General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

There’s no such thing as a “good” one mate, just less shite.

The estate agents will be able to recommend one, but they will probably get a kick back if that bothers you

• Like 2

I used Sintons last time I moved. Wifey called Rukhsanah. She sorted out my move prior to that as well (don't get divorced if you don't like moving house). She's pretty good - good at getting back in touch and not ignoring you.

It's all relative though, as Strawb says.

Well, that’s filled me with even more joy. Fired off a quick email to a couple, including Sintons but talk about a needle in a haystack. Just got to cross everything that we don’t get given a total knackerjack. Cheers, boys. I think 

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I used Sintons last time I moved. Wifey called Rukhsanah. She sorted out my move prior to that as well (don't get divorced if you don't like moving house). She's pretty good - good at getting back in touch and not ignoring you.

It's all relative though, as Strawb says.

Did you move house? I don’t remember you mentioning that 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Did you move house? I don’t remember you mentioning that 

Totally appreciate this is sarcasm, but I have huge doubts Gemmill would've moved anything. He likely just has a new address and somebody else did all the heavy lifting. 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Anyone used any good conveyancing solicitors in recent times? We’re in need of one and honestly don’t know where to start looking tbh. First time buyers if that’s any help. 

Used to work at both Gibson & Co and David Gray & Co both of whom handle conveyancing.  Both are well respected firms in the City and although I am about 20+ years out of date, they seem to have the same teams with them, which is usually a good sign of the culture.

10 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Totally appreciate this is sarcasm, but I have huge doubts Gemmill would've moved anything. He likely just has a new address and somebody else did all the heavy lifting. 

If you move house and you don't pay for someone else to move shit in for you, you're a fool and an embarrassment.

I moved some of the plant pots from the garden. And when the smoking lass that was moving in turned up early and wanted to put something in the house, I carried that SHIRTLESS from the car for her.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Gemmill desperately trying and failing to impress his ex-wife's new girlfriend. Very on brand.

That bitch had long since moved out. This was the house move us divorcees call THE DOWNSIZING.

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

If you move house and you don't pay for someone else to move shit in for you, you're a fool and an embarrassment.

The true pro's simply feign illness, injury or just sheer ineptitude and get gullible friends and family to do all the legwork. 

I can't be sure but I think I learned this simple lifehack the hard way. From my in-laws.

• Haha 3

Have a few bookings today to look round wedding venues, brought my mam so obviously it’s turned into a trip round shite market towns in between the viewings so she can have a look in tat shops. 

And my new (second hand) car is fucked, so had to cram my fat arse into a fiat 500 all bastard day.

Great mood

• Haha 1

On 11/08/2023 at 03:33, RobinRobin said:

Used to work at both Gibson & Co and David Gray & Co both of whom handle conveyancing.  Both are well respected firms in the City and although I am about 20+ years out of date, they seem to have the same teams with them, which is usually a good sign of the culture.

David Gray used to have David Gray playing when they had you on hold on the phone. Probably a bit out of date these days 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1