Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

So where do we stand at the moment?

A source described it to me as United “pressing pause” on the situation. They want to get away from the heat of the Saturday’s furious and desperate defeat and do “due diligence” before taking the next step - so we’re effectively in limbo. All the key players will speak today - as we reported this morning, McClaren is getting a chance to make his pitch to stay in charge.
So what does that mean? Well, a picture of Lee Charnley being highly reluctant to make a change is emerging. But he knows he has to sell that scenario to Mike Ashley as well, who - through Keith Bishop - is being advised about the next step.
We understand that many in the NUFC inner circle think a change has to be made. But essentially it’s up to Charnley, the man with his hand on the levers of power at St James’ Park.
It’s all very slow, all very deliberate: basically, exactly what NUFC has become under Charnley. It’s how they do transfers and it’s how they did the McClaren appointment. At a time when Newcastle need to be decisive and shock themselves out of this funk, they’re reverting to type. Have they learned nothing?

The club is absolutely paralysed with Charnely running the show.

The club is absolutely paralysed with Charnely running the show.

That is because he is paralysed with fear.

He must start every day wondering when someone is going to realise he has been promoted so far above his ability he will need a parachute to come back down. That will be horrendously stressful and stress panic causes decision paralysis.

Apparently according to a managerial course I went on once.

He's already had a stadium tour and is impressed by the air conditioning units

Hope they told him there's a golf course on the Town Moor

:lol: Hitting pause and making sure Saturday doesn't influence the decision too much. He is fucking trembling under his desk today, McClaren has had 28 games to show he is up to task and he has been hopeless, we still go out looking confused and without motivation or game plan. I knew Charnley wouldn't sack him.

:lol: Hitting pause and making sure Saturday doesn't influence the decision too much. He is fucking trembling under his desk today, McClaren has had 28 games to show he is up to task and he has been hopeless, we still go out looking confused and without motivation or game plan. I knew Charnley wouldn't sack him.

This is the 1st season where I've seen the players on the pitch actively seeking direction from the bench. If that's not an indictment of the piss poor preparation McClaren made, I don't know what is.

One thing struck me on Saturday when someone mentioned the lack of impact Steve Black has had. He's supposed to be for motivation purposes is he not? But isn't that just part of the managers job? The fact that McClaren from the start needed someone else for that role speaks volumes.

This is the 1st season where I've seen the players on the pitch actively seeking direction from the bench. If that's not an indictment of the piss poor preparation McClaren made, I don't know what is.

Aye there's just nothing, anytime we get the ball around half way and there is a decent amount of ways the play can go from the position it just stagnates. It honestly seems like all they focus on is counter attacking because anytime the play is slower there is no real purpose or direction, they try switching the ball to catch the defence unbalanced but they do it far too slowly so the defence gets into position etc, I thought at first it may click and he was just trying things out but it's been 8 months or so now ffs there should be some semblance of a plan out there.

The Fans Forum have published an 8 page letter they've sent to the club. I'm not quite sure what the questions/demands are supposed to be tbh. I think we could have produced a better one on here. It needs to be more concise with less hyperbole imo

How is McLaren still in a job ffs... This has now gone on all day and its just wasting everyone's time.

I can't believe how much I despise Charnley, he's beyond useless.

52k there on Saturday, man. ffs

It's fucking ridiculous. I bet Ashley can't believe his luck. Even he wouldn't have thought he could get away with this level of pisstake and still sell out the ground.