Sunday Paper gossip

Jimbo

Carrick is worth whatever Man U wan't in my opinion because he is going to be central to any future team they put out. This is the big time, forget about trying to get cast-offs, we want key players just like we fucked over Blackburn for Shearer. It's Ashley time.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Berbatov has a Toon shirt and spunked over Shearer when he was growing up.

Seems a done deal reading between the lines

So did MattM4 but I can't see him turning out for us anytime soon :lol:

I heard Carrcik didn't like the club because they sacked him off as a kid. Don't know if that would have been Keegan's era though. He's still a geordie though, read about him coming back to Waaallsend for xmas and that.

Thats not true. I used to play against him quite a bit. It was common knowledge he was going to West Ham. Apparently Wist Am bought his parents a house (or something like that)

Carrick is worth whatever Man U wan't in my opinion because he is going to be central to any future team they put out. This is the big time, forget about trying to get cast-offs, we want key players just like we fucked over Blackburn for Shearer. It's Ashley time.

Carrick for 60m then :lol:

KEVIN KEEGAN has launched an audacious bid to bring Manchester City and England defender Micah Richards to Newcastle..

And the new United boss has also made an enquiry for Bayern Munich stopper Daniel van Buyten as he bids to bolster his back-line in January.

Keegan last night admitted he has spoken to “a couple of agents about players” since starting his second spell as Newcastle boss in midweek.

And the Sunday Sun can confirm those agents represent City sensation Richards and Belgian star Van Buyten.

But Keegan faces a fight to bring either player to St James’s.

Richards is happy to stay at City for the next two seasons in the belief that he can make enough progress to earn a move to Manchester United or Arsenal.

But the versatile 19-year-old’s hopes of a bumper new pay deal may offer Keegan hope of luring him to Tyneside.

Richards would like to boost his weekly wage from £15,000 to £70,000, but City are offering £45,000-a-week.

Meanwhile, while Belgian centre-half Van Buyten is keen to fight for a first-team place in Germany, Keegan has not been totally discouraged from making a move for the 29-year-old.

Van Buyten impressed under Keegan during a loan spell at City in 2004, and the player’s agent, Christophe Henrotay, told the Sunday Sun: “There is interest from Newcastle – an enquiry has been made.

“At present, Daniel has a job to do with Bayern and he would like, even if he is not playing at the moment, to do his job there.

“But I have said to Kevin (Keegan): ‘Anything can happen. The truth today is not the truth tomorrow.’

“Daniel wants to keep going with Bayern, but he wants to know about Kevin’s situation over there.

“He is very glad that Kevin is getting information on him. He appreciated Kevin’s management at Manchester City.”

Keegan is also keen on Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge and winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, with Blackburn’s David Bentley and Dundee United’s Barry Robson other midfielders on his radar.

And the Sunday Sun can confirm those agents represent City sensation Richards and Belgian star Van Buyten

Anal Oliver-tastic.

Richards wants his head read for leaving one Manchester team to the other, particularly this way round.

www.sport.es

El segundo nombre propio es el de Deco. En este caso es el diario inglés "Telegraph" quien afirma este domingo que el nuevo entrenador del Newcastle, Kevin Keegan, desea tener al portugués a sus órdenes. Aquí hay que recordar unas declaraciones esta misma semana de Deco afirmando que será a final de temporada cuando decida si seguirá en el Barça.

Guest Patrokles
First Sunday KK is here and we're being linked with the quality of player we would never have been linked with in years.

Tbf that's not entirely true. :lol:

www.sport.es

El segundo nombre propio es el de Deco. En este caso es el diario inglés "Telegraph" quien afirma este domingo que el nuevo entrenador del Newcastle, Kevin Keegan, desea tener al portugués a sus órdenes. Aquí hay que recordar unas declaraciones esta misma semana de Deco afirmando que será a final de temporada cuando decida si seguirá en el Barça.

Translated if anyone was wondering:

The second name mentioned was Deco's. The English paper "Telegraph" reported this Sunday that Newcastle's new entertainer, Kevin Keegan, wants to bring the Portuguese into his team. But it's worth noting Deco's recent statement this week that he would decide his future at Barcelona at the end of the season.

I'd have most of the players mentioned in this thread but Carrick seems an especially prudent capture to me, considering his Geordie roots and the fact that we are truly desperate for some quality in the center mid. Berbatov is wishful thinking if I'm honest.

As is Carrick IMO. Starting the majority of games for Manchester United atm, can't see Fergie selling him.

Exactly what I thought. But he would be an excellent signing if we could get him, we're crying out for someone who can pass the ball.

He cost man U £18m and unless he's really unhappy there or they went rid of him (which doesn't seem to be the case) then there's no chance unless he pay them a huge amount of money.

We all know that January is a bad time for signing players, especially domestic players, so I'd rather Keegan maybe bought a creative midfielder for the right price and then waited until the summer before spending big after he has had a proper chance to assess our players and the team's needs.

I'll stand by my words, Ferguson never sells a good player to another premier league club, EVER.

Paul McGrath.

Now leave this thread.

Sold pre-Premier League though :lol:

I'll stand by my words, Ferguson never sells a good player to another premier league club, EVER.

Paul McGrath.

Now leave this thread.

Now I know what your Mrs. meant when she told me you liked a bit of anal. :lol:

Paul McGrath.

Now leave this thread.

Now I know what your Mrs. meant when she told me you liked a bit of anal. ;)

:lol::D

That's her face and mine btw.