General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:razz: I've just had to tell my boss I'm planning on leaving at half 3 when he sent me an email telling me he needed an update on something at 4. First he'd heard of it. He's yet to respond. :lol:

To be fair, I've been in since 7 and was up before 5 working on something, so he can swivel if he thinks I'll still be here at 4.

So Jeremy Hunt has just decided to make junior doctors have a new contract whether they like it or not. I think he's seriously under estimated how many of them will just fuck off abroad in the next couple of years. It will be nurses next. Am I fuck going to be sitting at work at 4am on a Sunday morning for the same wage as a colleague working mon-fri 8-4

He's majorly fucked up that whole thing. There's no winning scenario for the government now - the best hope they had was that he came to some kind of agreement with them, but now there's talk of full on walkouts even across emergency services. How in fuck the government thinks it's going to be able to stand up to people dying for Hunt's ego, I have no idea.

Pissing off the doctors and causing a morale/staffing crisis is part of the plan.

I very much suspect you're right. I guess if they do have mass walkouts, it might be painted as a crisis that only privatisation can solve.

Pissing off the doctors and causing a morale/staffing crisis is part of the plan.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but it's beginning to look like it. I speak to a lot of clinicians and morale is pretty low, especially in primary care. You hear the same story in education. Recruitment will be impossible in London shortly. What happens then?

Don't underestimate what a complete set of cunts these people are. That's why I get so worked up about people saying there's no difference between these and the more centrist elements of the labour party. We're now in a situation where there is no credible opposition to the conservatives and the nhs as we know it will be gone as a result. Indirectly killed by well meaning idealists.

Don't underestimate what a complete set of cunts these people are. That's why I get so worked up about people saying there's no difference between these and the more centrist elements of the labour party. We're now in a situation where there is no credible opposition to the conservatives and the nhs as we know it will be gone as a result. Indirectly killed by well meaning idealists.

Being fair, no matter which way you colour it, it'll have been killed by non-well meaning right wingers. You can't blame idealists for wanting to make the system better. You can blame the people who vote Tory.