General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup :razz:

Loved up and down the nation so why cant anyfucker make it and stick it in a tin. :razz:

How fucking hard can it be....Chicken, sweet corn, and lumpy water. Just tried Asda's "chosen by you" range tonight and while it was edible, it tastes fuck all like the stuff you get in any chinese restaurant in any town.

Surely they can simply employ a chinese person and make the fucking soup!!!!!! ;)

Loved up and down the nation so why cant anyfucker make it and stick it in a tin. :razz:

How fucking hard can it be....Chicken, sweet corn, and lumpy water. Just tried Asda's "chosen by you" range tonight and while it was edible, it tastes fuck all like the stuff you get in any chinese restaurant in any town.

Surely they can simply employ a chinese person and make the fucking soup!!!!!! ;)

They wouldn't be allowed to hoy in as much MSG as your local Rinkys will.

They wouldn't be allowed to hoy in as much MSG as your local Rinkys will.

That and everyone else that cooks with chicken throws out the bits you find as chicken in the restaurant version.

Apparently I have "-1 New Messages".

Now doesn't that make you feel wanted? :icon_lol:

Random fact of the day: My son's newest word is "boobies"

I'm so proud :icon_lol:

I wonder why that word sprang to his mind?

Apparently I have "-1 New Messages".

Now doesn't that make you feel wanted? :icon_lol:

Random fact of the day: My son's newest word is "boobies"

I'm so proud ;)

I wonder why that word sprang to his mind?

I was just going to say, that word followed by extensive drooling is the reaction you get from most of the Trent Posse too :icon_lol:

I'm off to New York in a couple of weeks for 2 nights. I've been there a few times and visited mates in Long Island.

Has anyone been and got good suggestions of something different to do there? I never got to see Soho or Wall Street-worth visiting?

I applied for tickets to Letterman - no word back, so I got a pair for Jimmy Fallon. Not sure if I'll go though.

I'm off to New York in a couple of weeks for 2 nights. I've been there a few times and visited mates in Long Island.

Has anyone been and got good suggestions of something different to do there? I never got to see Soho or Wall Street-worth visiting?

I applied for tickets to Letterman - no word back, so I got a pair for Jimmy Fallon. Not sure if I'll go though.

Two night? As part of a longer trip?

Unfortunately not. Won a voucher through work for a trip and 2 nights/3 days is all I could convince herself to leave the kids for.

She said I should just head over to meet my mates from Cali in Vegas for a few days, but that's a fucking trap.

I love the Tyne like, was there on Saturday night. Chez's mate was doing his best to get filled in at the bar :icon_lol:

Bet that went down like a shite in a pool :icon_lol:

So, lunch;

115.jpg

And a veggie curry.

Going for a "sitty doon" at Forest Hall Indians tomorrow too.

Baboons arse on Sunday

Wall Street is what it is - two minutes looking at the Stock Exchange, take your photos and you're done really. You can tie it in with a wander around Battery Park, the WTC site etc. though.

It's also near here:

20853_432204926962_509536962_5623796_1154666_n.jpg

:icon_lol:

As for SoHo, good place for cafe-/bar-hopping I thought, around Spring St and all. I'm really fond of the run of restaurants on Mulberry St in Little Italy, too, for all it's touristy as owt.

Is the service in there still terrible btw? Stopped going except for takeaways. Even if it's half full you still wait ages whilst they're sending out the takeaways like billy-o. Bad show, all boy iyam. I put it down to teething problems at first but after it happened about 3 or 4 times it was taking the proverbial. Shame as the food is spot on.

Is the service in there still terrible btw? Stopped going except for takeaways. Even if it's half full you still wait ages whilst they're sending out the takeaways like billy-o. Bad show, all boy iyam. I put it down to teething problems at first but after it happened about 3 or 4 times it was taking the proverbial. Shame as the food is spot on.

Last time I went, it wasn't bad once you got to your table. Getting there was a bit of a chore though.

Food is cracking mind.

Last time I went, it wasn't bad once you got to your table. Getting there was a bit of a chore though.

Food is cracking mind.

:icon_lol: Same here. I got to the table about an hour and a half after it was booked though. I was mortal.