What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

October was semi-ruined by the lyric book being nicked just before recording which meant it was a bit half-arsed - they should have delayed it to allow more writing.

That rings a bell actually, think I read it...http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unforgettable-Fire-Story-Eamon-Dunphy/dp/0140107665/ref=sr_1_154?ie=UTF8&qid=1437490044&sr=8-154&keywords=u2+book

Its a pity Bono disappeared up his own arse a couple of decades ago, they were properly good in the 80s and early 90s. This is one of their best for me, probably the last decent song they releaed iyam..

Edited by PaddockLad

:lol: this track in particular, but the whole of Axewound Baby was the soundtrack to me bombing around Northern Spain for the summer in a softop jeep with a English/Danish girlfriend in 1992.

Cracking times.

the thing they did with Pavarotti about holding a beauty paegeant during the siege of Sarajaevo is heartbreakingly great...Bono phoned some lass in the city live from the stage every night he was on stage during one of their mid nineties tours..

Two words: Crowded House. Now shut it.

They're only 66% Australian, 50% when Tim joined them for an album or two.

Like Toonotl, they were from East Australia when it suited them.

Btw saw them live in 1988 with a couple of hundred people.

Remember going to the city hall one wet Sunday night in October 1987 I think it was £5 to see Faster Pussycat & another band called Guns 'N' Roses they only opened downstairs the balconies were closed. By the time they returned to the North East to play Gateshead Stadium they were the biggest band on the planet. The album Appetite for Destruction is the biggest debut selling album of all time.

Edited by trooper

One of the best gigs I ever went to was Alice Cooper The Nightmare Returns tour in 1986 he may not have the best voice in the world but he certainly knows how to put on a show . I've seen him a few times I've seen him hung and electrocuted but that night they guillotined him and he still came back for an encore just goes to show you can't keep a bad man down.

Another great show was Kiss on their Crazy Nights tour in 1988 at The City Hall no costumes,no lights,no make up no support act just 3 guys playing guitars and one playing drums they played 2 sets and we're brilliant. I had to wait until Donington 1996 to see the full Kiss show with all the original members .

About time you got on to Father John Misty, Gemmill. For anyone that's heard the Tame Impala new one, are you having the same reaction as me? As in, finding the production and the songs really interesting for about half of their run-time and then getting very bored? Maybe I need to be absolutely spangled.

The Bird and Bee's new album is enjoyable, mind. 35 minutes, very tightly crafted new wave songs.

I liked Wet Wet Wet's 'Popped in, Souled out' album back in about 1987. Shame they fucked about with shit like love is all around and goodnight girl to target a more CT-ish audience and faded away.

Anyone who can't appreciate this tune is a wanker........

I liked Wet Wet Wet's 'Popped in, Souled out' album back in about 1987. Shame they fucked about with shit like love is all around and goodnight girl to target a more CT-ish audience and faded away.

Anyone who can't appreciate this tune is a wanker........

:lol:

Marti Pellow's fucking grinning mug and "aal owa Hexham" vocals put me firmly in the Shaky Wrist Club.

I tell you what trooper, axel rose was a massive bell end but sweet child of mine still sounds mint today[/quote

I agree mate I think the only thing stopping a reunion is Axls pig headedness I remember Sebastian Bach (Skid Row) singer supporting gnr and asking Axl "were he'd been" he was 2 hours late Axl replied "having a shower man" I've heard of keep them waiting but what a pass take that was.