The Great DOF Hunt of 2024

They're offering £2m. We want £15m plus £5m in add-ons. 

Ratcliffe and Staveley have met personally to continue negotiations, which I'm sure went great. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

They're offering £2m. We want £15m plus £5m in add-ons. 

Ratcliffe and Staveley have met personally to continue negotiations, which I'm sure went great. 

I don’t see the point in negotiations if you’re that far apart tbh. Ratcliffe is bat shit insane if he thinks he’ll big time us, didn’t we pay more than £2m to get him from Brighton? :lol:

• Like 1

Just let the cunt rot on gardening leave for his contract period. Hopefully he will fall in his roses and cut himself to fuck and get sepsis 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I don’t see the point in negotiations if you’re that far apart tbh. Ratcliffe is bat shit insane if he thinks he’ll big time us, didn’t we pay more than £2m to get him from Brighton? :lol:

The article claims that £2m is what we paid Brighton, and that the £4m reported at the time was wrong. 

Either way, the position is clear. If you want him early Jim, you pay what we want, not what you think. 

• Like 2

Difficult to see how Man Utd, Ratcliffe, Brailsford or, indeed, Ashworth could’ve handled this more clumsily. It’ll be amusing to see them try and negotiate transfers etc like this. Also, Ashworth could have knackered his career. Man Utd can’t afford to wait around for ever, I can’t see us budging and it’ll be difficult for other clubs to trust him to hang around long enough to see tangible results. Other clubs will no doubt show an interest but there won’t be many opportunities like the one he had here if Man Utd don’t get him 

• Like 10

Ratcliffe massively overpaid for a minority share in the club but is baulking at pay £15m for the man he sees as integral to the success of that purchase? How the fuck did this man become a billionaire? There's a touch of the Mike Ashleys about him.

• Like 9

Still don't understand the Man Utd fans reaction to is holding a man to the terms in his contract? Apparently it's small time to state that they either pay an acceptable amount of compensation, or they wait until his gardening leave finishes. 

• Like 3

What was the way they behaved over Lingard then? Which was worse because they didn’t even want him or were giving him a game and he was out of contract at the end of that season. 

• Like 4

Just now, The Fish said:

Still don't understand the Man Utd fans reaction to is holding a man to the terms in his contract? Apparently it's small time to state that they either pay an acceptable amount of compensation, or they wait until his gardening leave finishes. 

It's the NW red cunt massive sense of entitlement syndrome. Your neck of the woods now, fish, are you now desensitised to it? 

• Like 5

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

It's the NW red cunt massive sense of entitlement syndrome. Your neck of the woods now, fish, are you now desensitised to it? 

To be fair the Man Utd fans I know are pretty reasonable. They don't think £20m is a fair price but agree £2m is just them chancing their arm. 

But then I'm in Cheshire, so it's not like I'm having to explain it with crayons for lads from Longsight or Moss Side. 

Mind, even the lads I do know still have that sense of entitlement. I'm sure I said it on here before, but some were bemoaning how dominant Man City are and how that's made the league boring. I pointed out the irony with a "What? Like you lot in the 90s?" 

Unsurprisingly they're in favour of PSR, to stop 'mental spending'. 😂 They also agree with scrapping replays, because they've so many injuries. Like I said, that sense of entitlement remains.

• Like 1

£20m is outlandish - i've never heard of that sort of compensation paid out for a dof before. £2m is a pisstake too, of course. 

i'm sure sanity will prevail as get closer to the summer window and they do a deal for nearer to 10m 

I wonder how many Man U fans would be arsed about PSR etc if it suddenly incorporated debt - i.e you cant owe £1bn out 

• Like 5

Ratcliffe is going about this like he is buying a set of lamps on The Apprentice during a task.

Ratcliffe: How much are these lamps mate?

Mandy: £20 but would do them for £15

Ratcliffe: How about £2?

Mandy: FML

4 hours ago, Alex said:

What was the way they behaved over Lingard then? Which was worse because they didn’t even want him or were giving him a game and he was out of contract at the end of that season. 

Exactly, the wanted £6mil similar for a 6month loan deal for a player they didn't want, but expect to pay us £2mil for our DOF :lol: 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The 🐍 Ashworth is taking us to arbitration to try to get out of the terms of his contract.

:lol: 

I hope he's got deep pockets or his prospective new employers have?