What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

:D Seriously though, I'm no CT when it comes to alternative music, but if I want to listen to a man shouting atonally for between two and eighteen minutes I can go to Lewisham High Street whenever I want to.

:lol: You might have a point.

i'm with meenzer when it comes to the fall.

i love the cure's 80s stuff though - particularly their post-punk boys don't cry/killing an arab, 10.15 on a saturday night era.

love the bassline on this gem

Used to love Ministry. Faith No More were fucking mint too, if we're talking 80s shit.

FTM were class like, still listen to them now.

I think anyone here who knows music knows the 80s produced some cracking stuff. I think everyone is missing the point though in that we were talking about CT saying he loved the 80s music and I pretty much guarantee thats not what we're on about when we say the decent stuff :lol:

I've a box of vinyl in my garage and I've been threatening to get a player for far too long and then start adding to my collection. Our lass isnt too keen on the idea mind :lol:

Most of my stuff was on tape and thats long gone sadly. Still have some good stuff though. Album covers were a thing then as well. I remember thinking the Beatles White Album was meant to be covered in random images until I realised my Dad had covered it in bizarre stickers.

FTM were class like, still listen to them now.

I think anyone here who knows music knows the 80s produced some cracking stuff. I think everyone is missing the point though in that we were talking about CT saying he loved the 80s music and I pretty much guarantee thats not what we're on about when we say the decent stuff :lol:

They were brilliant, still listen to The Real Thing, Introduce Yourself and Angel Dust. Think they lost a little something after that. I know Jim Martin left and he think he was important to their sound, even if he seemed anachronistic in the context of his band mates.

i'm with meenzer when it comes to the fall.

i love the cure's 80s stuff though - particularly their post-punk boys don't cry/killing an arab, 10.15 on a saturday night era.

love the bassline on this gem

When I was in my teens in bands, we did a cover of this. :lol: Mainly cos it was a piece of piss to play.

there were indeed some class indie bands around in the 80s, most of which i got into in the early 90s - blur, inspiral carpets, james, pavement, the la's, the wonder stuff, stone roses et al - but there was a lot of shite around as well.

Tbh, there is a lot of decent music from all decades, it's a matter of finding stuff and not relying on anything that involves a top ## chart.

Something new for you Alex.

Really like that. Reminds me of something else but I can't remember what exactly atm.

Edit: bit like some DeepChord stuff but with drums.

Edited by Alex

Got to be Juan's Magic Mix of Big Fun if we're talking Inner City, Gloom (not that yours isn't a quality track). Had a bit of crush on Neneh Cherry too