Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

I don't think Schteve is the man to lead a relegation batlle. There's something of a rabbit in the headlights about him. At the moment the most likely scenario is we'll go down with him at the helm, with Cathro replacing him in the summer.

come on then Howmanheyman - tell me when, under Ashley, we appointed a manager who was a step up? We can say Joe Kinnear's replacement, but he had a heart attack and came back as Director of Football to do even more damage.

We're all entitled to our opinions sure, but , how don't you see a better style of football under him? How is it "useless" to take over a heap of shit like Carver left and in 6 months have them passing to feet and running with the ball?

Everyone screaming for Garde, who we had absolutely fuck all chance of getting (maybe not now tho!) - and look what he's managed ?

Edited by scoobos

Fair enough, but why think positive about a situation that quite clearly isn't. I'm well past stage 1 of bereavement, denial,

Until Ashley goes its down down down.

That said, I'd have thought that by supporting McLaren you'd think I was positive and not defeatist? It's defeatist to say the managers shit get him out, after half a season.

There's been at least 4 games this season where we have played better and got points, than we ever did in the last four.

Edited by scoobos

You can't blame scoobos for thinking like that - it is the reality of Ashley's time here. Keegan for allardyce was a no-brainer, a populist move that worked brilliantly til kk sussed them out for what they were. Since then we've had kinnear, huyton (luckily worked out well), pards and carver. I'd say scoobos has every right to be worried about who they'd bring in if mclaren went.

And yes, my instinct is also to try to be positive about a bloke who has arguably had us playing the best football (in parts, I'm not saying every game) we have for 10 years. He's not the bloke any of us would want as manager in an ideal world, but I also don't think he's been the unmitigated disaster some people think. Having said that, I have to admit to being very worried about his ability to get us out of a relegation fight

The only time I see people saying we play good football is a few days or week from our last result and after the fallout from another hapless, calamitous performance that was turned in.

We've been largely shit this season man, stop kidding yourselves, I can't stress just how fucking shit and turgid we have been in games. Just pack it in saying we play better football when it hasn't. It's been average at best and that's without the likes of Williamson and Gouffran punting it long or just running into opposition.

Keegan for Allardyce.

Forgetting that though, your thinking reeks of the defeatism that permeates this club.

I don't think it's defeatist to have no faith in Ashley's ability to make a wise, sound appointment. To the casual observer McClaren looked like a good appointment. Coaching credentials, has been successful abroad, did well with Middlesbrough, widely respected throughout the footballing world, plenty of experience, plenty of connections.

The problem is he's also struggled abroad, did average to poor with Derby, he's respected by the old-guard when football is evolving faster than they care for, experience is synonym for old, the connections are again the old guard and that's not the group you can rely on to take the club forward.

Obviously a lot of the blame can be laid at the feet of Ashley, but I really think that regardless of our final position, Charnley has to go.

come on then Howmanheyman - tell me when, under Ashley, we appointed a manager who was a step up? We can say Joe Kinnear's replacement, but he had a heart attack and came back as Director of Football to do even more damage.

We're all entitled to our opinions sure, but , how don't you see a better style of football under him? How is it "useless" to take over a heap of shit like Carver left and in 6 months have them passing to feet and running with the ball?

Everyone screaming for Garde, who we had absolutely fuck all chance of getting (maybe not now tho!) - and look what he's managed ?

How do you come to the conclusion we have fuck all chance of getting Remi Garde?

Having no faith in Ashley/Charnley doesn't let McClaren off the hook nor Ashley/Charnley either. What is defeatist is saying 'well he's the best we can get'. Sorry, like, but fucking demand for better, we're allowed to if we want, despite scoobos 'expectations' bollocks.

I think one of the reasons we didn't get better than McClaren is because of the restrictions they put in place regarding transfers. As for Charnley he must he must have thought all his birthdays had come at once when he was fast-tracked to his current job. This is the bloke who previously filled in the reserve team sheet ffs. Obviously the main blame is with Ashley for allowing them to join the club I'm afraid until he sods off the "football club" will never be right.

I said we HAD no chance of getting Garde back then, but now we probably do have a chance (thus the "maybe not now tho!") comment, as he's had a howler and will soon be out of work with his reputation damaged. the team got worse under him.