Your favourite stand up comedians?

Toonraider

I have a bit of am epiphany a few years back when I was sat with a load of mates on New years eve having a few drinks watching Chubby Brown before we went out.

I was at a sportsman's dinner with Frank "It's the way I tell them" Carson a few years back and had a similar experience. Couldn't fathom what people were laughing at.

Just recieved the listings for our local theatre and as my son enjoys going to see a stand up show I thought I'd get him a couple tickets to put in with his pressies. So in January its either Jason Manford or Stephen K Amos ;) What do you think? Not a great choice I know :D

Manford definitely. I enjoyed his stand-up.

Dr I rekon you're right. I will walk down to the seafront tomorrow and get the tickets. £21 each :blush:

Just recieved the listings for our local theatre and as my son enjoys going to see a stand up show I thought I'd get him a couple tickets to put in with his pressies. So in January its either Jason Manford or Stephen K Amos ;) What do you think? Not a great choice I know :blush:

Dr I rekon you're right. I will walk down to the seafront tomorrow and get the tickets. £21 each :rolleyes:

Agree with the Doc - definitely Manford.

Saw Peter Kay a couple of weeks ago and was a bit worried that it was going to be a bit shit after seeing him a few years ago but had a class night :D

The only downside was that I didn't get to go to Nando's with manc-mag like I did on a previous Peter Kay evening :(

Just recieved the listings for our local theatre and as my son enjoys going to see a stand up show I thought I'd get him a couple tickets to put in with his pressies. So in January its either Jason Manford or Stephen K Amos ;) What do you think? Not a great choice I know :blush:

Dr I rekon you're right. I will walk down to the seafront tomorrow and get the tickets. £21 each :rolleyes:

Saw Peter Kay a couple of weeks ago and was a bit worried that it was going to be a bit shit after seeing him a few years ago but had a class night :D

The only downside was that I didn't get to go to Nando's with manc-mag like I did on a previous Peter Kay evening :(

I saw him when he was 19 in a pub in Manchester, he was very funny. I've seen him a few times since and he seems to repeat a lot of jokes these days.

Michael McIntyre and John Bishop are my favourite at the moment.

When you go on a date with manc-mag, you go on a date with manc-mag.

Just recieved the listings for our local theatre and as my son enjoys going to see a stand up show I thought I'd get him a couple tickets to put in with his pressies. So in January its either Jason Manford or Stephen K Amos ;) What do you think? Not a great choice I know :rolleyes:

Dr I rekon you're right. I will walk down to the seafront tomorrow and get the tickets. £21 each :(

When you go on a date with manc-mag, you go on a date with manc-mag.

:blush:

You charmer-No expense spent for the Laydeez!

Just watching Dylan Moran now.

Forgot how good he is.

Going to see him at the Hammersmith Apollo in July (last show) ;)

Manford trumps SKA. The latter plays too heavily on the fact he's black and gay for my liking. Too easy and obvious.

Seeing Ross Noble on Monday, looking forward to it.

Saw Bill Bailey and was entertained, but... whelmed. if you know what I mean. He didn't surpass or fail to meet expectations, he was good/bad as I expected and I left feeling entertained, but .. a little short changed, if you know what I mean?

Manford it is!

I'd love to see Dylan, he's the best imo. Plus there is the added bonus of hes gooood to look at too ;)

Cannot stand Ross noble....to 'zany' for me, makes me feel uncomfortable watching him too

• 3 months later...
Went to see Louis CK in Houston this week, absolutely incredible, he is probably my favorite right now, also really enjoying Jim Jefferies too, hopefully he will be round this way soon on tour.

Just watching Hilarious now.

Funny like.

"I'm not saying I'd kill a kid to fuck him, but if I find him dead in a field...."

:icon_lol:

Well the Jim Jeffries gig was an experience ! I've never seen a comedian perform such a risque set, bearing in mind this is the deep south he was doing gags about how dumb American's are, ridiculed christianity, said how he celebrates every 9/11 by playing Jenga and making paper airplanes, he was shitfaced drunk by the end I honestly think he offended everyone lol so much so he paid for the whole audience to have a round of shots in the bar after the show at the meet and greet, where he then proceeded to try and snog my Mrs, he's a total cunt but a very funny one, easily the best stand up comic I've seen live, if you get a chance to see him go for it ! but lock up your Mrs :cuppa:

With her chebs, can you blame him?

:cuppa:

Well, the "twins" were on parade that night too, I was thinking as we waited our turn "this won't end well".

I love Jim Jeffries. His stand up is genius, as are his appearances on Fighting Talk. The Magic Johnson answer was phenomenal.

He's second only to Doug Stanhope for me.

EDIT: I forgot to add Tommy Tiernan, who I saw up here very recently, and David Cross. Probably the four best around at the moment for me.

Edited by Ketsbaia