Gazza

peasepud

He's probably on Antabuse, hence the reaction to the drink

Not sure he'd get through 3 days of whisky if he was on Antabuse. Doesnt make sense though since 'he's had 2 pints' isnt 'he's been drinking for 3 days'.

Was probably clearer if you were there, rather than reading a report of the event.

So sad but those around him cant give up on him.

Just had this chat with my dad. You can't section someone for being an alcoholic, he's got capacity to choose to drink every time he sobers up. From what I understand he's already had a shed load of detox's and he just keeps relapsing. He's going to drink himself to death in a matter of months at this rate

I feel worse than he looks today.

As much as you wish people about him would do something, he's got to do something for himself. To be fair, he seems to regularly, to be honest he's 100% likely to relapse every time.

I wouldn't have thought you could live through three days on the whiskey.

Really? Been on lads holidays where we have drunk horrific amounts every night for 2 weeks straight. Not sure how much proper alcoholics get through but don't they drink pretty much all day every day?

Really? Been on lads holidays where we have drunk horrific amounts every night for 2 weeks straight. Not sure how much proper alcoholics get through but don't they drink pretty much all day every day?

Ah right? I can't say I've ever done that. I've done 3 or 4 days in a row but I've always liked the time off. Apart from this Christmas where I drank everyday for about 2 weeks - not getting drunk n but drinking.

That's just me mind.

I've had patients who regularly drink 20cans a day/6-8 litres of cider a day. Big risk of fitting and dying trying to come off the drink too quickly

Ah right? I can't say I've ever done that. I've done 3 or 4 days in a row but I've always liked the time off. Apart from this Christmas where I drank everyday for about 2 weeks - not getting drunk n but drinking.

That's just me mind.

This was a long time ago, couldn't handle it now like but 3 days drinking doesn't sound like something that would kill you (obviously depends how much), it's the hundreds/thousands of days drinking before that which probably does the damage :D:(