The official Deadline day transfer thread

Jimbo

Free fucking transfer??? Jesus flying fuck! Okay, now my piss is really boiling, letting Nobby go is bad enough - especially to them wankers at West Ham - but on a free? I'm speechless, my estimations of Sam and the new board have suddenly gone down a tad. That's put a real black mark on what was looking to be a promising start of a new era for me. Grrrrrrrrr! :lol:

The lad was desperate to go south, plus he wasn't in Sam's plans. Would you fell better if we got 500K for him?

Perhaps a little, Nobby's let us down in my eyes, not only has he fucked off for no good reason he's joined them pricks at West Ham. £500k might have helped ease it but nobby going has added to our problem now of lacking creativity in midfield and the more of these big bruisers Sam brings in the more I'm concerned we're turning in to Bolton... he's not helping banish the jibes about him being a long ball manager either.

I see what your getting at, but i'm not afraid yet about Sam's style. He already said that in his first year he will concentrate on the defensive side, trying to make us harder to beat. But further on I would like to see a real quality midfield general in our side.

Tbh Nobby wasn't the player who would eventually solved our creativity problems, because I don't think sam would have played him.

Btw .cock says an "undisclosed fee", so he didn't go for free.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Free fucking transfer??? Jesus flying fuck! Okay, now my piss is really boiling, letting Nobby go is bad enough - especially to them wankers at West Ham - but on a free? I'm speechless, my estimations of Sam and the new board have suddenly gone down a tad. That's put a real black mark on what was looking to be a promising start of a new era for me. Grrrrrrrrr! :lol:

The lad was desperate to go south, plus he wasn't in Sam's plans. Would you fell better if we got 500K for him?

Perhaps a little, Nobby's let us down in my eyes, not only has he fucked off for no good reason he's joined them pricks at West Ham. £500k might have helped ease it but nobby going has added to our problem now of lacking creativity in midfield and the more of these big bruisers Sam brings in the more I'm concerned we're turning in to Bolton... he's not helping banish the jibes about him being a long ball manager either.

Being closer to your family is more than a valid reason.

As for Big Sam's style of play I could not care one bit if it gets us results.

I see what your getting at, but i'm not afraid yet about Sam's style. He already said that in his first year he will concentrate on the defensive side, trying to make us harder to beat. But further on I would like to see a real quality midfield general in our side.

Tbh Nobby wasn't the player who would eventually solved our creativity problems, because I don't think sam would have played him.

Btw .cock says an "undisclosed fee", so he didn't go for free.

Actually, that's made me a little better, I guess it's not all bad. Thinking about i suppose if he's going tostart playing for Peru again he'll benipping over to South America every chance he gets too.

I don't agree with that at all. If his family was in a different country then fair enough but it was their choice to live in London. For the short time a footballer's career lasts I'd expect their family to live near them, not vice versa. It's part of the problem with today's game, as much as I hate Roy Keane it's pretty much what he was saying and I believe Sam agreed as well. Shows a lack of comitment in my eyes.

I don't agree with that at all. If his family was in a different country then fair enough but it was their choice to live in London. For the short time a footballer's career lasts I'd expect their family to live near them, not vice versa. It's part of the problem with today's game, as much as I hate Roy Keane it's pretty much what he was saying and I believe Sam agreed as well. Shows a lack of comitment in my eyes.

ISn't it to be with the family that his cheating, trumpet-playing fingers split up? Good Luck to him if he is trying to save the scraps of his marriage - She will make life hell for the little man if she takes him back =/

Family should become before anything in my eyes and I think many would agree with me. Okay, if he'd moved up here for a season then his wife had spat her dummy out and made him move back down south then you'd have a point but he's been here for nearly 9 years, barring his move to Villa.

He wants to be closer to his kids, I don't think anyone with a sensible bone in their body would put career before family, especially if there was a job that paid just aswell down there.

EDIT - I know he's not been here ten years but surely Nobby is worthy of some form of testimonial? A brilliant player with a commitment to the club and love of the area.

Edited by Skol

ISn't it to be with the family that his cheating, trumpet-playing fingers split up? Good Luck to him if he is trying to save the scraps of his marriage - She will make life hell for the little man if she takes him back =/

It's more for the kids IIRC. She moved away and took the kids with her.

8pm: PORTSMOUTH midfielder Gary O'Neil has failed a medical at Middlesbrough.:lol:

11.23pm: GARETH SOUTHGATE confirms that Gary O'Neil has signed for Middlesbrough.

unlucky them, they fought they had got their right mid problem solved, and hes injured :lol:

Well thats five african players, on our books now, lets hope nigeria and senegal does'nt go to the ANC, or we could be pretty fuked come january.

