Tottenham Hotspur 1- 4 Newcastle Utd

Happy Face

Saw the whole game albeit on a delayed basis and not live so had to stay away from phones, pc's, and the telly so I wouldn't know the score.

Honestly didn't expect us to win in London, would have been estatic with a draw, but a win brought maniaclal joy.

Some nail-biting moments in the first half when they were coming forward, heart sank when the Bent one scored, couldn't believe it when Butt got one back.

Second half looked like we were half-way back to being the Entertainers again. Can't say that anyone had a bad game, Viduka & Barton are looking better all the time. Geremi was a little better than usual.

Overall the best performence I've seen this season which leads me to believe that getting rid of Allardyce at that time was the right thing to do as this was the team available to him and he couldn't get them to perform anywhere close to what they showed today.

Same here, Noelie. Walked into the pub to watch the tape delay hoping for a draw when the bartender mentioned that I came in to gloat over the game I knew I was going to have a good day!

Sat next to a spuds fan who already knew the score... poor bastard.

After the game they showed the highlights from the NUFC/Spurs game from 1996 at SJP when the score was 7-1. What a great day! :nufc:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MOTD highlights and goals from Maxxed and Soccerpulse:

Rapidshare Download

86 MB AVI File

Taken from albiondeans MotD2 cap , cheers fella

Tottenham Vs Newcastle

BBC MOTD2 | ENG | HQ | X264 | 624x352

7970020_7_1.jpg

Tottenham 1-0 D Bent

MediaFire

Newcastle 1-1 Butt

MediaFire

Newcastle 1-2 Geremi

MediaFire

Newcastle 1-3 Owen

MediaFire

Newcastle 1-4 Martins

MediaFire

Fucking brilliant result (coming back from a goal down makes it even better). I was out with a few makems on Saturday night who were winding me right up about being above us. I'm going to have the fuckers lives when I see them today :nufc:

While I wont rest totally until we're mathamatically certain, I'm pretty sure that's us safe now. Can't see Bolton picking up three wins (especially after what happened to them on Saturday) never mind us not picking anything else up. Hopefully we'll put in a good run together now and set ourselves up nicely for next season.

we're safe now for sure. it was looking sticky for a while but i can't see anything but a win against reading now. it just goes to show how much team moral and confidence can affect results. we might even catch spurs now. i think kk is being a tad optimistic if he thinks we can catch west ham though

Well, I went to my first league game of the season today (not by choice) and sat at the away end with the lads and the missus.

Firsty, WHL's security need to get a fucking grip. If they think they can hoy out two pretty much defenceless old geezers who may have had a beer or 3 because they were standing, and another who questions why they were being ejected, and expect that this is going to get the entire Away stand to sit down, they are fiercely deluded.

The atmosphere was fucking brilliant. Spurs fans truly are awful. Even on the train back to Liverpool Street all I could hear was people saying how the "Geordies outsang us", and how they were "embarassed to be a Spurs fan". And rightfully so.

Harper was fairly solid. I can't halp thinking he really should have saved the first goal though. Faye and Beye were terrific in the air, and Beye's timing was terrific. Enrique was pretty average. I reckon Faye and Taylor are going to become a quality partnership as well even if big Steve has his occasional moments of Brambleness. Barton was very, VERY good and even Geremi had O'Hara shitting himself. If only he had some pace to get past him. The crab was his usual self, fuck me, does he put in some hard challenges. Martins was just electric, and Owen wasn't far behind him, and Viduka is like fucking velcro up front. He works perfectly as the holding striker with Owen and Martins making runs off him.

All in all a cracking day out and a wonderful result.

we're safe now for sure. it was looking sticky for a while but i can't see anything but a win against reading now. it just goes to show how much team moral and confidence can affect results. we might even catch spurs now. i think kk is being a tad optimistic if he thinks we can catch west ham though

Probably, but I'd rather have a team lead by Keegan that thinks they can, than a team lead by Big Sam that's worrying about not losing to Reading and Sunderland at home.

Well, I went to my first league game of the season today (not by choice) and sat at the away end with the lads and the missus.

Firsty, WHL's security need to get a fucking grip. If they think they can hoy out two pretty much defenceless old geezers who may have had a beer or 3 because they were standing, and another who questions why they were being ejected, and expect that this is going to get the entire Away stand to sit down, they are fiercely deluded.

The atmosphere was fucking brilliant. Spurs fans truly are awful. Even on the train back to Liverpool Street all I could hear was people saying how the "Geordies outsang us", and how they were "embarassed to be a Spurs fan". And rightfully so.

Harper was fairly solid. I can't halp thinking he really should have saved the first goal though. Faye and Beye were terrific in the air, and Beye's timing was terrific. Enrique was pretty average. I reckon Faye and Taylor are going to become a quality partnership as well even if big Steve has his occasional moments of Brambleness. Barton was very, VERY good and even Geremi had O'Hara shitting himself. If only he had some pace to get past him. The crab was his usual self, fuck me, does he put in some hard challenges. Martins was just electric, and Owen wasn't far behind him, and Viduka is like fucking velcro up front. He works perfectly as the holding striker with Owen and Martins making runs off him.

Only seen it on highlights, but it looked to be pretty much right in the top corner, don't think that many would have got to it.

Fucking brilliant this-and it can have only added insult to injury for Spurs when the 4th went in courteousy of the most preposterous hairdo in the Premiership.

:nufc: that's some fucking claim when Sagna, Gallas and others are knocking about...

Reach for the stars and you will fly.

Fucking brilliant this-and it can have only added insult to injury for Spurs when the 4th went in courteousy of the most preposterous hairdo in the Premiership.

:nufc: that's some fucking claim when Sagna, Gallas and others are knocking about...

It has been noted that strikers start fiddling with their hairdo's when not scoring. :fool:

All the Spurs fans at work who were laughing at me the other week when we got tonked 5-1 at home by Man Utd are strangely quiet this morning.... :nufc:

Few comments about how we'll not shut up about it for weeks... and this is from someone who still has 'Spurs 2 Chelski 1' as his MSN handle......

:fool:

My spurs supporting mate won't answer his phone. I've left several messages on it though, including one reminding him how he once described Michael Owen as a complete waste of money. :nufc:

My spurs supporting mate won't answer his phone. I've left several messages on it though, including one reminding him how he once described Michael Owen as a complete waste of money. :nufc:

My housemate is a spurs fan and he's actually put off his return by a day, he says he wants to get more work done, I think he's avoiding me...

what a result.

went beserk when i found out. as i was travelling all day.

my dad had tickets to a box, and everytime we scored the whole box went nuts which prompted a chorus of v-signs from the surrounding crowd.

ah joy.

Only seen it on highlights, but it looked to be pretty much right in the top corner, don't think that many would have got to it.

When I saw it on MOTD I think I said "right at the post, no 'keeper in the world would have saved that"