General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Absolutely nailed it.  I think a lot now in society are blinkered and just selfish.

Last night, go to the bus station, join the queue for my bus.  I am about 3rd from front.  A women comes and asks someone behind me if this is the queue for Leeds.  She said yes and then just walked straight to the front :lol: Just bold as brass.  I mean WTF.

Yorkshireman on the warpath

Lock And Load Reload GIF - Lock And Load Reload Shotgun - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 2

So, this govt alert text thing tomorrow- I know it’s been mentioned somewhere already but I can’t be arsed looking for it. 

If everyone knows it’s going off at 3pm tomorrow, then fair enough, let it go off for 10-30 seconds or whatever, then just crack on. 
I’m sure if you’re under the age of 30 or so, you get a ping on your phone every 10 seconds anyway telling you some Kardashian has just had a shite, or Taylor Swift’s minge has auto-sealed itself or whatever. 

What is the point of a national alert system if you can just disable the fucking thing? 

What am I missing here? 

• Like 1

I’m picturing a few years down the line, Damian Knobfromage, world famous live-streamer and influencer, walking down the street in his home town of Chalfont Saint Fucking Peter, utter chaos and panic playing out in the background as the population of 63 desperately tries to evacuate from the incoming meteor that the NATIONAL FUCKING ALERT SYSTEM has told them is about to destroy their fucking village, and he’s blithely waffling on and asking “you guys” not to forget to like and hit that subscribe button, utterly unaware of what’s about to turn him in to well-done brisket because he disabled the notifications on it. 

Sorry @wykikitoon, I seem to have briefly become you. 

On reflection, maybe it’s not a bad idea having that option, after all :lol:

• Haha 4

What if a massive flood washed a forest in to your back doors, then it took alight? 

Switch that notification on, you never know when you might need to officially shit the bed. 

• Haha 2

My nerves have been shattered this week, if my missus hadn't mentioned the alert test yesterday it might have tipped me over the edge today as I genuinely wasn't aware of it otherwise.

In somewhat related news, Im not even ashamed to admit I had a bit of a wobble and finally caved after three and a half months (not that I've been counting) off the fags and bought 20 on Tuesday.  Ten smokes later all was well by Friday, which is quite decent since I was a 30-a-day guy until Jan. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

My nerves have been shattered this week, if my missus hadn't mentioned the alert test yesterday it might have tipped me over the edge today as I genuinely wasn't aware of it otherwise.

In somewhat related news, Im not even ashamed to admit I had a bit of a wobble and finally caved after three and a half months (not that I've been counting) off the fags and bought 20 on Tuesday.  Ten smokes later all was well by Friday, which is quite decent since I was a 30-a-day guy until Jan. 

Nowt wrong with the occasional wobble mate, I’ve had several since I packed in years back. 

The trick is to accept it as a wobble, forget about it, and start again. 
I had one just after Christmas, bought a pack, smoked ‘em, and realised why I’d stopped in the first place as I smelt fucking rank and didn’t enjoy any bar the first one. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Nowt wrong with the occasional wobble mate, I’ve had several since I packed in years back. 

The trick is to accept it as a wobble, forget about it, and start again. 
I had one just after Christmas, bought a pack, smoked ‘em, and realised why I’d stopped in the first place as I smelt fucking rank and didn’t enjoy any bar the first one. 

Aye man, mostly agree. In this case buying the Marlboro Gold (actually asked for Reds but the useless cunts thankfully didn't stock them) wasn't the wobble, it was few days into it. 

I'll doubt I'll ever miss it. Still walk past folk who are obviously heavy smokers and think "Jesus fuck, did I really smell like that? That's disgusting. I fucking love it".

• Like 3

Fist Jnr is currently going through a minor rebel stage, and went to get his hair cut at one of the several hundred Turkish barbers in Forest Hall. 

I’ve had his fucking life since about 5pm last night when he came in, calling him King Henry 

main-qimg-6c448dfe995be79137ac28c3649df3

• Haha 8

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fist Jnr is currently going through a minor rebel stage, and went to get his hair cut at one of the several hundred Turkish barbers in Forest Hall. 

I’ve had his fucking life since about 5pm last night when he came in, calling him King Henry 

You're just jealous 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I reckon there must be massive queues at the 5 barbers left in Turkey on a Friday

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: I’m reminded of Blackadder S1

image.jpeg.50d7492b5621ebab89cbb9423e11bce0.jpeg

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m genuinely quite happy I’m bald because there some some fucking rank haircuts knocking about just now. :lol:

Also, hairs have a nasty habit of falling out and leaving DNA "at the scene" ;) 

• Haha 3