Scabs vs Eddie’s Weetabix Haired Scargill Supporters.

Monkeys Fist

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

10 Interweb points to anyone who can correctly identify all the items on that table. 

bananas - one single. One bunch of two. One bunch of three

a kinder chocolate

a portable dvd player

four protein bars. One opened but unfinished 

A bottle of poppers 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

10 Interweb points to anyone who can correctly identify all the items on that table. 

I'm more intrigued as to why the bananas are getting a round of applause :cuppa:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

bananas - one single. One bunch of two. One bunch of three

a kinder chocolate

a portable dvd player

four protein bars. One opened but unfinished 

A bottle of poppers 

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ll take ‘things Mrs. Wyki would like to insert into Callum’s anus’ for 500.

• Haha 8

Excellent result. Brilliant Bruno the difference of course. Defending continues to be a concern. Schar and Botman had a couple of shaky moments each in addition to LB problems. But at least we're scoring a bunch of goals again these days. 

Just need to fix that rubbish home form now :lol:

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

7 points out of the last 9 

The only real aberration since they beat us on Boxing Day has been Luton, yes Liverpool twatted us; “quelle fuckin surprise” as they say…. we gave Man City a reasonable game for an hour…. We’ve been ok, far better than in December :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The only real aberration since they beat us on Boxing Day has been Luton, yes Liverpool twatted us; “quelle fuckin surprise” as they say…. we gave Man City a reasonable game for an hour…. We’ve been ok, far better than in December :) 

well, yes. There was a spell of games in December when we were unrecognisable. Looked out on our feet. 

Results have massively improved but Villa away was the only game of 2024 where we looked like we did last season. We’re not quite back to reproducing that form on a consistent basis even though players are starting to return.  

It does feel like we’ve turned a corner and can attack the second half of the season. 6th/7th and a cup semi final would still be a pretty good season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s a fucking shite buffet mind.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Midfield is the problem this year. 

Fucking this, all the morons calling out Burn being at fault, both those chances for Elanga came from no midfielder filling that space in front of the defence (Miley who is allegedly playing there being caught out of position) and then ball in behind , not dinked over the top of the defence but diagonal behind the defenders backs or in the case of the first goal, just spliting the defenders.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Match the item to the player game? 

I have it on good authority the banana in front is Callum's... 

:whistle:

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Match the item to the player game? 

I have it on good authority the banana in front is Callum's... 

:whistle:

Apparently it’s a gift from one of Mad Dog’s first professional clubs , Munter Hunters Fc. 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Excellent work. If Bruno goes in the summer, we've got no chance replacing him with anything close. 

I was thinking about this, if Bruno goes for 100+, is it worth spending 50 odd for Gibbs-White, obviously not as good but plays a similar game from the 6 position.

3 minutes ago, sammynb said:

I was thinking about this, if Bruno goes for 100+, is it worth spending 50 odd for Gibbs-White, obviously not as good but plays a similar game from the 6 position.

Yes

He was everywhere tonight for forest. 

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

One megadrive, a banana or two and a kinder egg

And for anyone that knows the good family Longstaff, tell Ciggy to harden up and stay on his feet. For a 70+kg 6ft man he's a fucking fanny, the slightest touch and he's on the ground, gets nothing and then is like a petulent cunt in the referee's ear for the rest of the game. If he was to stay on his feet we wouldn't turn the ball over half as much, he might even get us further up the pitch or in on goal - imagine that?

I noticed even Miley has started doing it, most noticeably on the edge of our 18 yard box in the final minute while we were under the cosh. That shite don't fly, it's bad enough Bruno doing it when he's having a huff but he's fucking Brasilian so he at least has an excuse.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, sammynb said:

And for anyone that knows the good family Longstaff, tell Ciggy to harden up and stay on his feet. For a 70+kg 6ft man he's a fucking fanny, the slightest touch and he's on the ground, gets nothing and then is like a petulent cunt in the referee's ear for the rest of the game. If he was to stay on his feet we wouldn't turn the ball over half as much, he might even get us further up the pitch or in on goal - imagine that?

I noticed even Miley has started doing it, most noticeably on the edge of our 18 yard box in the final minute while we were under the cosh. That shite don't fly, it's bad enough Bruno doing it when he's having a huff but he's fucking Brasilian so he at least has an excuse.

Tbf half the time he's getting smashed to bits the other half he's down when I accidentally bump the telly. He does himself no favours like.

The refs know he's a diver so he gets practically no freekicks even when their players do kick lumps out of him. Joelinton is very similar and he's built like a fucking universal soldier.

• Like 4

Dubravka was shite today. Not a fan of “as a former” speeches but as a former slim person who played in goal, his positioning and communication with the defence caused a lot of our defensive problems.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Tbf half the time he's getting smashed to bits the other half he's down when I accidentally bump the telly. He does himself no favours like.

The refs know he's a diver so he gets practically no freekicks even when their players do kick lumps out of him. Joelinton is very similar and he's built like a fucking universal soldier.

And he gets most of those calls, until he starts flopping around like a fanny - he's got no one but himself to blame for his rep as a diver. Stay on his feet and the ball will bounce off him and to a team mate, fall to the ground and our midfield opens up and we get punished for it.

49 minutes ago, strawb said:

No idea why that’s in a quote box

Because it deserves to be quoted. Karius must be shite because surely he's worth a run out to see if he's better than Dubravka - the moment he wanted away on loan to Man U, he should never have played for us again, even Ten Fraud didn't rate him.

• Like 2

Aye Dubravka has made some decent stops the last few games but it doesn’t seem like the defence has a lot of confidence in him. He's very hesitant to leave his line which often causes us issues. 

Bruno was sensational today, in a game where the rest of the team looked a bit flat imo. I think Miley will eventually do really well in a deeper role in CM but he looked a bit raw there today (understandable given he’s a kid), the plus was Bruno playing further forward though. 

• Like 2

Deserved to win. Questionable defending at times again. At this point we are simply gifting our opponents a clear gameplan and sense of self-confidence by playing Burn against a pacy winger (which most of them are in the PL). It just doesn't work without a vibrant midfield and Pope to sweep up behind. I figure everyone would fancy playing us at the moment because they don't have to wonder about how they're going to get a goal against us for even a second. I'm all for a good gambit but it just doesn't seem like the risk is worth it.

I'm sure it's been mentioned. Taylor had an absolutely disgusting performance. He must be in the conversation for the worst PL ref going around.

Anyway, got the win despite the negatives. Another win and more confidence. Another week closer to a few players back (hopefully).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toonotl said:

Deserved to win. Questionable defending at times again. At this point we are simply gifting our opponents a clear gameplan and sense of self-confidence by playing Burn against a pacy winger (which most of them are in the PL). It just doesn't work without a vibrant midfield and Pope to sweep up behind. I figure everyone would fancy playing us at the moment because they don't have to wonder about how they're going to get a goal against us for even a second. I'm all for a good gambit but it just doesn't seem like the risk is worth it.

I'm sure it's been mentioned. Taylor had an absolutely disgusting performance. He must be in the conversation for the worst PL ref going around.

Anyway, got the win despite the negatives. Another win and more confidence. Another week closer to a few players back (hopefully).

The only midfielders that are due back are Willock and Anderson. They’ll allow Miley to be taken out the firing line but I don’t think they’ll be able to tighten the midfield up massively. 

It’s a shame Big Joe isn’t due back anytime soon. 

• Like 5

Wilock has the legs (hopefully) to run at defenders though which is what Miley doesn't seem to do yet.

Miley is going to be a great option off the bench to slow games down and find a pass etc. 

• Like 2