Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Lee Ryder misses out on another club exclusive, it's almost as if they think he's a talentless hack.

:lol: Was just about to say, McClaren comes across well enough but as others have said any future success depends on the amount the club is willing to spend.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the entire setup, as many of you are. McClaren wasn't my first choice (or anyone's I don't think) but he's here now and it's time for the club to support him, not hang him out to dry like they did with Hughton, Pardew, and indeed even Carver. Speaking of the Wallsend Mourinho, hoying out dumb & dumber and planning to spend the Pardew compensation money on building a coaching team that the manager actually wants sounds like a good plan. It's just one of the common sense things that our club has been failing to do for years now.

The fact that we are now publicly disavowing that bullshit line about "you get relegated if you try to win a cup" may end up being nothing but lip service, but fuck me, it's less depressing than listening to Penfold mumble about how the Premier League is the club's only priority.

What kind of football do McClaren's teams generally favour? I'm fucked if I know. Is it cautious, expansive? Does he like wingers? One or two strikers? Anyone in the know?

I like the idea of the young'uns being more involved with the first team training. I'm guessing that's not what has been happening.

His points about the Youth were the more interesting bits of what he said imo. I hope he can really help our youth set up and he's allowed to bring in some credible coaches who can actually train the kids at the club. He had a decent record for giving youth players a chance and coaching them up when he was at Boro, hopefully he can manage similar here because our youth production has been pretty poor for a long time.

Lee Ryder misses out on another club exclusive, it's almost as if they think he's a talentless hack.

Mark Douglas seems like the chief sports writer atm

God knows what the hell is going on at this basket case of a club. I have no fucking clue what giving McLaren a seat on the board is supposed to achieve, or Moncur for that matter. I don't have any confidence they know either - it seems to just be more of the same, from the same source of deep strategic thinking that promoted the fucking secretary to chief executive and now chairman, brought us Kinnear and Wise as directors of football, and sacked Hughton for merely being a coach, and gave Pardew an 8 year contract. It's a joke, it really is. Why people are even thinking about going back to SJP before seeing concrete evidence that this time they know what they're doing, is beyond me.

I think the semiotics are right, the club has realised the importance of sign processes and meaningful communication. The "Pardew semiosis effect" resonated with the trashy syntactics of the sponsors, the branding, the owner and the leadership which compounded the disenchantment amongst supporters. McClaren has the right vowels, a house in Yarm, drives a tractor at weekends and can pronounce a hard 'a'. His credentials are there for all to hear, he's a no nonsense northern nurturer of youth, pace and talent. He has re-assuring hands. I predict good things.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the entire setup, as many of you are. McClaren wasn't my first choice (or anyone's I don't think) but he's here now and it's time for the club to support him, not hang him out to dry like they did with Hughton, Pardew, and indeed even Carver. Speaking of the Wallsend Mourinho, hoying out dumb & dumber and planning to spend the Pardew compensation money on building a coaching team that the manager actually wants sounds like a good plan. It's just one of the common sense things that our club has been failing to do for years now.

So am I, especially with the suggestion that Steve Black will be part of the coaching staff, if true. I think he would make a massive difference, in terms of both physical and mental fitness (the latter probably being even more important for our crowd of cheese eating surrender monkeys)