto his left and then the defenders are back.

The one time he put a cross in with his right, not one of our players expected it!

Gordon was decent on the right at the end of the game. Think we would be much more of a threat of we had Barnes and Gordon on the wings but Barnes doesn't have the tracking back like Gordon which we need for Burn.

Now ASM is gone, Miggy is the most frustrating player for me by a long shot

If you watched the game today and singled out Miggy then you've got an unnatural problem with him. Gordon has been great for us but he was off today, didn't have the usual sprite in his legs. Trippier had an absolute stinker. If Almiron turned the ball over cheaply that many times or made as many defensive errors he'd have been hung drawn and quartered. Schär was our best for me, super soft penalty which I'd be more than annoyed about if it was the other way, but VAR couldn't overturn it because Hwang kicked out at the ball when he had no chance at winning it after Schär took it away from him, and did contact Schär's leg.

Overall we were terrible. Wilson scored twice, which is what he's there for, but pretty much everything else he did was off. Joelinton didn't impose himself enough on the game. Bruno would have been our best if his petulant streak didn't emerge late on - firstly the ridiculous sweeping tackle attempt that contributed heavily to their second goal and later goong to ground too easily when attempting and failing to win free kicks. In the lead up to their second Pope punched the ball away when an easy catch was on offer - a baffling decision.

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I'll be honest. 

You're a boring WUM fuck. Fuck off to RTG. You've been an utter no show most of the season because your so called HC has been our best player. 

Meanwhile your fucking wet dream bandaged cunt is struggling in a fucking camal shagging league. So do us a favour and fuck off. 

I really hope this post is because you've been out on the sauce all day because it's not necessary?

Just put them on ignore if you have a problem.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, strawb said:

Decent point against a decent team, especially with no energy in the teams legs. 6 unbeaten, onwards and upwards.

This but also Eddie needs to find a way to use his squad otherwise we're not going to make it past January for tired legs and injuries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I'll be honest. 

Go fuck yourself cunt.

I have been here most games, he's a fucking headless chook, best player my arse. 

Did  I tell you to leave for RTG when you had a sook about a ASM? You had a cry about him more than I've ever talked about HC. 

Little bitch can't handle the truth.

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer
  • Jaysus... 2

If you were any sort of fan you’d be pleased Gordon was proving you wrong instead of desperately looking for reasons to criticise him 👍🏻

• Like 5

I’m sorry like but this constant “we can’t criticize Almiron” stance is wearing thin. The bloke plays bad most weeks but he’s not able to be criticized because Trippier played worse, or he’s a scapegoat, etc, RobElliott is spot on Almiron should be the first player in line for an upgrade he was shocking today, yet again. I don’t in anyway blame him for the result as most the team were poor, but people bring up Gordon, who created a goal, as if he had a worse game. 

I didn’t say anything after his crap performance mid-week against Dortmund, but he’s had another crap game today and it’s the usual defense of him. He ran about but didn’t tackle as usual, he missed any chance that come his way, and his passing was atrocious. As I say Trippier was the stand out poor performer on the day, and most the team was poor so I don’t blame Almiron for the result but we clearly need to upgrade that position and I really question the recruitment that 2 years post-takeover we’re still playing Almiron most games. 

• Like 2

TBF they were all poor, to degrees, with the exception of Schar, should have scored with that header as it would have topped off a brilliant performance from him.

You can see why Rafa wanted him. Fuck knows what was going through Cabbage's head?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

TBF they were all poor, to degrees, with the exception of Schar, should have scored with that header as it would have topped off a brilliant performance from him.

You can see why Rafa wanted him. Fuck knows what was going through Cabbage's head?

Agree Schar was excellent. It’s interesting that he’s stopped his mad runs now Botman as out as he clearly knows we can’t afford it, been really impressed by him. 

• Like 2

Lascelles has been pretty decent since he came in.

Must admit I thought we were screwed when Botman was injured.

Any word on the Murphy lad we signed over the summer? I know he is still young but wondering if he is kicking on from the friendlies where he looked promising!

