General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I'm surprised that the FA would say they don't think it's a political emblem when a huge part of what the British Legion do is to lobby government and they're so vocally proud of what they have achieved politically...

The Legion works tirelessly to promote the interests of the Armed Forces community through high profile lobbying of government and other policymakers. Throughout our history our voice has helped to ensure that the nation provides a fairer deal for its Service personnel, veterans and their families, and this was most famously demonstrated when the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant were written into law in 2011. Other campaign successes include saving the post of Chief Coroner from the Public Bodies Bill in 2010/11 and installing the new Chief Coroner in his post in 2012; defending funding for Disabled Facilities Grants; and ensuring that Armed Forces injury compensation payments are ignored when calculating entitlement for Universal Credit.

https://www.britishlegion.org.uk/media/2259/legion-submission-enquiry-on-transparency-of-lobbying-bill.pdf

The FA position seems less well thought out than that of FIFA.

Personally I'd love to see poppies and Palestinian flags and Argentina's Falklands flags all over games.  It does set a precedent and heighten tensions somewhat  if we happen to have a fixture against Ireland rather than Scotland one November.

I had my front garden gravelled last year but some stuff has grown on it and I can't be arsed to sort it out. The window cleaner mentioned he did shit like that as well so I asked him to do it.

Been asked to help set up and manage the H&S for a charity that provides training to injured veterans. They have been given a building with some land to turn into a training centre and a workshop. They need to gut the building and rebuild it before anything else can start so it's going to be a big time pressure.

I think it's a worthwhile thing to do but I'm really fucking lazy and my own house is a building site, probably end up doing anyway.

Been asked to help set up and manage the H&S for a charity that provides training to injured veterans. They have been given a building with some land to turn into a training centre and a workshop. They need to gut the building and rebuild it before anything else can start so it's going to be a big time pressure.

I think it's a worthwhile thing to do but I'm really fucking lazy and my own house is a building site, probably end up doing anyway.

Politically aware injured veterans or not? That would be key to my decision.