General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:lol: The melancholy in that post...

What is it you do for work if you've nothing on tomorrow, if you don't mind my asking?

I do various projects for NICE. Yesterday they cancelled my latest project; my immediate superiors are both on 3 week holidays, so nowhere to turn to . So nowt to do for several weeks, which from experience I struggle to cope with.....

Also pissed off because I really want to do a part time MSc which would be hugely beneficial for my work, but the NHS won't fund it, but that's another subject. People I know in the private sector seem to have it much better.

Also, I actually missed this due to the otherwise dismal sentiment of that post, but Happy Birthday Rents...! I um, hope you have a nice day?

I will, cheers. Just have to keep reminding myself my kids are utterly gorgeous rather than little shits. ;)

I do various projects for NICE. Yesterday they cancelled my latest project; my immediate superiors are both on 3 week holidays, so nowhere to turn to . So nowt to do for several weeks, which from experience I struggle to cope with.....

Also pissed off because I really want to do a part time MSc which would be hugely beneficial for my work, but the NHS won't fund it, but that's another subject. People I know in the private sector seem to have it much better.

Are you philosophically opposed to the private sector? I'd argue just go for it and make things easy on yourself.

Here's a thing, I've been posting on here for 12 years now. More than a quarter of my life. Gemmill was a tea boy in San Francisco at the time iirc.

Seriously? :lol:

Would you not have wanted to stay in San Francisco? Like to settle? It's meant to be a great city.

He gave up San Francisco for north shields! :lol:

Tbf I think he was worried about his prolapse iirc ....

:lol:

Thanks for the advice all - I'm probably set for the time being I guess; we'll discuss it and by the sounds of it, I'll be arguing that we shouldn't get one.

I'll tell her that this dude online who fucking loves seagulls made the most convincing argument not to do so.

Dogs will be fine with a move after a few days, as long as you're around for a bit after the move to help the transition. Dog's are brilliant and are true companions, but don't get a proper dog if you're going to be living in apartments/flats. They can be left alone for a while, but as long as they've a bit of space and something to keep them from getting bored.

Oh and if you're not going to get a proper dog, don't bother at all.

Unless you've a chimney-seagull situation, then get any kind of short haired terrier you fancy.

Dogs will be fine with a move after a few days, as long as you're around for a bit after the move to help the transition. Dog's are brilliant and are true companions, but don't get a proper dog if you're going to be living in apartments/flats. They can be left alone for a while, but as long as they've a bit of space and something to keep them from getting bored.

Oh and if you're not going to get a proper dog, don't bother at all.

Unless you've a chimney-seagull situation, then get any kind of short haired terrier you fancy.

Thanks mate. She's after a Samoyed. Which look like a ball of fluff with eyes. Big enough dogs though.

Edited by Rayvin

:lol: Jesus, Renton. Try and take some comfort in the fact that you're another year closer to death.

I think Renton should adopt my username. I'm a beacon of positivity compared to him these days.

Being nostalgic again, I remember in the mid 1990s a superb modern art exhibition called "sensation". Somewhere in London. Anyway, my favourite exhibit was this one from Damian Hirst, absolutely fascinating watching the flies from the cows head fly to the next chamber, and electrocute themselves.

I now have a similar concept in my front room.

Edit: http://www.damienhirst.com/a-thousand-years

Edited by Renton

There's been plenty occasions when I've questioned how I ended up back here. But ultimately, nice city or not, it eventually just becomes the place you work at. And three months of the year was a mandatory 55 hour week.

I think Renton should adopt my username. I'm a beacon of positivity compared to him these days.

Death is sleep. Something I got little off last night after my daughter climbed into our bed and proceeded to kick the shit out of me in her sleep.

Death is sleep. Something I got little off last night after my daughter climbed into our bed and proceeded to kick the shit out of me in her sleep.

Taking her lead from the seagull. You've got a mutiny on your hands, they've seen how weak you are.

There's been plenty occasions when I've questioned how I ended up back here. But ultimately, nice city or not, it eventually just becomes the place you work at. And three months of the year was a mandatory 55 hour week.

I guess I can relate to that. I studied Chinese, lived in Beijing for a year, with the expectation that wherever I ended up, it wouldn't be Newcastle. Not that I don't like Newcastle tbf, it's a lovely city compared to some of the others I've lived in (Beijing being foremost among them) but even so.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to leave soon, but I'm still here and am about to buy a house. I'm fucked :lol: