General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Blue Skittles are fucking awful

I agree. My friend recently bought us a bag each, I'm not mad on them anyway really but the Blue ones are vile.

I had a Ruffle bar earlier, mmmmmm :lol:

Never seen them for years! You lucky duck!! :D

I agree. My friend recently bought us a bag each, I'm not mad on them anyway really but the Blue ones are vile.

:D

Yeah love them! You get still get them in the odd shop or Sainsburys sell them in packs of 4 or 5 bars. You can also get large bags of individually wrapped Ruffles too.

Yeah love them! You get still get them in the odd shop or Sainsburys sell them in packs of 4 or 5 bars. You can also get large bags of individually wrapped Ruffles too.

Used to get one of them as a treat sometimes when walking home from nursery. It's amazing what daft things your mind will cling on to when it comes to random memories.

Used to get one of them as a treat sometimes when walking home from nursery. It's amazing what daft things your mind will cling on to when it comes to random memories.

You's on about them Raspberry Ruffles? They are dreamy, you's have got is craving them now

You's on about them Raspberry Ruffles? They are dreamy, you's have got is craving them now

Yep that's the ones! Very morish!

Childhood sweets make me nostalgic. Used to love Arrow toffee bars, golf ball chewing gum, bubble gum, space dust, blackjacks fruit salads and mojos chews, sherbet fountain, Rowntrees fruit gums & pastilles, caramac, curly wurly, milky bars, Pacers, cadburys fudge and Topic bars. There's loads more I've forgotten.

It's a wonder I've never any bother with the dentist.

I've started watching a lot of Bear Grylls recently. He's fucking hilarious, completely unintentionally.

I have to watch it before my lass gets in from work cos she can't stand the way he eats basically anything he comes across. He pickled up a handful of deer droppings last week and necked them like a bag of minstrels, the dirty bastard.

Absolutely class.

Did you see the one where he found a dead seal, cut off its skin so it basically had a hole for his head and two holes for his arms, and then put it on like a vest? :lol:

He could barely get it on it was so tight, and when he did he looked like he was off to the Blue Oyster in his crop top spray on vest.

Did you see the one where he found a dead seal, cut off its skin so it basically had a hole for his head and two holes for his arms, and then put it on like a vest? :lol:

He could barely get it on it was so tight, and when he did he looked like he was off to the Blue Oyster in his crop top spray on vest.

:D :D Yes hilarious! His face when he puts slugs and grubs in his mouth just really cracks me up :D

I bet poor old Ray Mears is disapproving of it all!!

I like Ray Mears' shows whereas Bear Grylls ones are obvious set-ups.

Yeah Bear does things for drama and for the shock value. But he is very fit and has all the skills. Ray Mears is a legend though. The man is so knowledgable. And he doesnt kill animals just for the TV show!!!

He is quite (unintentionally as Gemmill says) funny though. That earnest panting voice in which he delivers most of his lines is comedy gold. I was watching one where he was sweating like a fat lass and going on about how he was going to have great difficulty getting down this waterfall. I was thinking "Don't fucking go down there then, just walk back the way you and the film crew got there in the first place" :lol:

Edited by alex

Childhood sweets make me nostalgic. Used to love Arrow toffee bars, golf ball chewing gum, bubble gum, space dust, blackjacks fruit salads and mojos chews, sherbet fountain, Rowntrees fruit gums & pastilles, caramac, curly wurly, milky bars, Pacers, cadburys fudge and Topic bars. There's loads more I've forgotten.

It's a wonder I've never any bother with the dentist.

I have a sherbet fountain on my desk right now (not a euphemism)!

He is quite (unintentionally as Gemmill says) funny though. That earnest panting voice in which he delivers most of his lines is comedy gold. I was watching one where he was sweating like a fat lass and going on about how he was going to have great difficulty getting down this waterfall. I was thinking "Don't fucking go down there then, just walk back the way you and the film crew got there in the first place" :lol:

:D He is crazy!

I watched him recently when he was climbing around old factories and on roof tops :D

I watched him recently when he was climbing around old factories and on roof tops :D

He's climbed Everest like (youngest British person to do it or something iirc) so he's obviously a fit bloke etc. Ex-SAS or Royal Marine Commando or something too I think. No doubt 'Bear' was his nickname in the officers' mess :D

He's climbed Everest like (youngest British person to do it or something iirc) so he's obviously a fit bloke etc. Ex-SAS or Royal Marine Commando or something too I think. No doubt 'Bear' was his nickname in the officers' mess :D

I think he was a marine.

I saw a T shirt recently I loved....Three cheers for Ray Mears!

Anyone seen the one where he finds a dead camel or something, grabs its poopoo, and squeezs it to get water out to drink like he's juicing an orange?

Me mam was watching it with is aswell, I think her reaction was along the lines of "WTF is he deein, is he really drinking camel sh*te, he a dorty b*stard him, turn this off, it's aaful that"

Was he the guy who was found to be staying in luxury hotels while pretending to be roughing it?

yes, well sort of not luxury hotels but......

CriticismThe show has been criticized for fabricating some of the situations in which Grylls finds himself. In 2006 a Born Survivor crew member admitted that some scenes in episodes were misleading, indicating to viewers that Grylls was stranded in the wild alone when he was not.[14] The issue of scenes being manipulated was also raised by Mark Weinert, a U.S. survival consultant. One example he gave was of a raft allegedly being put together by team members before being taken apart so Grylls could be filmed building it. Other scenes that have been criticized include:

• Grylls was shown trying to lasso "wild" mustang in the Sierra Nevada that were in fact tame and had been hired from a trekking station nearby.[15]
  • A scene where a crew member wore a bear suit to simulate a bear attack due to inability finding a tame bear. [16]
  • A scene where Grylls was purported to have escaped from an active volcano by leaping across lava, avoiding poisonous sulphur dioxide gas, was actually enhanced with special effects, using hot coal and smoke machines.[17][18]
  • Similarly, another episode gave viewers the impression that Grylls "was a 'real life Robinson Crusoe' stuck on a desert island", while in reality he was on an outlying part of the Hawaiian archipelago and retired to a motel at night.[15][19]

Edited by tooner