Apart from having to play Carr again I think the ANC wont be too much of a strain on our squad.

11.30pm: FULHAM have taken striker Seol Ki-Hyeon in a swap deal that sees Reading defender Liam Rosenior move the other way.

A thought he was one of Reading's main star too, well it looks like hes going downhill :lol:

I'm reserving judgement on Nobby until I found out what his ex does for a living. He said she moved for career reasons. If she has a job which is "normal" ie one where the contribution of his salary makes it nothing more than a hobby and theres no real reason to shift to London than I feel no sympathy towards him - he should have increased her money for the ONE YEAR of his remaining contract to persuade her not to move.

I know I sound cold but you can't tell me that an extra £60k say in her pocket wouldn't have put her career on hold.

at the end of last season I wanted two new fullbacks to be in the 1st eleven, I wanted strength in depth at center half and I wanted depth up front.

I'm very pleased withthe transfers this year, no "Trophy" signings, signings in the right area we don't look like we've been ripped off for anyone.

the biggest fees were for Barton and Smith, both proven at Premiership level, the rest were modest or nominal.

A squad from the following does not look too shabby at all.

------------------Given/Harper

Beye/Carr Rozenhal Taylor/Cacapa Enrique/Edgar

Milner/Barton/Geremi/Smith/Emre/Butt/Duff/N'Zogbia

----------Owen/Martins/Viduka/Ameobi

With players like Smith, Geremi, Milner and N'Zogbia able to play in more than one position we've the core group of players which, with a little tinkering over the next year or so, should be able to produce on the pitch, without filling the back pages with embarrassing moments. There's a decent mix of youth and experience as well. Beye and Cacapa were both Captains.. Barton too, I think.

I'm becoming worryingly positive about this season.

at the end of last season I wanted two new fullbacks to be in the 1st eleven, I wanted strength in depth at center half and I wanted depth up front.

I'm very pleased withthe transfers this year, no "Trophy" signings, signings in the right area we don't look like we've been ripped off for anyone.

the biggest fees were for Barton and Smith, both proven at Premiership level, the rest were modest or nominal.

A squad from the following does not look too shabby at all.

------------------Given/Harper

Beye/Carr Rozenhal/Faye Taylor/Cacapa Enrique/Edgar

Milner/Barton/Geremi/Smith/Emre/Butt/Duff/N'Zogbia

----------Owen/Martins/Viduka/Ameobi

With players like Smith, Geremi, Milner and N'Zogbia able to play in more than one position we've the core group of players which, with a little tinkering over the next year or so, should be able to produce on the pitch, without filling the back pages with embarrassing moments. There's a decent mix of youth and experience as well. Beye and Cacapa were both Captains.. Barton too, I think.

I'm becoming worryingly positive about this season.

:lol: Howay man, keep up

Well thats five african players, on our books now, lets hope nigeria and senegal does'nt go to the ANC, or we could be pretty fuked come january.

Apart from having to play Carr again I think the ANC wont be too much of a strain on our squad.

maybe not, but with owen and viduka both quite injury prone, that could leave us with smith and shola up front, away to man u and arsenal, which probably are matches, we wont get anything from anyway

Nobby's let us down in my eyes, not only has he fucked off for no good reason..........................

Bollocks, he's fucked off for the best reason in the world, to be closer to his children. There is no better reason than I can think of. His wife left him for whatever reason and took his kids to London, more power to Nobby for wanting to be nearer to them.

Aye its a shame to see nobby leave, but its fair enough really. One of my favourite players at the club over the last 10 years. But, new start for all etc under the new man. I have alot of faith in Sam and considering what we were being told last summer/winter about how hard it is to mak signings and "do deals" I think quality/£ we musy have hd one of the best windows for a long time. You can see he has started building at the back and we look much better for it. Sure, I agree like many we could do with more creativity in the centre but that will come. Lets get the back four playing well together, see how Barton slots in when he is back and so on. We do need to be patient, but Im happy with the squad given Sam hasnt been with us long and we can see us heading the right way.

I`m pretty happy with our signings, BS has done what neither souness or Roeder did by adding some steel and adressing our defensive issues. No token signings or so called superstars but players who want to win. I dont think losing Nobby is going to effect us as Zog,Milner,Duff,Barton and even Emre will offer options in attacking midfield roles. :lol: