José Enrique

Baggio

I don't blame him at all. Why would Enrique not want to play at a much higher level than us, when he can? Our owner's lack of ambition is the main reason he'll leave, if in fact this is true. Since Ashley's break even strategy is to buy players cheap and sell high, it won't surprise me one iota if he's sold in the summer (which I think he will be).

15 mill is a good price for a LB, as it happens. It's the signal it sends about our lack of ambition that depresses me. The best we can hope for is that the money for him and Carroll is reinvested in the squad on emerging/proven talent, instead of the likes of Sol and Shefki.

Am sure that is an issue but a much more simplistic view would say the reason he 'wants away' is because someone else 'wants him'. I really dont understand how anyone can say that Enrique has decided in the last 2 months to leave the club because of the shit owners <_< What planet has he been living on for the last 2 years? Has he just realised they are wankers?

Nah. The reason he wants away is because his performances have alerted other clubs to his quality and his agent is advising him not to re-sign with us. The idea that Enrique has just realised the extent of the ambition of the club doesnt make much sense to me.

The two go hand in hand though, his performances have alerted other clubs and he knows he has no chance of winning anything at all ever as long as hes here. If we showed ambition then he may well have stayed.

I don't blame him at all. Why would Enrique not want to play at a much higher level than us, when he can? Our owner's lack of ambition is the main reason he'll leave, if in fact this is true. Since Ashley's break even strategy is to buy players cheap and sell high, it won't surprise me one iota if he's sold in the summer (which I think he will be).

15 mill is a good price for a LB, as it happens. It's the signal it sends about our lack of ambition that depresses me. The best we can hope for is that the money for him and Carroll is reinvested in the squad on emerging/proven talent, instead of the likes of Sol and Shefki.

Am sure that is an issue but a much more simplistic view would say the reason he 'wants away' is because someone else 'wants him'. I really dont understand how anyone can say that Enrique has decided in the last 2 months to leave the club because of the shit owners <_< What planet has he been living on for the last 2 years? Has he just realised they are wankers?

Nah. The reason he wants away is because his performances have alerted other clubs to his quality and his agent is advising him not to re-sign with us. The idea that Enrique has just realised the extent of the ambition of the club doesnt make much sense to me.

Perhaps Enrique might think twice about going somewhere like Liverpool if NUFC was going places. As it is it's a no-brainer to follow his agent's advice. He won't get the wages, international profile or prospect of playing with marquee players at NUFC, and there's not a lot of chance of that changing in the near future either.

We're not going places and we havent been for a long time. Our ambition at the start of this season was survival, that hasnt changed, he knew that was the ambition and it remains that. Nothing has changed for us, the club or him.

Exactly. That's why he'll piss off the minute he gets a better offer. If the owners had shown the ambition to improve the club he might have thought twice if he thought we might compete. As it is it's a no brainer to go somewhere like Liverpool, let alone a CL club.

The two go hand in hand though, his performances have alerted other clubs and he knows he has no chance of winning anything at all ever as long as hes here. If we showed ambition then he may well have stayed.

which is such an absolute no-brainer, its difficult to see how anybody can see any other reason.

which is such an absolute no-brainer, its difficult to see how anybody can see any other reason.

The point that was being made was that 'Enrique now wants away because he has just realised that the club lacks ambition'.

First of all, he'd have to be spectacularly stupid for him just to have realised this before, especially since at the start of the season EVERYBODY associated with the club said the ambition was survival.

Secondly and the point PP is missing, is that he we have shown no ambition in previous seasons and been relegated, if this was all that mattered, he would have left then. The only thing thats changed: other club's perception of his worth/his deal up for renewal.

If you dont agree i guess you are arguing that Ashley showed ambition in 2008/9 (and in 2010) and it just disappeared when we sold Carroll. Now Enrique thinks we have no ambition but before he did?

Of course if we showed ambition, we might be able to persuade him to stay but as you say LM, thats never going to happen.

The point that was being made was that 'Enrique now wants away because he has just realised that the club lacks ambition'.

First of all, he'd have to be spectacularly stupid for him just to have realised this before, especially since at the start of the season EVERYBODY associated with the club said the ambition was survival.

Secondly and the point PP is missing, is that he we have shown no ambition in previous seasons and been relegated, if this was all that mattered, he would have left then. The only thing thats changed: other club's perception of his worth/his deal up for renewal.

If you dont agree i guess you are arguing that Ashley showed ambition in 2008/9 (and in 2010) and it just disappeared when we sold Carroll. Now Enrique thinks we have no ambition but before he did?

Of course if we showed ambition, we might be able to persuade him to stay but as you say LM, thats never going to happen.

I'm agreeing/disagreeing....the point is that his contract is now over next year, and he has now shown his value in the premiership. So far as "ambition" goes, footballers aren't exactly noted for their brains on occasions, if he has only just realised ie since the sale of Carroll, the club has zero ambition, he's got plenty of company, among lots of people who still haven't got the brains to realise that.

no surprise to me. redscousecunts are desperate for a LB and Enrique is, if not the best, then at least in the top 2 LB in the country.

I'll be sad to see him go but he needs to leave to further his career.

What aout furthering his career at NUFC. We get larger attendances than all but 2 teams that will finish above us. Liverpool don't have CL football this season or next or for the foreseeable so what makes them a massive step forward?

Had it been a genuine top 4 Club here or across Europe I'd buy the 'further his career' excuse.

He'll go there for one reason only. Which brings it back to Ashleys policy of uy cheap sell expensive.

he's going to further his career, and not just money mate. They have so much money, it isn't that important. He wants to play for a club that want to win things and play in the Champions League, keep their best players and bring in other top players to play with their current best players.

We don't do that anymore. It's THAT simple. Mike Ashley, like the owner of any big football club, had a choice. He's made it.

Havent they just sold one of their best players for 50 million? <_<

(I know what you mean though)

To be fair, the sale of Carroll with no replacements was a pretty spectacular public confirmation of the lack of ambition. That, the cut price contract negotiations for other players, and his agent in his ear will all contribute to him going.

no surprise to me. redscousecunts are desperate for a LB and Enrique is, if not the best, then at least in the top 2 LB in the country.

I'll be sad to see him go but he needs to leave to further his career.

What aout furthering his career at NUFC. We get larger attendances than all but 2 teams that will finish above us. Liverpool don't have CL football this season or next or for the foreseeable so what makes them a massive step forward?

Had it been a genuine top 4 Club here or across Europe I'd buy the 'further his career' excuse.

He'll go there for one reason only. Which brings it back to Ashleys policy of uy cheap sell expensive.

he's going to further his career, and not just money mate. They have so much money, it isn't that important. He wants to play for a club that want to win things and play in the Champions League, keep their best players and bring in other top players to play with their current best players.

We don't do that anymore. It's THAT simple. Mike Ashley, like the owner of any big football club, had a choice. He's made it.

Havent they just sold one of their best players for 50 million? <_<

(I know what you mean though)

I'm glad that you do.

LM is absolutely spot on, whether they have CL football or not, the fact they spent £35m on Carroll and £23m on Suarez shows serious intent by the owners to get the club back into the top 4. Why wouldnt a player who's given a lot for our cause including relegation and helping us get promoted, want to stay at the club not really pushing for anything when he can go to a club who are pushing to get back into the greatest club competition in the world!?

It's a bitter bitter pill to swallow but the fact is Liverpool are a club hell bent on trying to get back to where they feel they belong. Something we should aspire to.

Id love him to stay, he for me is the only major player i think could possibly leave in the summer. Cant see Tiote, Barton, Nolan or alike leaving. If we got 15 mil for him, that and the 35mil from Carroll then if we spend anything less than 40mil theres going to be uproar.

Theres no way we can take in that kind of money and justify not spending it, especially when its already evident that we NEED at least 5 players as it is.

I do however thing that we will spend quite a bit in the summer, its time for ashley to show his hand. Or fuck off.

40mil = 1x Quality striker 10mil (From europe likely) 4x Young promising squad players 5mil and a LB 10mil

We can live in hope.

for fuck's sake, i'm getting bored of reading this drivel. he's not going to spend anywhere near that, just accept it.

LM is absolutely spot on, whether they have CL football or not, the fact they spent £35m on Carroll and £23m on Suarez shows serious intent by the owners to get the club back into the top 4. Why wouldnt a player who's given a lot for our cause including relegation and helping us get promoted, want to stay at the club not really pushing for anything when he can go to a club who are pushing to get back into the greatest club competition in the world!?

It's a bitter bitter pill to swallow but the fact is Liverpool are a club hell bent on trying to get back to where they feel they belong. Something we should aspire to.

<_<

We'll be lucky to see ten million spent and it will be the same old shite when the window shuts. "We went in for 'insert name' but because clubs know we have money to spend we were being quoted stupid fees, we will not be held to ransom" or some shit like that.

We'll be lucky to see ten million spent and it will be the same old shite when the window shuts. "We went in for 'insert name' but because clubs know we have money to spend we were being quoted stupid fees, we will not be held to ransom" or some shit like that.

exactly

the fact they spent £35m on Carroll and £23m on Suarez shows serious intent by the owners to get the club back into the top 4.

I'm not really disagreeing with your fundamental underlying point here but let's not make out that their owners went and spent £57m of their own money. They reinvested the £50m they made by selling Torres and then paid a little extra.

So Enrique is a done deal, we've already been warned Tiote is probably off by Pardew and Barton wont sign a new contract if we sell our best players?

Claaaassssss!

When? <_<

I think if Enrique has made it clear he wants to go we cant keep him and then the other player will accept that its out of our hands. Its more a case of who we get in through the summer which will decide if other players (Barton, Nolan, Colo and Jonas) will sign new deals.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

He did murmur something of the sort iirc, and aye signing a new contract means fuck all. I don't think Tiote will be away though hopefully selling Enrique will be enough for the fat bollock.

the fact they spent £35m on Carroll and £23m on Suarez shows serious intent by the owners to get the club back into the top 4.

I'm not really disagreeing with your fundamental underlying point here but let's not make out that their owners went and spent £57m of their own money. They reinvested the £50m they made by selling Torres and then paid a little extra.

The difference being whether Ashley will spend the money made from selling Carrol and Enrique plus a little extra.

They got another £8 mill or so for that dutch (I think) winger/striker who's name escapes me.