General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I'll kick things off... Birmingham? Apparently voted dullest city not just in the UK, but the whole of Europe on trip advisor. Twice :lol:

I'd agree personally, but there's other cities I've been to where I think, you know what it is, this is fuckin shit this, stick the snooker up your arse. Sheffield being one.

I needed a cheap oak mirror the other day so went to Sunderland cos I thought there would be a plethora of cheap shops, literally the ugliest city in Britain. 2/3rd of all shops are closed down, a pound shop, charity shop or betting shop. Truly horrific

I go there at least once a month now, and their Northumberland Street (Fawcett Street) is full of derelict shops. The ones surviving are Wilkinson's and Everythings a Pound. Joblings was their main shopping company till it shut about 10 years ago, and it was worse than Parishes in Byker.

I go there at least once a month now, and their Northumberland Street (Fawcett Street) is full of derelict shops. The ones surviving are Wilkinson's and Everythings a Pound. Joblings was their main shopping company till it shut about 10 years ago, and it was worse than Parishes in Byker.

Fuck me! sounds like the most depressing place in the world.

Remember going there with my granny back in the day.

Coming in to the final furlong now. I started month 9 of my chemo today, my memory is truly shit, I scoff 44 tablets between now and Sunday, then 3 weeks break. 3 more months to go, I'm not me at the minute. 6 months chemo totally fucks most people, but its taken 9 months to fuck me and it has. My memory lasts 5 minutes, I'm like a fat goldfish just now with these cunts insisting I do no weight/hard athletic training till December. I got weighed today 108kgs. The heaviest I've ever been, 17 stone. Fucking embarrassed.

Stick in, Stevie, just keep chillin' with yo OOT homies, word to your Mother!

http://www.jibjab.com/view/7yi_sPntR6m17o5ABZy1dQ

;)

Me too. I think they were called Matchstick these tiny little metal cars, and me nana used to buy me one every time I went.

Which city would top the most pointless city rankings, I wonder?

Coventry. Newport. I could add a hundred more if we're talking towns. Honourable mention for the town of Invercargill in NZ, which Keith Richards once memorably described as "the arsehole of the world"

Maybe Canberra out of them two, full of pointless Government types.

it's a pointless capital city if ever there was one. why the fuck didn't they give it to sydney or melborne?

Parrishes was the Fenwicks of the East End, The Harrods of Gods chosen people. Even when it cahanged to Michael Parrishes it was still good. I got my first NUFC top in there, well, when I say first NUFC top, it was a B&W football shirt and you bought the badge separately in the same shop. :lol:

it's a pointless capital city if ever there was one. why the fuck didn't they give it to sydney or melborne?

because then either sydney or melbourne would've moaned like bitches forever. Canberra was the city equivalent of john major

Coventry. Newport. I could add a hundred more if we're talking towns. Honourable mention for the town of Invercargill in NZ, which Keith Richards once memorably described as "the arsehole of the world"

The best thing about Newport is it has a bridge which is a lot like but inferior to Scotchy Bridge.

500px-River_Usk_Bridge.jpg

Edited by McFaul

The best thing about Newport is it has a bridge which is a lot like but inferior to Scotch Bridge.

500px-River_Usk_Bridge.jpg

What you dont see there Stevie is that the river is tidal in Newport so its a big mud flat half the time. Newport is to Cardiff what Sunderland is to the toon.

i can never work out why you have to pay to get in to wales over that bridge but not on the way back into england. should be the other way around, surely.

Because before Federation, Melbourne was the original capital, but Sydney was not to happy about it, so they had to choose somewhere neutral. So Canberra it was.

Has to be Bonn, with out a doubt the most boring city I have visited. Beijing for being the most polluted followed by Bangkok.

:huff:

Not having that, not with that gigantic Ronald Macdonald sat on top of the McDonald's you pass by on the autobahn to Cologne. Saw it when we played Bayer Leverkusen in the champions league, tbh it was at least as good as Shola's goal that night...

What you dont see there Stevie is that the river is tidal in Newport so its a big mud flat half the time. Newport is to Cardiff what Sunderland is to the toon.

Newport also has some strange sort of crane/bridge hybrid and their accent is half Welsh half Bristol. It's like none of them know what the fuck they want...

Because before Federation, Melbourne was the original capital, but Sydney was not to happy about it, so they had to choose somewhere neutral. So Canberra it was.

a city of bureaucrats to rival brussels