General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

"I will build a great wall and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our eastern border, and I will make Hoverboard riding vegetablists pay for that wall. Mark my words."

I've been asked by the Business Continuity team at work to take the 29th of February off to avoid what they're calling a "catastrophic proposal stampede".

We have both a "business intelligence" and "business performance team" at ours. Been here 16 month, not a whiff that either do.

We have both a "business intelligence" and "business performance team" at ours. Been here 16 month, not a whiff that either do.

Don't know about the latter but the former is what I do. Fucking about with data basically.

You're leaving the smoke for Manchester? How come?

Outside London, not sure why you'd pay those rents when you could buy cheaper. If you're in a settled relationship like, which it sounds like you both are.

She's been offered a better job on more money, no brainer really. It's north west of Stockport but we want to live somewhere a bit nicer & we've a couple of mates who already live in Manchester so :dunno:

Re: the rent thing, we'll rent for a year then buy once we've worked out which area we want to settle down in, which will 100% be in the North, but it's not yet clear where abouts. I'd be happy moving to where she grew up (Ilkley) but understandably she wants to make somewhere else her home. If we could find somewhere that has the links, the amenities and the pace of life as Ilkley elsewhere, that'd be fucking great.

We should be in a position to buy a house that'll work for the family we're planning on having. The fewer house-moves the better iyam.

Sounds like the "audience engagement" team at my place

She's been offered a better job on more money, no brainer really. It's north west of Stockport but we want to live somewhere a bit nicer & we've a couple of mates who already live in Manchester so :dunno:

Re: the rent thing, we'll rent for a year then buy once we've worked out which area we want to settle down in, which will 100% be in the North, but it's not yet clear where abouts. I'd be happy moving to where she grew up (Ilkley) but understandably she wants to make somewhere else her home. If we could find somewhere that has the links, the amenities and the pace of life as Ilkley elsewhere, that'd be fucking great.

We should be in a position to buy a house that'll work for the family we're planning on having. The fewer house-moves the better iyam.

Aye I got a pay rise to move out of London, no brainer.

Lots of nice little towns near Stockport, altrincham is decent as is sale and if you have the wedge then Cheshire is doable. All easy commute to Manchester on the train.

Aye I got a pay rise to move out of London, no brainer.

Lots of nice little towns near Stockport, altrincham is decent as is sale and if you have the wedge then Cheshire is doable. All easy commute to Manchester on the train.

Yeah there's some nice looking houses that are dead easy for my lass to get to her new job and not too much of a compromise in terms of size/standard or price.

Plus it means we can get a Dog and good grief do I want a Dog.

I want it so much I make it a proper noun for God's sake.

Yeah there's some nice looking houses that are dead easy for my lass to get to her new job and not too much of a compromise in terms of size/standard or price.

Plus it means we can get a Dog and good grief do I want a Dog.

I want it so much I make it a proper noun for God's sake.

There are loads of good options within an hour of Manchester, wouldn't have picked Ilkley mind you as its quite a trek and the M62 is a massive turd pretending to be a road.

There are loads of good options within an hour of Manchester, wouldn't have picked Ilkley mind you as its quite a trek and the M62 is a massive turd pretending to be a road.

Oh it'd be a mission for the job she's been offered but I meant, in the future, Ilkley is the kind of place I'd like to settle down.

She knows you've planned all this then aye, it wasn't a case of "i'm moving to manchester i've got a new job" and you've invited yourself, mean it's you so best to make sure.

:lol:

She doesn't even know we're going out. :shifty:

She knows you've planned all this then aye, it wasn't a case of "i'm moving to manchester i've got a new job" and you've invited yourself, mean it's you so best to make sure.

Was gona say, have you got any say in these plans? Sounds like your whole life is changing cos she's got a new job. Don't be stuck with half a mortgage somewhere you have no friends, family or ties if the relationship goes tits up

Was gona say, have you got any say in these plans? Sounds like your whole life is changing cos she's got a new job. Don't be stuck with half a mortgage somewhere you have no friends, family or ties if the relationship goes tits up

:lol:

I've been on here how long? You must have picked up by now that I'm fairly self-obsessed? I wouldn't be moving to Manchester if it wasn't what I wanted to do.

Mortgage isn't an issue, got friends there, and if the relationship goes tits up I'll move into Gemmill's bachelor pad :good: