General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Hi Tajamul,

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into my complaint.  I really appreciate the apology and your response which was as lengthy as it was dissatisfactory.

Although you say you completely understand my frustration and annoyance, you've not been able to placate me any better than Tabitha. The action you have taken to resolve my specific complaint has been exactly the same as her (refund & blaming me), so this is unsurprising. What is alarming is that you feel Tabitha would require any further action action taken against her. 

My complaint is about Amazon, not the people who work there.  When you tell me you will have action taken against her by her manger, this comes across as a tactic to make me feel sympathy for your low paid front line staff who have not made any mistake other than to follow Amazon policy, as you have.  A tactic designed to make me drop it.

The only thing Tabitha got wrong was to call me "Mr Chris", which I explained I personally found endearing. 

Please let's not concentrate on any of the individuals involved here or how they might have handled the complaint better or worse, let's concentrate on what Amazon have done and what Amazon will do to improve.  Not the people, the company.

We have 2 outstanding issues:

1.  The refund I have to wait 5-7 days for will not compensate me for the time, money and stress caused by Amazon dipping into my bank account unasked and without notice and removing £79 for up to a week.  How will Amazon compensate that? Reiterating the details of the refund is not a resolution to this complaint.  Issuing a refund for £79 leaves me as the injured party while Amazon have suffered no cost whatsoever for their mistake.

2. After blaming me for not cancelling a trial, then blaming me for choosing next day delivery on an order, I've now been blamed for clicking on the yellow button saying "Start your 30-day Prime free trial".  Three times Amazon have told me this is my fault, and for the third time I'll reiterate I didn't do anything.  I'm happy to follow the line of thought that I did so unwittingly though and see where that leads us though.  Let's pretend I fell asleep, started sleep walking and spent some time on Amazon while asleep and have no memory of having pressed the button.  Is Amazon's position that a button saying "Start your 30-day Prime free trial"  should instantly remove £79 from someone's bank account when pressed?  Should Amazon not change that button to read "Start your 30-day Prime free trial... well, we say free, we mean £79"? Or generate a warning?  If Amazon aren't willing to accept there's an issue there (either with unprompted membership renewals or with triggers for membership renewal being unclear to users) then they're doomed to repeating the mistake and you and poor Tabitha will have to keep dealing with anally retentive individuals like me.

Many thanks for taking the time to deal with this, I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thanks

Chris

I work with Amazon day in day out as a supplier to them and honestly you're not going to get anything from the front line. Amazon operates like a machine - if it doesn't understand something based on pre-loaded scenarios, it can't comprehend it. So you get people telling you the same stuff and failing to look at the nuances of your question.

They are going to continue thinking this is your fault.

Many thanks for your email Barry.

First, let me apologise to you personally and to everyone at Amazon for the time I've wasted and the misinformed position I have taken.  I very much appreciate the refund I have been given which is more than I deserve given the new information that has come to light.

Please rest assured that I will be coaching my family in use of the firestick and if required further action will be taken against those responsible

Yours sincerely

Chris

Did they trace it back to the Firestick then? You must have actually gone up the chain somewhat to get that level of scrutiny on what happened.

NSA shit this man. Was a drone flying above us at Souter lighthouse today.

CT doesn't live too far away from HF, does he? How! CT! Can you pop round to Chris's house and help him sort his firestick out? He's tried his best but sometimes you just need that extra bit of experience, don't you? Cheers!

:good:

CT doesn't live too far away from HF, does he? How! CT! Can you pop round to Chris's house and help him sort his firestick out? He's tried his best but sometimes you just need that extra bit of experience, don't you? Cheers!

:good:

Nah, he's a north Tyneside chap I think. As it happens I was also at Souter yesterday and at the top of Penshaw.