General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

My ladyfriend downloaded it last weekend, and when we were walking into London for breakfast we messed around on it.

After we were off for a walk, and it took us to places we hadn't seen before and generally gave a relatively dull walk a bit of colour.

Walked a lot more and saw a lot of places we wouldn't have done otherwise, so a thumbs up from me.

Definitely more of a social thing, downloaded it after and it's not the same trying to catch a pidgey on your tod on the way for a bit of milk.

I've been having bother with my internet dropping out now and then and have been pissed off going back and forth with BT. They even sent an engineer round after all my complaints. He said there's nothing wrong at my end, I said I know, it's the fucking line dropping off. Still complaining and getting nowhere so I managed to hunt down the chief executive's e-mail and sent him a canny yarn. He replied back apologising and said he'd sort it. Just had another email from their executive level complaints team saying they are taking ownership of the problem and could I please not contact 'other BT depts' as this might 'confuse' people. :lol:

I think they don't want me talking to their chief exec anymore. :lol:

They're fucking shocking like. I re-contracted and my Btsport went off. Took nearly 2 weeks to get sorted. They don't even fucking keep records. So every time I rang I had to explain the problem again and go through the same bollocks with some Indian reading from a non-applicable hymnsheet. I got pretty abusive in the end

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Who do you thinks taking the photo ;)

I've seen that photo from a while ago (I think) was it off APOD? (NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day). Some of the shots on that site are amazing.

I've seen that photo from a while ago (I think) was it off APOD? (NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day). Some of the shots on that site are amazing.

Sky's political chief tweeted it yesterday. Apparently it's from the NASA climate observatory which is 1.5 mill miles away. Might be an old pic but it's pretty cool.

ea9ca6f242ee1afeeedb1674c26c09e4.png

Did everyone see this happened last week...

https://youtu.be/XpsQimYhNkA

JUNO APPROACH MOVIE OF JUPITER AND THE GALILEAN MOONS

NASA's Juno spacecraft captured a unique time-lapse movie of the Galilean satellites in motion about Jupiter. The movie begins on June 12th with Juno 10 million miles from Jupiter, and ends on June 29th, 3 million miles distant. The innermost moon is volcanic Io; next in line is the ice-crusted ocean world Europa, followed by massive Ganymede, and finally, heavily cratered Callisto. Galileo observed these moons to change position with respect to Jupiter over the course of a few nights. From this observation he realized that the moons were orbiting mighty Jupiter, a truth that forever changed humanity's understanding of our place in the cosmos. Earth was not the center of the Universe. For the first time in history, we look upon these moons as they orbit Jupiter and share in Galileo’s revelation. This is the motion of nature's harmony.

https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/media-gallery/jupiter-approach

I've been having bother with my internet dropping out now and then and have been pissed off going back and forth with BT. They even sent an engineer round after all my complaints. He said there's nothing wrong at my end, I said I know, it's the fucking line dropping off. Still complaining and getting nowhere so I managed to hunt down the chief executive's e-mail and sent him a canny yarn. He replied back apologising and said he'd sort it. Just had another email from their executive level complaints team saying they are taking ownership of the problem and could I please not contact 'other BT depts' as this might 'confuse' people. :lol:

I think they don't want me talking to their chief exec anymore. :lol:

Nice work, guarantees a response that sort of shit. I had problems with my wi-fi just on the laptop when i was connected to the VPN at work. I looked into it and apparently the old boxes have a poorer wi-fi signal and cause the signal to go weak which prompted my VPN to kick me out. The only way to re-connect to my email account was to re-boot the PC.

Anyway, just had my new fibre optic 1GB internet box installed this morning. The technician reckons its unlikely to hit more than 800mb but still should be good. Just got to wait at least 24 hours for someone to turn a switch on somewhere.

Did everyone see this happened last week...

https://youtu.be/XpsQimYhNkA

JUNO APPROACH MOVIE OF JUPITER AND THE GALILEAN MOONS

NASA's Juno spacecraft captured a unique time-lapse movie of the Galilean satellites in motion about Jupiter. The movie begins on June 12th with Juno 10 million miles from Jupiter, and ends on June 29th, 3 million miles distant. The innermost moon is volcanic Io; next in line is the ice-crusted ocean world Europa, followed by massive Ganymede, and finally, heavily cratered Callisto. Galileo observed these moons to change position with respect to Jupiter over the course of a few nights. From this observation he realized that the moons were orbiting mighty Jupiter, a truth that forever changed humanity's understanding of our place in the cosmos. Earth was not the center of the Universe. For the first time in history, we look upon these moons as they orbit Jupiter and share in Galileo’s revelation. This is the motion of nature's harmony.

https://www.missionjuno.swri.edu/media-gallery/jupiter-approach

Nice

Fuck me. I've just been for lunch in a cafe near work. There were three women in there with toddlers. All the mothers were say talking whilst their kids were running absolute riot. Pushing chairs over, slamming tables and generally been little shites.

An oldish bloke was trying to have some food with his wife and you could see him getting pissed off as these kids started playing with their toys under his table :lol:

I had to get back to work but would have loved to see him explode lol

Fuck me. I've just been for lunch in a cafe near work. There were three women in there with toddlers. All the mothers were say talking whilst their kids were running absolute riot. Pushing chairs over, slamming tables and generally been little shites.

An oldish bloke was trying to have some food with his wife and you could see him getting pissed off as these kids started playing with their toys under his table [emoji38]

I had to get back to work but would have loved to see him explode lol

Are you certain one wall of this cafe wasn't a mirror? Did you notice the radge old fucker getting up and leaving when you did? :razz: