General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:lol: Fucking hell.

:lol:

That's the very brief version of events, catching the bastard was perilous, considering it was virtually quadriplegic the thing could still shift, and peck.

Fuck me could it peck :lol:

We hit one whilst driving near Blanchland , many years ago. Felt it going under two wheels ( bump, squawk, bump, crunch), thought

" Ah well, it won't have felt much".

Cut to an hour or so later, we are coming back down the same road, there it is hopping along the side of the road, one leg totally fucked and its wings on Joey Deacon style.

We decided the only thing to do was wring its neck- easier said than done :lol:

We must've stretched the fucker's neck 7-8 inches and twisted it like we were giving it a Chinese burn- just pissed it off, the squawky fucker.

We eventually finished it off by holding its head and swinging the rest of it, lassoo style, around our heads until it died.

Stubborn fucker deserved it. :lol:

Sounds like a Will Ferrell film.

We hit one whilst driving near Blanchland , many years ago. Felt it going under two wheels ( bump, squawk, bump, crunch), thought

Cut to an hour or so later, we are coming back down the same road, there it is hopping along the side of the road, one leg totally fucked and its wings on Joey Deacon style.

We must've stretched the fucker's neck 7-8 inches and twisted it like we were giving it a Chinese burn- just pissed it off, the squawky fucker.

We eventually finished it off by holding its head and swinging the rest of it, lassoo style, around our heads until it died.

:spit:

Fucking hell I'm creased.

So, as if by some manner of universe balancing act, I now have a bird situation myself. A wood pigeon has, I'm guessing, flown into the side of the building I work at (and am responsible for) and has landed in the little shrubbery garden below. It remains alive. It can move but can't fly - I'm assuming this because it's now been there for about 24 hours. I fed it a bit yesterday to see if it was intent on remaining alive or if it was waiting to die, but it managed to resist while I was there (Athough what I fed it had gone when I looked next). I assume this means it ate it, although I have no conclusive proof.

In a nutshell, do I wait for it to die and then bin it, shuffle it off premises to be someone else's problem (I don't much fancy the idea of it being kicked to death) or call someone out to pick it up? I do not want to take it to the vet, and don't feel that I could ask any colleagues to do so either.

I blame Renton for this entirely, along with my post about never having had problems with seagulls before.

So, as if by some manner of universe balancing act, I now have a bird situation myself. A wood pigeon has, I'm guessing, flown into the side of the building I work at (and am responsible for) and has landed in the little shrubbery garden below. It remains alive. It can move but can't fly - I'm assuming this because it's now been there for about 24 hours. I fed it a bit yesterday to see if it was intent on remaining alive or if it was waiting to die, but it managed to resist while I was there (Athough what I fed it had gone when I looked next). I assume this means it ate it, although I have no conclusive proof.

In a nutshell, do I wait for it to die and then bin it, shuffle it off premises to be someone else's problem (I don't much fancy the idea of it being kicked to death) or call someone out to pick it up? I do not want to take it to the vet, and don't feel that I could ask any colleagues to do so either.

I blame Renton for this entirely, along with my post about never having had problems with seagulls before.

74930.jpg

:good:

Wring it's neck. If that doesn't work, swing the rest of it, lassoo style, around your head until it dies.

I'd just let nature take its course really. Any neighbourhood cats?

:lol:

The spade is beyond me I'm afraid, at least not while I think it might stand a chance. One of my co-workers kindly offered to run it over though, so there's that option...

Wring it's neck. If that doesn't work, swing the rest of it, lassoo style, around your head until it dies.

I'd just let nature take its course really. Any neighbourhood cats?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's totally what I should do.

No on the neighbourhood cats though, not that I've seen. It's a bit big for a cat anyway, I'd have said.

If you think that it has a chance then stick in it a half-covered box in the shaded part with a container of water. If it hasn't flown off by tomorrow then it's time to place it under the car wheel.

:lol: gold

Doing a bit of Rightmove snooping as I do from time to time, and there's a place with these on the living room walls:

50174_304394_IMG_04_0000.jpg

:dunno:

They always use that wide angle lens and when you get in there it's a shoe box.

That sofa is waaaaay too big for that room. Clueless.

Edited by Park Life

Going house viewing this weekend, weren't particularly looking to move but a couple of interesting prospects have come up.

Got our wedding photos back as well, starting to feel like an actual adult.

Then my phone buzzes and tells me there is a pokemon nearby and I forget all that.

Going house viewing this weekend, weren't particularly looking to move but a couple of interesting prospects have come up.

Got our wedding photos back as well, starting to feel like an actual adult.

Then my phone buzzes and tells me there is a pokemon nearby and I forget all that.

Do you like superhero films?