General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

7 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If anyone is interested Gav Webster is looking for extras for his sitcom, the shoot is at heaton Stannington fc Sunday April 30th 11:00 if anyone is interested 

He should've put it on twitter with a NUFC hashtag, he'd have had hundreds of would-be 'presenters' turn up from all the podcast/YouTube NUFC shows. (Obviously he'd have to ok it with the NUFC trust first when they're not out with the journalists having a brilliant laugh and that).

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

In Scotland we have cycle paths purpose built which motor vehicles have no access to, these are what I meant.

What, EVERYWHERE?  I.e like the Netherlands (Which don't have them fully everywhere).

In other news, I was almost sacked today, but a former union rep colleague helped me destroy the case of the company based on their own procedure documentation that I was accused of not following, and them not following their own disciplinary guidelines. 

It was fucking magnificent seeing him in action tbh, listening to their statement, baiting his hook, letting them have a nibble, putting better bait on.… nibble nibble, then dropping a fucking bomb in the water. 

I won’t be staying long, I think. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Why didn't you cycle?

You're right about selfishness also entitlement. One neighbour has threatened another with legal action because he's parked his van in the access between the terrace houses. Legal Action. Not just asking him to shift it, getting lawyers involved. She said "He thinks he's King Canute of the street!"

Now, I dunno what she thinks the message is from the story of King Canute, but I know it's not that a man parks on the land he owns and happily moves it if you ask.

I was resting after two days of riding :cuppa:

32 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

In other news, I was almost sacked today, but a former union rep colleague helped me destroy the case of the company based on their own procedure documentation that I was accused of not following, and them not following their own disciplinary guidelines. 

It was fucking magnificent seeing him in action tbh, listening to their statement, baiting his hook, letting them have a nibble, putting better bait on.… nibble nibble, then dropping a fucking bomb in the water. 

Go on, give us the full story.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, strawb said:

Go on, give us the full story.

It was to do with checking the screenwash levels in my daily check. 
They said I had to pop the bonnet to do it. 
Their MS only mentions screenwash once, and then it’s to say that the vehicle will inform you when it’s low with a warning light on the dash. 
They said they had it on camera that I hadn’t popped the bonnet. 
We repeated that it wasn’t necessary and mate also said that CCTV can only be used if their is/was a security threat to store or employees, as stated in their company policy. 
There wasn’t, so no evidence. 

The vehicle check MS also breaks its own instructions multiple times. 

Because of that, he questioned their right to apply it in disciplinary proceedings, as following it would make you break their own rules. :lol:

This took over three hours with numerous adjournments whilst they checked their facts, and clearly realised they were stuffed. 

Glorious stuff to see. 

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

‘So you admit that nowhere in his employment contract does it state that he can’t keep dead hookers in the freezer compartment of his van?!?!’

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Their MS only mentions screenwash once, and then it’s to say that the vehicle will inform you when it’s low with a warning light on the dash. 
We repeated that it wasn’t necessary and mate also said that CCTV can only be used if their is/was a security threat to store or employees, as stated in their company policy. 

Because of that, he questioned their right to apply it in disciplinary proceedings, as following it would make you break their own rules. :lol:

This took over three hours with numerous adjournments whilst they checked their facts, and clearly realised they were stuffed. 

Glorious stuff to see. 

A disciplinary for not checking the screen wash levels? Fucking hell, even Wyki wouldn’t complain over that. :lol: 

• Haha 6

"Mr Fist, we've warned you before about storing deceased prostitutes with the poultry. Never mind, we'll let it slide. WHAT?! You didn't check the screenwash levels according to the SOP!!!??? YOU'RE ON A DISCIPLINARY SON". 

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

A disciplinary for not checking the screen wash levels? Fucking hell, even Wyki wouldn’t complain over that. :lol: 

They worded it as “fraudulently completing a legal document”. 
It’s because it’s a legal requirement to check your screenwash before your shift. 
She made a big show of this, frequently referring to “breaking the law” and “legally required” in her opening statements. 

Mate asked which laws it broke, “for reference, naturally”

She didn’t know, wouldn’t admit to that, so adjourned after like 5 minutes :lol:

Didn’t get any better for her. 

Utter clownshoes. 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Glorious stuff to see. 

Disciplinary for that? :lol: 

Either you've pissed them off or they're insane. Either way, I'd last two minutes there before leaving of my own free will, (I'm unsackable. Plenty have tried). :D

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Glorious stuff to see. 

Whoever wrote that method statement needs to “spend a day on the tools” the stupid cunt.

One of my main gripes is safety paperwork written from behind a desk.

Glad you tucked them up mate

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Disciplinary for that? :lol: 

Either you've pissed them off or they're insane. Either way, I'd last two minutes there before leaving of my own free will, (I'm unsackable. Plenty have tried). :D

I’m actively looking elsewhere :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, strawb said:

Whoever wrote that method statement needs to “spend a day on the tools” the stupid cunt.

One of my main gripes is safety paperwork written from behind a desk.

Glad you tucked them up mate

I had to write and amend RAMS for my work on the ropes, so know toilet paper when I see it. 

That wasn’t even the best fuck up. 

Opening paragraph states that at no point can the vehicle be moved until the check is completed. 
When we start our shift, the vans are backed up to the loading bay.  

To complete a full check, you need to drop the rear step, inspect the rear plate, and test the rear door locks.…

… which can only be done by moving the van off the bay. 

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol:  Is  your current employer a huge orange supermarket? :D 

That would be remiss of me to say, so I can neither CONFIRM  nor deny your question. 

I might break one of their badly written and self- contradictory rules. :lol:

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol:  Is  your current employer a huge orange supermarket? :D 

I should also probably say that I made use of my staff discount and their “ Buy 6 save 25%” offer on wine to celebrate victory for the proletariat this evening. 

Top Marx! 

• Haha 4

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

No but where they do arsehole cyclists still ignore them to ride on the more dangerous roads 

Must be tricky riding a bike in Scotland what with the tartan skirts and free hanging dumbartons.

No wonder everyone’s furious. :lol:

• Haha 2

The cycle network in this country is fucking shit. This in turn leads to an adversarial relationship between cyclists and other road users. As with a lot of other things, the people on both sides aren’t fighting the real enemy 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

No but where they do arsehole cyclists still ignore them to ride on the more dangerous roads 

My friend did the NC500 and said he really enjoyed it as he hardly had any hassle with drivers.

Us arseholes can ignore shocking infrastructure and that winds ignorant drivers up even more :lol: 

10 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If anyone is interested Gav Webster is looking for extras for his sitcom, the shoot is at heaton Stannington fc Sunday April 30th 11:00 if anyone is interested 

He does a bit of fundraising puts free events on for Heaton Stannington. I think he’s from Low Fell but he went to a match there a good while back and liked the set up. So he offered his services free of charge, just to help out a grassroots club. He’s just one if those naturally amusing raconteurs. I saw him host a sports quiz there and he was funny as fuck just doing that 

• Like 1