Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

LongTimeAdmirer

24 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

The midfield aren’t tracking back. The players arent in the right positions. There is no pressure on the ball. That’s 💯 fitness.

I noticed this for the countless opportunities they had. The defence ran and were all out of shape, the midfield stayed high and I thought it was because they thought it would get turned over and they could press again but in reality it probably is fitness. 

Edited by Chaser

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

We need a keeper in January too btw. Dubravka may as well not be there half the time. 

Think he’s been slightly better in the last 3 games but aye after seeing the the difference Pope made then sticking with someone deemed not good enough 18 months ago is nuts tbh 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think he’s been slightly better in the last 3 games but aye after seeing the the difference Pope made then sticking with someone deemed not good enough 18 months ago is nuts tbh 

He has aye, maybe it’s just me but I have so little confidence in him and I feel the defenders are similar v when Pope is in. Possibly coincidence but it just feels that way for me. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Worst performance of the Howe era for sure 

Definitely. First half was ok but even then you could see that it could become an edgy affair. We should have scored a second to settle but it was typical that the lack of confidence and awareness of Almiron in front of goal was the begin of the downfall.

We could to with an extended break at the moment. Best thing of playing Liverpool now is that we can’t expect to get anything out of the game than a tonking. Maybe being clear underdogs does work to motivate players. I am not sure if I can cope with watching it though.

• Like 1

I think we just need to accept mid table this season. Possibly worse if Bruno gets an extended injury.

The players did brilliantly to get us here by out working and pressing other teams. Now we cant physically do that the minute then we are sitting ducks. 

When the press and intensity is gone then we don’t have the players to manage a game. 

• Like 1

Worst atmosphere I’ve been to in a long long time. Forest fans the best I’ve heard there in a long time.

Utter shite from us. Sooner the likes of Miggy is replaced the better, but lots of other poor displays all around. Miley stood out for me.

Fucking dreading the derby.

Liverpool, Sunderland, City Villa. Lols

• Like 3

Well fucking hell that was abysmal. Most on here just watch it on the telltly, fucking hurts to see this shit unfold in real life. Fucking horrible watching these midland scabs do us like this. 

I hope people realise this season is now over. Howe deserves the rest of the season to turn this around, and I trust him with the next 2 windows. Many more games like today though, and he's losing the good will of SJP. Something has gone terribly wrong wrong and it needs fixing ASAP. 

Fucking Thatcher loving scab cunts. 

47 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

You’re writing this season off before a transfer window for the world’s wealthiest club? :lol: 

I know it’s frustrating, I know in defeat some comments are rash and knee jerky but after reading your constant negativity every time there’s as much as a misplaced pass I’ve got to put you out of your misery mate and tell you to stop talking fuckin bollocks 😀

Eh what? Constant negativity. I dunno how much of my comments you read then. I take it you're not a fan of the Miggy criticism which is fair enough. 

I said after the Luton game write off is probably the wrong word but since we're using it already :lol: just means accepting this is non CL finish season of learning and transition. Not the kind of progress or trophy challenges some might have accepted after last season. Pretty much what most are saying. Funny you're picking up on me considering what a lot of the others have been saying too. 

I do stand by the Miggy thing. He's infuriating and has always been for barring that purple patch. Agree to disagree. 

Edited by aimaad22

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

I think he might be sacked tbh. I really hope it's not the case, but stranger things have happened 

I would not rule it out. it would be a bit ruthless after what he has done in the last 2 years but the saudis I would think would want top 6 as a minimum, the next month is huge.

We only had three horrible weeks since trashing ManH and looking awesome. we played most of our games away from home and could or should have got something from our games against Milan and Chelsea as well.

There have been some very poor performances obviously but dome people are way too fickle for my liking tbh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howay said:

We need a keeper in January too btw. Dubravka may as well not be there half the time. 

He did cover himself in glory for either of the last 2 goals,  would not mind seeing Karius given a go, doubt it will happen though. 

• Like 1

What a load of shite. Deservedly beaten by a shit team, again. Chris Wood scoring a hatrick, unbelievable. Every team must be licking their lips at the thought of playing us at the moment.

Here’s hoping Howe can find a plan B before the cup game, cos our usual game isn’t working, hasn’t been for a while, and probably won’t until we have a fully fit squad again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

You’re writing this season off before a transfer window for the world’s wealthiest club? :lol: 

I know it’s frustrating, I know in defeat some comments are rash and knee jerky but after reading your constant negativity every time there’s as much as a misplaced pass I’ve got to put you out of your misery mate and tell you to stop talking fuckin bollocks 😀

Howay man PL. This season is a write off now, we're not advancing our position last year and we're winning fuck all as per. 

I want Howe given the chance of fixing this. But first step is admitting the gig is currently fucked imo. What worries me most 8s his lack of acknowledgement and plan B. We'll l see. 

• Like 1

@Renton @aimaad22

You’re probably right and am suffering from my usual sore arse by trying to remain on this fence as long as possible 😆

To say a good transfer window might sort this season out and get us 4th/5th isn’t fantasy land though. It’s not the Ashley/Bruce show any more. Am a lot more confident about getting 4/5 than I was about staying up in 21/22 🤷🏻‍♂️

If we don’t we’re in uncharted waters with the owners. There’s a good chance they’ll let Howe go. Out of who is likely to be available I notice Naglesmann is the Germany coach for the Euros only. Unlikely winners iyam and you’d think he’s too young for the job full time. Bubdesliga winner and champions league semi finalist with an up and coming side. Decent CV that :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Worst atmosphere I’ve been to in a long long time. Forest fans the best I’ve heard there in a long time.

Utter shite from us. Sooner the likes of Miggy is replaced the better, but lots of other poor displays all around. Miley stood out for me.

Fucking dreading the derby.

Liverpool, Sunderland, City Villa. Lols

Is that our next 4 games? Fuck me 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

18 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

The last two months show it’s been hit and miss with a totally depleted squad.

IMG_0168.jpeg

Lost 6 of the last 7.

And after those 3 games with half a team against Man U, Chelsea and PSG, when I've never been prouder to be an NUFC fan

• Like 1