General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

BBC news this morning, 1/4 people have a 'side hustle'. It's an extra job so they're talking about an app. Big banner on the bottom saying 'side hustle' making it sound as though folk are making a killing, hustling etc rather than focusing on why they're having to do two jobs in the first place. The banner could've said 1/4 forced into two jobs but the BBC of course make sound a positive thing. Fucking standard on this business section. 

I think that "side hustle" is used a lot these days. Used here in Oz fairly regularly and while I agree with your point about needing more than one job, I don't think you can blame this one on the BBC. 

I take side hustle to mean something you do by your own means, ie more self employment such as Etsy, Amazon, car booting, trading, etc. I wouldn’t class a couple of shifts at McDonalds (on top of a regular job) a side hustle.

More driven these days by the younger generation during covid via the likes of YouTube and til tok and the ease at which a lot of these “side hustles” can be started with very little money. And lead to not having to rely on traditional employment.

24 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I think that "side hustle" is used a lot these days. Used here in Oz fairly regularly and while I agree with your point about needing more than one job, I don't think you can blame this one on the BBC. 

I'm merely pointing out the positive aspect of the piece and they can call it what they want tbh, RR. 

You can blame the BBC.  It's their wording.  It's used as if they're breaking laws.

It's like when rich cunts are interviewed and asked how they got there 'Oh well Papa worked extremely hard'  What harder than a wifey with 3 jobs to keep her bairns fed, clothed and warm?  CUNTS

Dunno if it's just me, or if these zero hour jobs count as "side hustles", but there's few sights more depressing in town than these groups of (nearly exclusively black) lads hanging around Eldon square with there huge "Just Eat" back packs on, waiting for an order pick up for some office worker who is too lazy to get off their arse to walk for lunch. I have not and never will use these services. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Dunno if it's just me, or if these zero hour jobs count as "side hustles", but there's few sights more depressing in town than these groups of (nearly exclusively black) lads hanging around Eldon square with there huge "Just Eat" back packs on, waiting for an order pick up for some office worker who is too lazy to get off their arse to walk for lunch. I have not and never will use these services. 

We once tried deliveroo from a place in the town. Answered the door and there was a kid giving us the bait from his bicycle. So the poor cunt had pedeled from the town to the promised land of Walkerville. Needless to say it was cold. We heated it up, didn't bother complaining as the lad hadn't done anything wrong except not a have a car so I said I'd never use it again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I guess we’ve found who is  to blame for the lack of growth in the economy and unemployment rates among the black community.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

When they were talking about these 'side hustles' it didn't seem to be stuff like CT selling his brand new equipment from his 23rd new hobby of the year on eBay.

Mrs Rents has started sell ing clothes on Vinted, she'll be happy to have a side hustle. Honestly though, once you takeinto account the postin and packing etc, it's a waste of time. Wipe out all your "profit" for a Deliveroo Nandos. Still, it's the new economy. 👈

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

Mrs Rents has started sell ing clothes on Vinted, she'll be happy to have a side hustle. Honestly though, once you takeinto account the postin and packing etc, it's a waste of time. Wipe out all your "profit" for a Deliveroo Nandos. Still, it's the new economy. 👈

Thats what they said to Jeff Bezos

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Thats what they said to Jeff Bezos

Perhaps I should clarify. She is not the founder of Vintred, she is using it to sell second hand kids' clothes. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Renton said:

Mrs B has been doing the same. It's a right pain in the hoop since it seems you've no control over what courier to use. Some days I've had to run around to 3 different places to drop off parcels. Totally infuriating.

If shes not doing it deliberately to wind me up I'd say thing the only thing the platform has going for it (for sellers) is that buyers pay the Vinted fee's. 

7 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Mrs B has been doing the same. It's a right pain in the hoop since it seems you've no control over what courier to use. Some days I've had to run around to 3 different places to drop off parcels. Totally infuriating.

If shes not doing it deliberately to wind me up I'd say thing the only thing the platform has going for it (for sellers) is that buyers pay the Vinted fee's. 

Whooooah. I was just relaying her whinging, no fucking way am I helping out in this task, sounds a nightmare. 👍

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Whooooah. I was just relaying her whinging, no fucking way am I helping out in this task, sounds a nightmare. 👍

Swings and roundabouts really. On the one hand I like to moan about it, on the other AM I FUCK sitting about the house watching the weans myself while she cuts about several different parcel drop off points, probably stopping for coffee or something in between each stop.

Edited by Blastronaut
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

Swings and roundabouts really. On the one hand I like to moan about it, on the other AM I FUCK sitting about the house watching the weans myself while she cuts about several different parcel drop off points, probably stopping for coffee or something in between each stop.

Like it. 

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Haha 1