• Like 2

If we can, we really sould be looking to recall Minteh, lad looks a fucking prospect, he's only 19 so not an issue with not being registered for the squad for domestic games.

Problem is, we call him back and wor Eddie doesn't use him and we disrupt the cracking, confidence building season he's having at Feyenoord.

16 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Lascelles has been pretty decent since he came in.

Must admit I thought we were screwed when Botman was injured.

Any word on the Murphy lad we signed over the summer? I know he is still young but wondering if he is kicking on from the friendlies where he looked promising!

Do you mean the 19 year old, Oirish lad who is a defender?

Not sure he's going to get a run if Hall and Tino can't.

What was the news regarding Jacob Murphy's injury? Not seen updates.

5 hours ago, Renton said:

I thought Burn did well today personally. 

I mean, there's a reason Howe is manager of a side exceeding all expectations and we're sat here pontificating putting Hall on would win us the game. We don't have the critical ability or inside knowledge Howe has. 

Not saying we can't discuss it though obviously or what's the point. But criticism directly of Howe is a bit much imo @Dr Gloom79422991_giphy(4).thumb.gif.8e4f4535a7795cfe312554f740974256.gif). 

I bloody love Howe but the players look goosed so his reluctance to use subs is puzzling 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sammynb said:

If we can, we really sould be looking to recall Minteh, lad looks a fucking prospect, he's only 19 so not an issue with not being registered for the squad for domestic games.

Problem is, we call him back and wor Eddie doesn't use him and we disrupt the cracking, confidence building season he's having at Feyenoord.

Do you mean the 19 year old, Oirish lad who is a defender?

Not sure he's going to get a run if Hall and Tino can't.

What was the news regarding Jacob Murphy's injury? Not seen updates.

Dislocated shoulder, so he will be out a while. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I bloody love Howe but the players look goosed so his reluctance to use subs is puzzling 

I'm sure he would've done if Barnes, Isak, Murphy, Tonali and Botman were available.

Livramento and Hall are for the future or games when the result is safe. 

3 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Go fuck yourself cunt.

I have been here most games, he's a fucking headless chook, best player my arse. 

Did  I tell you to leave for RTG when you had a sook about a ASM? You had a cry about him more than I've ever talked about HC. 

tumblr-m30y5zpq-FB1qhhugoo1-500.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Go fuck yourself cunt.

If Gordon is a headless chicken then so is Maxi. Same stats, much worse league.

Screenshot_2023-10-29-05-40-31-043_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-29-05-41-00-735_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Dazzler
  • Jaysus... 1

51 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

If Gordon is a headless chicken then so is Maxi. Same stats, much worse league.

Screenshot_2023-10-29-05-40-31-043_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-29-05-41-00-735_com.android.chrome.jpg

I think they both have elements of it. They are both dribblers. I liked Maxi and he would have a been a good impact sub for us but he never fitted into Eddies press, so it was best for all concerned he moved on. 

Wingers are notoriously hot and cold. I genuinely don’t think there is much between all for them. They are all good options but none are elite level. When Barnes is fully fit and intune with the system then I’d play him as he guarantees 10+ goals. I’d probably go Gordon on the right to supply the bullets but all can be interchanged.

Miggy was good v dortmund and good last night. He literally ran his legs off for the team last night. I have nothing but respect for what he does for NUFC.

• Like 3

They were absolutely blowing it out of their arses yesterday. Gordon and Trippier looked burnt out from the first whistle. Even longstaff was a goner in the second half. We managed to get a second wind in the last 15 but that seemed to be due to Neto going off. They had us the balls up until then.

Big decision for Eddie. I think he has no choice but to make as many changes  as possible for Man Utd

• Like 2

There was a great chance in the second half where Miggy should have crossed it. But because he's a one foot pony he didn't. It's frustrating as fuck in virtually every game we get players in the box only to see the chance gone because a professional footballer can't cross with his weaker foot. 

• Jaysus... 1