3 year old girl gone missing in portugal

Smooth Operator

My mother used to leave me in a pram outside shops, in the early 70's. I would always be sleeping on my stomach and she tells me she would come out of the shop and find people turning me over.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my sisters got married in the same church as the McCanns.

Anyway, I think they have been given a lot of sympathy due to their class. Imagine if they were a working class family on holiday in Benidorm, and the parents left the kid(s) alone whilst they went out on the lash in the nightclubs. The newspapers would tear them to shreds and turn them into sausages. But because they're doctors, lawyers or whatever, everyone is offering all the help they can. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

And rightly so. :lol:

As far as I remember, didn't they leave her in the flat when they went for a meal? Not the same as leaving her on her own all night, and my parents admit they frequently did the same to me when I was Maddy's age. Perhaps they were being naive and a bit careless but it's easy to demonise them with hindsight. No-one regrets that decision more than they do.

is that how you're a raving Bio?

From a parental perspective, it must be heart-wrenching for the McCanns to see this lad reunited with his family while Madelaine's whereabouts are still unanswered.

Madeline's mother knows exacty what happened. You can tell by the cold, dead eyes. imo.

This.

I can't believe they still haven't been prosecuted fro neglect, laughing at the nation as a whole imo.

Prosecuted for neglect ? Why not. It would start a precedent. They have paid a high price though, maybe more than enough.

What intrigues me - if that is the right word - is why they didn't pay for a childminder or a carer, when they are both well off. Leaving their daughter like that in a foreign place too.

She might know what happened, but it will haunt her for ever. I feel sorry for them, I think if anything they have made a mistake and would do anything to turn the clock back.

Tend to agree with people saying they've been punished horribly with whats happened and will regret it for the rest of their lives so adding a prosecution to that is maybe a bit far.

But i don't think its ever acceptable to be leaving kids of that age alone, especially when you're away from home, it would be bad enough leaving them unsupervised in your own house. You choose to have kids and there are sacrifices that come with that, annd one of them is having to look after them all the time when they're too young to do that themselves.

From a parental perspective, it must be heart-wrenching for the McCanns to see this lad reunited with his family while Madelaine's whereabouts are still unanswered.

Madeline's mother knows exacty what happened. You can tell by the cold, dead eyes. imo.

This.

I can't believe they still haven't been prosecuted fro neglect, laughing at the nation as a whole imo.

Prosecuted for neglect ? Why not. It would start a precedent. They have paid a high price though, maybe more than enough.

What intrigues me - if that is the right word - is why they didn't pay for a childminder or a carer, when they are both well off. Leaving their daughter like that in a foreign place too.

She might know what happened, but it will haunt her for ever. I feel sorry for them, I think if anything they have made a mistake and would do anything to turn the clock back.

I don't think we'll ever find out the truth about what went on that night, but I can't help feeling theres something sinister going on. I just wish Gemmil would return Maddy, a jokes a joke but fucking hell.

Back to the present, our government's policy and the advice it gives to others is to not pay ransoms to kidnappers. In the case of this lad, the ransom was paid. A short while later the kid is back with his family, the baddies are in the slammer and to put the icing on the cake, the ransom money was returned.

Yeah, paying ransoms is bullshit...

Edited by luckyluke

This.

I don't think we'll ever find out the truth about what went on that night, but I can't help feeling theres something sinister going on. I just wish Gemmil would return Maddy, a jokes a joke but fucking hell.

:lol: You tiny tit.

How comes little Sahil Saeed hasn't been on the front page of the Sun every day for the past fortnight?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8569501.stm

It's a puzzler.

:lol:

speaking of, I like the outcome of that story

the lads back home, his captors have been caught and it featured worldwide cooperation and competence in being dealt with

makes me feel slightly more hopeful

Back to the present, our government's policy and the advice it gives to others is to not pay ransoms to kidnappers. In the case of this lad, the ransom was paid. A short while later the kid is back with his family, the baddies are in the slammer and to put the icing on the cake, the ransom money was returned.

Yeah, paying ransoms is bullshit...

it encourages others to kidnap and hold to ransom. You do get this don't you ? I'm sure in this one case, the family etc of the kid are happy but you have to look at the bigger picture.

If we see hijackers start to hijack aircraft again in demand for ransom money, what would you do ?

Thing is Leazes, is it clear if the ransom wasn't simply the bait to snare the kidnappers upon.

I'd have no problem passing cash to hijackers if it lead directly to their incarceration and was recouped

This.

:lol: You tiny tit.

file0005tt6.jpg

My mother used to leave me in a pram outside shops, in the early 70's. I would always be sleeping on my stomach and she tells me she would come out of the shop and find people turning me over.

Gary Glitter did not live near you did he? :icon_lol: