Purely a rumour but....

peasepud

I'm blaming Roeder by the way, I think I mentioned that earlier.

As I have said elsewhere, Roeder is the one who chose his players and how to spend his money. I have also said that if he is struggling, and Shearer comes in and also struggles, then it will indeed be time for the board to be held accountable for too many wrong appointments. Thats football, and no board survives too many wrong appointments, they can say they backed their managers and hand over a good business to someone else who might make better choices, and if this happens I only hope their successors ARE better - if someone actually wants to run the club and can run it better - because they might not be, its far from automatic.

You know what, I completely agree with that post.

Oh, and Laz, they would ALL have jumped at the chance, as would Malbranque who I missed off the list.

If we'd signed Malbranque and not Duff I think people would have been less than happy.

Unless of course we signed all the others in the list?

However, look at it your way, if it suits your argument.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

As I have said elsewhere, Roeder is the one who chose his players and how to spend his money. I have also said that if he is struggling, and Shearer comes in and also struggles, then it will indeed be time for the board to be held accountable for too many wrong appointments. Thats football, and no board survives too many wrong appointments, they can say they backed their managers and hand over a good business to someone else who might make better choices, and if this happens I only hope their successors ARE better - if someone actually wants to run the club and can run it better - because they might not be, its far from automatic.

Oh, and Laz, they would ALL have jumped at the chance, as would Malbranque who I missed off the list.

If we'd signed Malbranque and not Duff I think people would have been less than happy.

Considering the fact that when we were in for Malbranque the fee mentioned was the same as for Duff...

I don't twist anything to suit my own arguments. In fact, I often find my own arguments mis- or selectively interpreted by others.

Considering the fact that when we were in for Malbranque the fee mentioned was the same as for Duff...

I don't twist anything to suit my own arguments. In fact, I often find my own arguments mis- or selectively interpreted by others.

But again, I mentioned numerous other players who were FREE. Malbranque alongside all of those would have made me happier.

How much did Spurs pay for him?

I would say that Rossi is the only signing we have made that shows any sort of considered thought or planning (ie we didn't have much cash and we need someone to cover a period while Owen is injured).

The rest are all poorly concived or panic buys and the list of players available for free or next to nothing totally confirms this.

It's interesting to compare our transfer window activity to that of the makems (who only had a manager a couple of days before the deadline). They saw that they needed to spend an amount of money on players in the short term to get them out of that division (and they may well of done that). It appears they have money to spend but rather than blowing it all now on big names now they have spent a reasonably small portion on doing the job that needs doing first and keeping a fair amount for if they go up so that this time they stay up.

That shows a hell of a lot more planning than we have managed in the last five years. If we had been so considered there is a fair chance we would be playing european football yesterday or today rather than just managing to scrape through to playing tomorrow.

Fuck me praising the makems planning ahead of ours is not something I ever thought I would be doing!

i'd agree that spending 5m on duff couldve been better spent on a defender in the short term.

but what about long term?

how long will it take the club to recoup that 5m in merchandising?

who will our left sided midfielder next season and the season after that?

how long would huth have lasted before the fans were on his back (a la bramble)?

Spending 5m now on a great midfielder may mean that next season we can send more on a better defender (than say huth at 5m). say next season, how much would a player of duffs ability cost? 10m? 15m?

With club shop prices not fucking long... :D

T_Keith.

Completely off topic, i'm guessing you're a fan of Keef Richards?

Mate of mine has an office next to a guy who does guitar/amp repairs and servicing, he sometimes does the Stones gear. My mate is a big Keef fan so this guy told him to come round and try an amp he had in (belongs to Keef), it was a Watkins 30w. I think it was a class a amp. Rock your boat at all?

Yeh a bit

but thats talking more money than i have :blush:

Don't know what a Watkins amp will cost tbh. Anyway, if you spent less on replica shirts you'd be loaded i reckon ;)

Hmm im not sure.

Plus litterally all my money goes on guitars and amps :blush:

i get home shirts but they last 2 years :gettin:

only cause the away are often minging though

Id quite happily have spent the money we paid for duff on campells or woodgates wages at the minute. Yes hes a good player at a good price, but our best young player in the whole team is now pissed off that we replaced him and we ran out of money to strengthen where we really needed it.

I think Duff ® and Zog (L) is the way forward, sadly at the expense of an aging Nobby. That though is the least of our problems and I see NOT bringing in an available Campbell who suited our needs and budget to the "T" as a shortsighted disaster.

sibierski - great planning

rossi - great planning

no new centre half - great planning

duff was a good buy, but it was hardly a problem position. we bought him because he became available at a good price.

good planning would have been to buy campbell and not to wait until the last week of the window to go for huth and woodgate and then panic buying the likes of siberski, rossi and bernard. that for me is BAD planning.

SHEPHERD OUT

you don't see it do you ? You can't accept the need for one or two short term stop gap players in the real world.

You're so thick, you expect the board to find 50m quid every summer, buy half a team every year....yet you think they are shite ........

;)

Lost irony or what. Priceless.

thick? that's rich coming from the man who defends the chairman's actions this summer.

