What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Looking back on it the Shamen stuff was amazingly well layered.

Yep, a layer of E, a layer of spliff, another layer of E, a beer, a layer of speed and topped off with a gold top mushroom.

"The Most Lamentable Tragedy is the product of one of the best punk bands of our time making music in their prime, and when you factor in the level of ambition present, you’re left with a rock opera for the ages"

"Sad, contemplative and euphoric in equal measure, The Most Lamentable Tragedy is a true triumph."

"TMLT feels like the Titus Andronicus record par excellence, it pushes and shoves at the boundaries of what such a record could or should conceivably sound like."

"their mastery of nearly every rock style is pretty staggering. There are Hüsker Dü hardcore punk blasts, Thin Lizzy dueling guitars, Elvis Costello wordplays-and-whimsies, Bruce Springsteen hopeful grandiosities—and Titus Andronicus is capable of making all of them sound like they came up with all this stuff first."

The new Titus Andronicus is highly recommended.

I love More Perfect Union (not to be mistaken with A More Perfect union off their last one... which was also top class).

Like the sound of that so went to spotify...there's a picture of the band, one of them has one of the worst beards I've ever seen and the app won't offer me the option of playing the tracks in order, only on shuffle.... I hate my life....

Edited by PaddockLad

The new Titus Andronicus is highly recommended.

I love More Perfect Union (not to be mistaken with A More Perfect union off their last one... which was also top class).

Ta, I've been enjoying this this morning off your recommendation. I've got a fairly low "this is just noise" threshold so I didn't expect to like it, but even in the more noisy moments it's plenty melodic enough.

there's a picture of the band, one of them has one of the worst beards I've ever seen

I didn't know what they looked like. Loved them for years, 3 albums in a row, but never seen them live and their album art has no pics. Just looked and they are proper collection of dweebs and weirdos like. Like a rustic Hot Chip. They sound much more nails.

Ta, I've been enjoying this this morning off your recommendation. I've got a fairly low "this is just noise" threshold so I didn't expect to like it, but even in the more noisy moments it's plenty melodic enough.

Champion, glad it's hit the spot.

For anyone that's heard the Tame Impala new one, are you having the same reaction as me? As in, finding the production and the songs really interesting for about half of their run-time and then getting very bored?

Not even that, to be honest.