General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Are you having a stroke? What's that mnemonic, FIRE? 

Shit, Cath's abroad as well, we'll have to send J69 round, he's the closest thing to a proper medical professional, isn't he?

Damn straight, I can write prescriptions and everything these days

Piers Morgan really is a cunt.

He's on Twitter laying into Lance Armstrong totally brushing under the carpet what a fucking cunt he is with his phone hacking and the fact that British Cyclists fucking dope too.

Phone hacking, to go with insider dealing and also publishing faked pictures of UK soldiers abusing prisoners in Bagdad should pretty much preclude Morgan from the role as the front man for his local church fete, let alone any public broadcaster or newspaper.

The worst thing you can do is give that cunt the oxygen of attention. Unfollow.

Yep, same with the likes of Katie Hopkins.

Edited by Alex

@@NJS did you have issues when plugging your phone into your PC and pressing the volume button etc?

No issues with the PC.

Found it a fuck on getting a reset/boot to root to work but got there eventually.

Maybe its your volume button thats the thing that's fucked?

No issues with the PC.

Found it a fuck on getting a reset/boot to root to work but got there eventually.

Maybe its your volume button thats the thing that's fucked?

Sound works with headphones in and I can put vol up and down.

I have a support ticket in so hopefully they sort it soon.

I would like to make a complaint please.

In November 2015 I took part in the 30 day free trial for Amazon Prime.  I cancelled the trial early, so as not to incur any cost.

Today, 8 months later, while I was in a meeting away from any computer, tablet or phone, I received an email from Amazon, confirming my prime membership.

I found this odd, as I had not placed any order for Prime.

I checked my Amazon account this evening to find a receipt for £79.  I have this evening spoken to a representative in Prime over the phone and been provided a refund.  I don't think this representative appreciated my point that a refund isn't really enough in this situation.   I asked to be put through to a complaint handling department, but she didn't put me through to anyone else.  So I am emailing you with my complaint.

So, here it is, I've been left out of pocket and annoyed by 3 things Amazon have done today.

1. You have taken £79 from my bank account when I have a limited budget.  You have told me I will not get a refund for 5 to 7 days.  Not only are you robbing me of interest, but you're leaving me struggling to meet my monthly payments, with a potential to go overdrawn, incurring further costs or miss payments.

2. The advisor I spoke to insisted this was my fault, not Amazon.  She first said that this must have been an auto renewal I failed to cancel.  When I told her of the 8 months that have passed since my free trial, she then claimed I must have asked for next day delivery on an order that has triggered a new prime membership.  A brief look at my account would have shown this was not the case at all.

3.  The advisor I spoke to called me Mr Chris.  I told her I was Mr Holt.  She ignored that and kept calling me Mr Chris, which was actually quite funny to me and not annoying at all, but worth noting for people it might annoy.

I wouldn't mind any of this so much if I wasn't a UK taxpayer already paying more than my fare share to make up for Amazon's tax avoidance.

I'd have filled in the feedback form accessible via the link you sent me, but this isn't really feedback.  I'm not looking to make a contribution to helping you make your company better.  I don't work for you.  This is a complaint.  You have inconvenienced me.  You've cost me time and money.  I don't owe you feedback, you owe me compensation.

Cheers

Chris