SHEPHERD OUT

rossi - great planning

duff was a good buy, but it was hardly a problem position. we bought him because he became available at a good price.

good planning would have been to buy campbell and not to wait until the last week of the window to go for huth and woodgate and then panic buying the likes of siberski, rossi and bernard. that for me is BAD planning.

SHEPHERD OUT

you don't see it do you ? You can't accept the need for one or two short term stop gap players in the real world.

You're so thick, you expect the board to find 50m quid every summer, buy half a team every year....yet you think they are shite ........

;)

thick? that's rich coming from the man who defends the chairman's actions this summer.

SHEPHERD OUT

As I've said before, blokes like you will moan on like fuckwit manu fans do, regardless of what the club do. I never thought I would see the day NUFC fans whinged on like manu fans. Which is a sign of raised expectations - but you are too thick to see it or understand it.

You are also too thick to understand that if you think in the real world our board is shit, then you wouldn't know one if they slapped you in the face with a wet fish.

You could - maybe - slightly raise my opinion of your attitudes if you commented like an adult on what you seriously think the club were able to do this summer, how much money you think they had, and how they should have alternatively spent it, instead of forever bleating on about how you - hugely ironcally and stupidly - expect a shite board to spend a shitload of money every summer that isn't there.

rossi - great planning

SHEPHERD OUT

;)

SHEPHERD OUT

As I've said before, blokes like you will moan on like fuckwit manu fans do, regardless of what the club do. I never thought I would see the day NUFC fans whinged on like manu fans. Which is a sign of raised expectations - but you are too thick to see it or understand it.

You are also too thick to understand that if you think in the real world our board is shit, then you wouldn't know one if they slapped you in the face with a wet fish.

You could - maybe - slightly raise my opinion of your attitudes if you commented like an adult on what you seriously think the club were able to do this summer, how much money you think they had, and how they should have alternatively spent it, instead of forever bleating on about how you - hugely ironcally and stupidly - expect a shite board to spend a shitload of money every summer that isn't there.

Cant stop myself.

What a load of sh*t really LM your refusal to face up to the truth is as bad as everyone saying Souness would get it right. You are the Shepherd equivalent of everything you hated in the Souness backers. Spouting meaningless drivel and ignoring all arguments put your way. One trick pony is a phrase that springs to mind (In wheezy old ma voice) "When I were a youngun and McKeag were the chairman" etc etc ad infinitum.

Back to putting words in people's mouths then? Btw, I reckon there was about £20million kicking around, seen as we spent £15million and bid for Huth too.

I just don't understand it all - was Milner part of the Huth money? How come we were able to bid for Bridge so late?

Back to putting words in people's mouths then? Btw, I reckon there was about £20million kicking around, seen as we spent £15million and bid for Huth too.

I just don't understand it all - was Milner part of the Huth money? How come we were able to bid for Bridge so late?

And Viduka and Knight?

rossi - great planning

SHEPHERD OUT

;)

SHEPHERD OUT

I've (along with MANY others) stated the argument way too many times, and you don't come up with ANY from of cogent rebutal, it's now a "yes they are, no they're not" argument and as such is a waste of time.

30 years ago or today, little difference in prospects or chances squandered, BECAUSE of miss-management.

30 years ago there never was the opportunity for the board to waste millions, today the fact that the current incumbents have, is criminal (which may soon prove to be more than metaphoric given current news stories)

Edited by Toonpack

rossi - great planning

SHEPHERD OUT

;)

SHEPHERD OUT

you're starting to get really fucking boring now. we've had this debate about a thousand times before and i'm far too busy at work today to get into another one.

at the end of the day day leazes, you are in a minority of one on this board when it comes to your unwavering defence of shepherd. are we all thick fuckwit man u clones on this board? or has your argument died on its arse and you are too proud or stupid to admit you were wrong?

SHEPHERD OUT

rossi - great planning

SHEPHERD OUT

;)

SHEPHERD OUT

you're starting to get really fucking boring now. we've had this debate about a thousand times before and i'm far too busy at work today to get into another one.

at the end of the day day leazes, you are in a minority of one on this board when it comes to your unwavering defence of shepherd. are we all thick fuckwit man u clones on this board? or has your argument died on its arse and you are too proud or stupid to admit you were wrong?

SHEPHERD OUT

AH!! but 30 years ago...........................................................

30 years ago or today, little difference in prospects or chances squandered, BECAUSE of miss-management.

30 years ago there never was the opportunity for the board to waste millions, today the fact that the current incumbents have, is criminal (which may soon prove to be more than metaphoric given current news stories)

Summed up nicely I think.

A mates brother knows Charlie and apparently he's far from happy. He's on peanuts and doesn't see his future at left wing.

Only a matter of time before Wenger sticks his peadophilic oar in I reckon.

He's a right miserable cunt as well apparently.

"taxi for shepherd"

rossi - great planning

SHEPHERD OUT

;)

SHEPHERD OUT

SHEPHERD OUT

Shame, but I think you are boring. I also don't give a shit if I am in a minority of one on this board, because I think I am right. Since when does not agreeing with a few dozen or so people on a message board make you wrong :blush:

Now THAT conclusion of yours, shows EXACTLY how thick and naive you are.